| NEWS Clear the air.

I've been on this site for quite a while now. I came over when woollyal went away. I don't post much at all but I read the site almost daily and really appreciate everyone's insight into all things Bama. I ran track and cross county from 1998-2003 and love having a place to read all about the Tide. Now my daughters are both heavy into travel softball so most of my attention goes to the softball world. In fact I was at the Bama hitting clinic with my oldest daughter on Monday of last week. Living in Georgia now I don't get back on campus as much as I would like but it is always great when I do.

Thanks for allowing me to lurk all these years and for all yall do for the site!

To be honest, I was laughing at times. It wasn't laughing at you, it was laughing at the situation. I saw it all over the place back then.

There is an LSU forum, Tigerfans/Tigerforums, that's dealing with a lot of issues now. I'm good friends with several guys on that site...and I'm laughing at them. I could fix that site in 10 minutes...but good lord, we can't have a Bama fan fix an LSU site! That's just WRONG!

And it's all about conversations...
Sure bro, you wasn't laughing at me. LMAO. Hell, I was laughing at me. Porkchop would call, hey bro, sites down, had to call Godady, they said it was on YABBs and, I would call them they said it was a server issue.

Great topic/thread. I was on TF back in the day too. I remember TP and others on there as well. Not sure if any remember me back then (different "name"). I really appreciate a site like this where you don't have to worry about an opinion getting you shit canned, though I had my fair share of warnings from TP's mentioned "Admin/Moderator" I never got banned (I don't know why), I was as much of an "ass" on there as I am here. :p I'm going on year 8 and have enjoyed all of the board "comradery." Keep up the good work guys and thank you.

@TerryP , who was that guy at Tide Fans that took over at Moderator when the mass exodus happened? Seems like his handle started with a B, I may be wrong.
Earle Self. TideHSV. He's a tax attorney in Huntsville.

Bruh, he drives a convertible Miata. If that tells you anything. He's a...(let the record reflect) a fucking pussy.

Now, you're talking about Bayoutider. He fell into that camp when there were a few forums running on Delphi. They are still there. He was given access and fell into a routine.

Rich. He lived in the Bayou. Good fella, overall. GREAT cook!!!

Several years ago Shane Youngblood opened a forum where you had to post under your real name, etc. Good idea. I've posted under my real name since I started getting into stuff with people. It created a cliche as well as a clique. There's a self introspection thread over on "Our Lives." It applies here as well. It's weird to see people fall into these cliques when all we really want to do it talk about Bama.

Fredo'.,.been in this "business" since the early '90's and I still don't get people.

Back to Rich for a second. God rest his soul. He came up with SNASS.

Earle Self. TideHSV. He's a tax attorney in Huntsville.

Bruh, he drives a convertible Miata. If that tells you anything. He's a...(let the record reflect) a fucking pussy.

Now, you're talking about Bayoutider. He fell into that camp when there were a few forums running on Delphi. They are still there. He was given access and fell into a routine.

Rich. He lived in the Bayou. Good fella, overall. GREAT cook!!!

Several years ago Shane Youngblood opened a forum where you had to post under your real name, etc. Good idea. I've posted under my real name since I started getting into stuff with people. It created a cliche as well as a clique. There's a self introspection thread over on "Our Lives." It applies here as well. It's weird to see people fall into these cliques when all we really want to do it talk about Bama.

Fredo'.,.been in this "business" since the early '90's and I still don't get people.

Back to Rich for a second. God rest his soul. He came up with SNASS.
Fucking Earle, that guy is the one that warned me if I don't stop engaging with others the way I do I would be banned, Jess told him to leave me be.
All I did was call BS on one guy. Porkchop chimed in with me and Jess had to clear it up. LOL

Yep, All started at Tidefans, and ended here. Awesome if you think about it.
I reflect on this often. Like I mentioned to Tim, "pen pals." That's basically what we are, in a larger format.

A good friend of mine is in the psychiatry department at MUSC. She's a weird one...loves time on the water, doesn't fish. But I digress.

We talk about social media, a lot. It's part of my "real job." And, it's part of her department.

I don't like cliques. I never have. (I did like going into the SOHO bars when I was in T-town..) But, there's something to be said about communities. I'm a predator, in a sense, because I get enthralled watching communities we know as message forums. IE: From Nadar to Harbaugh...wild watching people react.

You have me laughing this morning. Thanks. I just remember one of the conversations I had with Keith.

"Beau, you gotta change the software." That's when I met Lance.

I reflect on this often. Like I mentioned to Tim, "pen pals." That's basically what we are, in a larger format.

A good friend of mine is in the psychiatry department at MUSC. She's a weird one...loves time on the water, doesn't fish. But I digress.

We talk about social media, a lot. It's part of my "real job." And, it's part of her department.

I don't like cliques. I never have. (I did like going into the SOHO bars when I was in T-town..) But, there's something to be said about communities. I'm a predator, in a sense, because I get enthralled watching communities we know as message forums. IE: From Nadar to Harbaugh...wild watching people react.

You have me laughing this morning. Thanks. I just remember one of the conversations I had with Keith.

"Beau, you gotta change the software." That's when I met Lance.
Keith worried me to death about that site man, I didn't take it wrong, but when you have 13 people calling you at a 5 min span, you blame Keith. LMFAO

Fucking Earle, that guy is the one that warned me if I don't stop engaging with others the way I do I would be banned, Jess told him to leave me be.
All I did was call BS on one guy. Porkchop chimed in with me and Jess had to clear it up. LOL
All I can say about all of this.

I made the mistake of bringing him in.

I don't regret it in the end. I learned a lot about a few people.

I look back and there's not a lot that's changed. I laughed at people then, as much I do now. And...tends to piss some people off. 🤷‍♂️

"Ya gotta change the software."

How long did y'all run on pHpbb? I might have things confused here...
I think 2 years, and it was 2 years of hell. Pork went in one time and changed a code, said he talked to customer support. Well, I cursed customer support out. They told me to change it back. I was like, I do not know the code he changed and neither does he. LOL. We went to Yabb right after.

On a site, paid for, by page views. Engagements.

This is why I was freaking out. Behind the scenes I'm asking, "what the fuck are you doing?" Literally.

Fact, while everyone was saying Rich Rod was our coach, we were pushing that its Saban.
Fact. Here. I knew it in November. That LSU site I mentioned...crashed when I told them.

Reminds me of Jameis Winston and his recruitment. PsychoJoe was working with his grandmother. Howard was telling people where he was headed and there were several that chose to argue about that on the old recruiting forums. Me? Again, laughing.

Back
Top Bottom