| OT Does your #1 rival change depending on the sport? Mine does. "A Saturday Sentiment."

TerryP

Staff
I don't know what led me to start thinking about this subject: just an opinion on a Saturday morning for you to kick around.

Conservatively speaking, if I were to ask a group of Alabama fans who their biggest rival was I'd think 70% or more would point to Auburn. The remainder? UT, with some pointing to UGA.

Look. I know I'm eccentric. Every single teacher and professor I've had said "I was special." But I digress ...

I can't look at rivalries like most. Consider for a second ...

It's basketball season. I really don't care what's going on with Todd Golden and Florida basketball. However, in this season, I can't stand Bruce Pearl and Auburn basketball.

However, it's also softball season. I don't care what's going on with Mickey Dean and Auburn softball. However, in this season, I can't stand Tim Walton and Florida softball.

Vanderbilt baseball, and that damn whistler, is annoying as hell. But I don't care about Tim Corbin and the 'Dores. However, in this season, I can't stand ANYTHING associated with LSU baseball.

Bama lost to LSU last year in gymnastics. Jay Clark has done a good job with that program. I don't care about the Tigers and their gymnastics program. In this season, I can't stand ANYTHING associated with UGA gymnastics. (Thank Yoculan.)

Football? It's all about beating UT.

I am to be commended. You won't find a better example, in this time era, of a person being Diverse.
You won't find a better example of a person who believes in Equity: I'm fair, impartial, and dislike people based on the values they share.
Inclusion. I can name something about every SEC program that I don't like. Every. Single. One.

I don't know what led me to start thinking about this subject: just an opinion on a Saturday morning for you to kick around.

Conservatively speaking, if I were to ask a group of Alabama fans who their biggest rival was I'd think 70% or more would point to Auburn. The remainder? UT, with some pointing to UGA.

Look. I know I'm eccentric. Every single teacher and professor I've had said "I was special." But I digress ...

I can't look at rivalries like most. Consider for a second ...

It's basketball season. I really don't care what's going on with Todd Golden and Florida basketball. However, in this season, I can't stand Bruce Pearl and Auburn basketball.

However, it's also softball season. I don't care what's going on with Mickey Dean and Auburn softball. However, in this season, I can't stand Tim Walton and Florida softball.

Vanderbilt baseball, and that damn whistler, is annoying as hell. But I don't care about Tim Corbin and the 'Dores. However, in this season, I can't stand ANYTHING associated with LSU baseball.

Bama lost to LSU last year in gymnastics. Jay Clark has done a good job with that program. I don't care about the Tigers and their gymnastics program. In this season, I can't stand ANYTHING associated with UGA gymnastics. (Thank Yoculan.)

Football? It's all about beating UT.

I am to be commended. You won't find a better example, in this time era, of a person being Diverse.
You won't find a better example of a person who believes in Equity: I'm fair, impartial, and dislike people based on the values they share.
Inclusion. I can name something about every SEC program that I don't like. Every. Single. One.
I think you did...
For me.......
Tennessee n AU in every sport...
Because its Tennessee n AU

I agree with you. Some teams just erk you and build that persona season to season. Tennessee baseball has been that way for me the last couple of years. Auburn basketball, Georgia and LSU football. Hate Texas A&M in general.

Yes. Used to be Mississippi State for basketball. But auburn and TN have ramped it up a notch, while State has sucked. Gottfried and Stansbury hated each other and it made for a really heated game sometimes. Oats and Musselman kind of have that relationship IMO. But I really want to beat auburn more because their fans are beyond obnoxious when it comes to their obsession with Alabama's program. They've always had an awful inferiority complex when it comes to football, but basketball is 10x worst and they don't even try to hide it. To make matters worse, they only started following when Pearl was hired, so to hide it, they say we only did since Oats. We were selling out Coleman consistently under Wimp, the early years of Gottfried and Grant, and the majority of Avery's tenure until it fell off in the end.

Just recently when Holtman was fired at Ohio State, their fans took to message boards and social media begging them to take Oats. Pussies.

-Softball it's Tennessee and Florida.
-Gymnastics it's Georgia and Florida.
-Football is obviously auburn and Tennessee. Tennessee more recently. Beating auburn is more of a relief now since their program is hot dogshit.

All SEC team sports? I don't recognize any until we play them. Then, F them all. They can eat shit and burn in Hell for all I care.
Way back in the day, I would pull for another SEC team. Then this little thing called the Internet came along and really spoiled it all for us. We have fans from all over that will give you a very bad taste in your mouth. @footballer I'm about the same way. Unless it will help Bama, Like when the Hogs beat Ole Siss to get Bama into the playoff.

I'm an equal opportunity hater, and I have a lot of hate in my heart when it comes to rivals. I want auburn to suffer the most, that's above all else. Unless them winning in something helps Alabama somehow, then I want them to lose. Always. In everything. That doesn't mean I like the opponent, just means I hate them more. I want them robbed of joy and happiness at every turn. I want them to regret being a fan in their waning moments on earth.

But, the runner up programs are... (these are subject to change by year)

Football- Tennessee... slightly over Georgia

Men's Basketball- Arkansas... Musselman is insufferable.

Baseball- Tennessee... hope they sweep auburn and then lose the rest.

Softball- Arkansas... their program has talked a lot of shit about Bama and Murphy... like, and inordinate amount of shit for a program that hasn't accomplished much of anything.

Gymnastics- auburn gets first and second here, but I guess I'd throw in UGA next, though they've kinda become an afterthought.

they've kinda become an afterthought.
We support a school who has an elephant as a mascot.
Elephants are known for their memory.

There is no such thing as an afterthought. :devilish:

When I heard xCMG was going to be in town yesterday my first thought was "are the Phi Mu's going to hire extra security?" That was followed by, "is Ol' Colony going to lock their gates today?"

Yeah, there's always the original thought before the afterthought. 🤷‍♂️

#1 rival. Whatever SEC team we're playing that week. I've never bought into the " I pull for so and so when they're not playing us." What a crock of shit. They all hate us and I'm all fine with returning the feelings.
I agree. I've never been any kind of fan except a "Bama fan. But to narrow it down for conversation sake, I really, really hate UT and just hate AU.

Rather flip the question and say I love Bama sports. Everyone else is just a path to Bama excellence. With that said I would say hands down the Viles and the Barn.

This is a good summary of how I feel about both the Vile and Barn fanbases and programs:
I want them robbed of joy and happiness at every turn. I want them to regret being a fan in their waning moments on earth.

At the National scale it would likley be ND, Ohio State and Texas and maybe UM. These programs want to act like they are Bama. I have a feeling being exposed to Texas more, they and their fanbases will shoot up the hate meter pretty quickly. They already have their AD trying to speak for the SEC. Texas is used to being bowed down to and being the king in the room. They think they are going to come in and be kings of the SEC. They need to be put in their place over and over again.

We were eating an early dinner last night at a local spot in Pell City, and I watched most of the second half of the Kentucky/Auburn game, no sound. Watching Pearl and his team's antics...what complete POS he is. His conniptions were delicious as the game walked away from him.

Been dismissed for violations at one school
And force to leave at another...
And
AU hires...
Says more than can be said

But...
That arena and where they put students...
Powerful influence on home court advantages
We need that at bama

Any idea what that "kind of arena" would do to ticket prices at UA?
Well yeah. Remember. I buy season football tickets...
Win and cost dont matter...

Cant play in an airplane hanger forever..

And NO. I really dont believe it will happen...unless
it becomes an ultimatum...

Terry. I have been a bama fan a long time...its so awesome to
see bama bball back.... and style of play is incredible......

And ...really...kids that "ball" watching bama...gotta be thinking...
man...this is how i like playing...

Well yeah. Remember. I buy season football tickets...
Win and cost dont matter...
Okay. I have since 1992. I sell mine. 🤷‍♂️
Cant play in an airplane hanger forever..
So, we are back here again.

The exterior of Bryant Denny has been changed. The exterior of Coleman can be changed.

The bones there...they are good. The interior can be changed.

It's all about what is the best financial decision. Right now? CNO wants NIL money.

Back
Top Bottom