| NEWS Clear the air.

@Kirk Van de Graaff is the Godfather of this site... without his idea to start Crimson Tusks, there is no eventual RTB in its current form. We've had a lot of fun as a group through the years... ironically, especially so during the Fran, Price, Shula transition years when we laughed and masked the pain... but always made the most of it and had fun... while knowing that brighter days on the field were eventually ahead. Honestly, those were some of the best times though, made so by some of the best people. It feels weird when I have to explain to folks sometimes that some of my best, closest friends are guys that I met on a Bama message board 20+ years ago. I said this last month during Tennessee week, but I really wish Bo was here to enjoy this Saban-led run, but also thankful that he got to see the front end of it.

I know we don't really do the A-Day tailgates anymore, but I'd be all about a group going to an away game one year... Arkansas, Mississippi State, whatever... would be a lot of fun.

Here's some photos through the years of a few (certainly not all) of the best of them...

@doemasters took all but 1 of the pictures...

IMG_6009.jpg

bamafan4ever & Bo

IMG_0235.jpg

Bo

IMG_4976-X3.jpg

Porkchop

IMG_9614.jpg

It Takes Eleven

IMG_9750-X3.jpg

Kirk Van de Graaff & Coach Nicholas Lou Saban

IMG_7793-X3.jpg

Me & rammerjammer

Afraid to name names for fear I'd leave someone out, but there is no doubt that this is far and above any other Bama message boards.
Not sure who to thank for the sports betting part but it adds so much to this site.

PS: I lost my ass wagering on games awhile back. Hopefully this post will garner me another $750k to bet with as well as an authentic Bama Jersey signed by Jalen Hurts 😂😂😂

Thank @TerryP for that... only downside that came with it is that degenerate @the Bookie hangs around in the shadows, buying up real estate and strong-arming the regulars.

I love this site and the knowledge you guys share. I joined just after my daughter was born (senior in HS now) and right when CNS was hired. I hate I missed all the Shula and Price times. I really enjoy the banter but value the insight and sometimes inside information you guys share. I learn something new every time I open the site. I thank you profusely for setting up and running this place.

I was fortunate to meet Plano Matt and Eleven at one of the Dallas games a few years back but haven’t met any of the rest of you. Our car got broken into during lunch before the Miami game last year in Atlanta so I missed the little reunion before that kickoff. Hope to meet some more of you guys someday.

And I’m all for a tailgate at an away game or home game. Somehow I never made any of the ones back when you guys held them.

What ever happened to Porkchop, Psycho Joe, and the guy that was from California (can’t remember his name maybe it was Raider something). There were a lot of frequent posters that I haven’t heard from in a while.

Nice posts.

I've been on this site for what seems forever. I was on the before mentioned other site and came over by request of those who split with the old.
Great site run by good people with a lot more knowledge than me. I do appreciate the fact that they try hard to keep things relatively civil.

And as long as we're now coasting into Thanksgiving week - thanks to all of you and roll tide, my brothers.

@Kirk Van de Graaff is the Godfather of this site... without his idea to start Crimson Tusks, there is no eventual RTB in its current form. We've had a lot of fun as a group through the years... ironically, especially so during the Fran, Price, Shula transition years when we laughed and masked the pain... but always made the most of it and had fun... while knowing that brighter days on the field were eventually ahead. Honestly, those were some of the best times though, made so by some of the best people. It feels weird when I have to explain to folks sometimes that some of my best, closest friends are guys that I met on a Bama message board 20+ years ago. I said this last month during Tennessee week, but I really wish Bo was here to enjoy this Saban-led run, but also thankful that he got to see the front end of it.

I know we don't really do the A-Day tailgates anymore, but I'd be all about a group going to an away game one year... Arkansas, Mississippi State, whatever... would be a lot of fun.

Here's some photos through the years of a few (certainly not all) of the best of them...

@doemasters took all but 1 of the pictures...

IMG_6009.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_4976-X3.jpg

IMG_9614.jpg

IMG_9750-X3.jpg

IMG_7793-X3.jpg
Would be great if you included names with the pics.

Last edited:
I love this site and the knowledge you guys share. I joined just after my daughter was born (senior in HS now) and right when CNS was hired. I hate I missed all the Shula and Price times. I really enjoy the banter but value the insight and sometimes inside information you guys share. I learn something new every time I open the site. I thank you profusely for setting up and running this place.

I was fortunate to meet Plano Matt and Eleven at one of the Dallas games a few years back but haven’t met any of the rest of you. Our car got broken into during lunch before the Miami game last year in Atlanta so I missed the little reunion before that kickoff. Hope to meet some more of you guys someday.

And I’m all for a tailgate at an away game or home game. Somehow I never made any of the ones back when you guys held them.

What ever happened to Porkchop, Psycho Joe, and the guy that was from California (can’t remember his name maybe it was Raider something). There were a lot of frequent posters that I haven’t heard from in a while.

Chop got busy and hasn't been around in a while... he still stays in contact with a handful of the RTB Originals and last I heard he was doing well. Joe still checks in here on occasion, but if you blink, you'll miss him. Not sure on the other... there are many though that for one reason or another, have faded away... there's several that a few of us still stay in touch with (like Chop)... others, not so much. A few have passed away over the years too... but we had some really good people that drifted away over the last 10-15 years or so, and they are missed. I hope at some point a few may trickle back in and return home.

Chop got busy and hasn't been around in a while... he still stays in contact with a handful of the RTB Originals and last I heard he was doing well. Joe still checks in here on occasion, but if you blink, you'll miss him. Not sure on the other... there are many though that for one reason or another, have faded away... there's several that a few of us still stay in touch with (like Chop)... others, not so much. A few have passed away over the years too... but we had some really good people that drifted away over the last 10-15 years or so, and they are missed. I hope at some point a few may trickle back in and return home.
That's pretty much what happened with PsychoJoe. Howard's first wife passed away, he retired from his government job, picked up another (wife and job.)

Kirk, good grief. Its been a long time for sure. I don't have the time I used to to be here but I sure do appreciate all of the friendships made throughout the years. Its seems so long ago when we broke away with a bunch of renegades from TF and thanks to all that continue to sustain this place, especially Terry and Brandon.

You guys are like family to me. I have known you for over half my life. The support and friendships made here has always meant the world to me.

RIP my friend Bo, Damn, you would have loved this era of BAMA football

Kirk, good grief. Its been a long time for sure. I don't have the time I used to to be here but I sure do appreciate all of the friendships made throughout the years. Its seems so long ago when we broke away with a bunch of renegades from TF and thanks to all that continue to sustain this place, especially Terry and Brandon.
Think about that, Greg. I was involved with the launch of TF in 1995; on AOL. Were you around when the "great server crash of '99" happened? 75% of my "sources" come from the Bamafan email listserv from the early 90's that was so strictly moderated the only off topic subjects that were allowed were the squirrels eating cable lines on campus and BBQ.

"...when we broke away..."

So much like politics. IE: Hillary and "deplorables." To this day, to this minute, I still don't understand the idea of being so combatant to Bama fans who happen to have a different view. "You don't agree with me? Banned." Fuckin' ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom