| OT Has anyone been following the McElroy/"Shank" drama??

bamafan4ever

Staff
Greg is extremely smart, but the issue is he knows it and tries to put that into everything he does where he thinks he in fact knows better than everyone. Not shocking the mentality he has taken on after working his radio talk show with Taylor Zarzour. Another self-absorbed big mouth that simply thinks he's smarter than everyone else and in fact acts like he is.

Greg is extremely smart, but the issue is he knows it and tries to put that into everything he does where he thinks he in fact knows better than everyone.
You're partially correct. You have an issue with his communication style; his delivery. I'm sure you've met people who were openly overt yet you could see they were socially uncomfortable. Greg's been that way since before he stepped foot on campus.

You're partially correct. You have an issue with his communication style; his delivery. I'm sure you've met people who were openly overt yet you could see they were socially uncomfortable. Greg's been that way since before he stepped foot on campus.

I can always tell he's nervous by the way he twitches and I see his small ticks. See it with Mel Kiper Jr as well, though he does not hide his as much with as much as he nods and shakes during the Draft. you can also tell by the lack of voice depth, it's one volume or nothing. I like Greg, but he has shown he is willing to go above and beyond to make sure he isn't considered a homer, almost to a point of no return. Then of course he comes in after Saban retires and gushes over it all.

McElroy apologized and said he was out of order. Drama is over.

Ha, ok. Doesn't mean his apology was accepted. He gets ripped for not being loyal to his school, then he goes and puts down a guy that started and did a great job for his own school!!! Contradicting himself aye? Shank is outspoken and is usually spot on from what I see. A real old school mentality. Greg is more in the light being in broadcasting, so he has more laundry out there to go off of, but his ego has increased with his TV time, no doubt.

Alphonse was one of the laziest people on the team.. should have been able to do more with his size and strength but not everyone is wired the same and definately below Greg to call him out publicly even if he feels wrongly called out about his loyalty. He has grown above that.

Greg has to maintain some sort of unbiaseness to get to where he wanted to go. He called one of the playoff games this year, is on ESPN as analist, radio on Bham and has a successful podcast. It's worked for him to do that publicly but he is a homer still just plays the game for career growth.

Then why did AT called AL.com and tell them about the apology so they could update their story? First paragraph

Doesn't say he accepted it outside of saying it. How many times do any of us say things and not mean them? I've said sorry multiple times and not meant a word of it. Our rec department head being one of them. Did it to see if it would buy me any favor, it did not, and I told him to eff off again.

Doesn't say he accepted it outside of saying it. How many times do any of us say things and not mean them? I've said sorry multiple times and not meant a word of it. Our rec department head being one of them. Did it to see if it would buy me any favor, it did not, and I told him to eff off again.
A cynical view of a guy that's been around the program for years without a shred of evidence, much less a rumor, that he's cut that way.

A cynical view of a guy that's been around the program for years without a shred of evidence, much less a rumor, that he's cut that way.

Meh, in the end it means zero to me whether it was meant or not, buried or raised. Just petty to even get in these kind of dumbass skirmishes. You would think though for a guy that is as smart as McElroy that he would hold himself more accountable than that.

Shank isn’t wrong, Greg got his panties in a bunch and decided to talk shit then apologized.

As for Greg and his perceived “hate” of Bama- he has to remain unbiased to continue in the career he’s in….being a homer doesn’t get him where he is or wants to continue to go

Shank isn’t wrong, Greg got his panties in a bunch and decided to talk shit then apologized.

As for Greg and his perceived “hate” of Bama- he has to remain unbiased to continue in the career he’s in….being a homer doesn’t get him where he is or wants to continue to go

Herbstreit too, but he hasn't gone to the level McElroy has. Atleast that's my perceived thoughts. Rece Davis does the same thing and doesn't have the same things said about him.

Back
Top Bottom