| OT "AIR" ~ Amazon Prime (The story behind the Air Jordan.) Poignant in today's NIL era.

TerryP

Staff
It's my suspicion a lot of you guys look and see "Matt Damon and Ben Affleck" and it's met with a, "meh." Me too. Jason Bateman is in this: he rarely takes a bad script. This isn't one.

If you were alive in the mid '80's the first two minutes of the film will remind you of a lot; A LOT. It really encapsulates that era.

How it ranks among sports movies? It's in that genre because of Michael. Which makes the film ironic.

Jason Bateman has being doing TV since 1984. He was it a show called It's Your Move. Been seeing a lot on this movie, so you watch @TerryP? SO is it a good movie?
Earlier than that. In the late '70's, early '80's, he was living with the Ingalls family on TV: ya know, Little House on ... I've known who he is largely through Justine: thought she was hot when I was a kid.

Arrested Development put him on my map. More recently, the role of Marty Byrde ...

Good Movie? I've heard a lot of people brag about The Founder because of the look it gives into the McDonald's story. This movie gives the same, but it's a look at what we've marveled at for years: the shoe industry, sports, and money.

I find it funny seeing "I don't want to see this because of what it's about." But, the very subject of this movie changed a sport—no, make that sports in general—we all enjoy. Literally, changed it down to its very core.

Jason Bateman is in this: he rarely takes a bad script. This isn't one.

Apparently, you never saw Teen Wolf II. I watched Air the other night and really enjoyed it. I had a pair of the Nike Air Revolutions back in the 80's and it was like playing basketball in Combat boots. They had to weigh 5lbs each..lol

It was a funny flash back to the 80's and enjoyable to see some of the back in forth with who to endorse and conversations with agent and family.

Language was rough but probably realistic to what was going on.

Air was pretty good. But nobody had the imagination of what Air Jordan's would do to the shoe industry & certainly sports itself. I don't care who saw what in MJ, nobody had clue how big it would be.

Air Jordan's were part of the framework of growing up in the 80's & 90's. Like MTV at the time. Both not so much for kids anymore.

Last edited:
I thought an interesting little factoid they dropped was a compliment to Knight about starting to give free equipment to schools.

I wonder if Ray Perkins had any contact with Nike when he was AD ...

And that's not the story; it's merely the context of the story.

And, I'm willing to bet, when the NBA featured the athletes it did in 1984-85, you didn't have the same attitude as a basketball fan. Truly, a different sport 40 years ago.
I was a fan back in the 80s. Loved the Celtics under K. C. Jones. Back when Magic was the only crybaby in the league.

Ya know? ;) I didn't watch the first one with Fox.

I have no idea what kind of movie(s) Horrible Bosses was like. I doubt I'd like the script but box offices numbers tell me a lot did.

This Is Where I Leave You is a well written drama. Identify Thief? Meh. But again, popular.
Horrible Bosses was great.

I was a fan back in the 80s. Loved the Celtics under K. C. Jones. Back when Magic was the only crybaby in the league.
...still made Bird his bitch. 🙃

It's a bit ironic you mention Magic when we consider how much he revolutionized the game (a 4 playing point.) In the same light, this movie covers how Nike revolutionized the shoe industry.

Quite frankly, we wouldn't see the AAU BS we've seen over the last 10-15 years if the "shoe game" wasn't as big as it is.

...still made Bird his bitch. 🙃

It's a bit ironic you mention Magic when we consider how much he revolutionized the game (a 4 playing point.) In the same light, this movie covers how Nike revolutionized the shoe industry.

Quite frankly, we wouldn't see the AAU BS we've seen over the last 10-15 years if the "shoe game" wasn't as big as it is.
Another sport ruined. It'd the American way.

Watched some nba in 60s on sundays

Mostly had celtics on. And whoever Wilt played for

Those Russell- chamberlain matchups were great. And Hondo off bench.

Much better than the primos that play now.
Wouldn't watch with free tickets court side these days

And Bird-magic matchups were awesome

Saw jazz and hawks in atlanta. Saw the mailman who i also saw in a college game.
90s somewhere

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom