| FTBL Updates on Alabama players that are entering the transfer portal...

This is what I am having trouble understanding: No matter how much NIL money you have to throw around, everyone still has an 85 scholarship limit. So how is Texas and Georgia and Missouri and all these other schools able to snag every single player in the portal? Do they have that much attrition on their rosters? Are they kicking guys to the curb? At what point do they reach the limit and have to tell transfer portal kids no? Surely they have filled all their schollys by now.

This is what I am having trouble understanding: No matter how much NIL money you have to throw around, everyone still has an 85 scholarship limit. So how is Texas and Georgia and Missouri and all these other schools able to snag every single player in the portal? Do they have that much attrition on their rosters? Are they kicking guys to the curb? At what point do they reach the limit and have to tell transfer portal kids no? Surely they have filled all their schollys by now.
You gotta know they are cutting people it is just not making the headlines. I would do it if I could get a player with the talent of Downs and some of these other guys leaving. Have to do it carefully as a coach of coarse to not upset the team chemistry.

They've all had players leave (for various reasons) just like Bama... but they are in position where they can sit back and take the best players, which are the guys we mostly hear about. Ole Miss and Ohio State have completely reshaped their roster with the portal.. but it's pretty easy to weed guys out to clear room, and it happens everywhere to some degree.

Sounds like Day told Downs that OSU needs him. We don’t need anybody. Or that was CNS message. We’d love to still have him, but don’t need him. He’s not a necessity.
This is where the toughness is needed from CKD. Translated we would love for you to stay but we are going to win with you or without you.

Back
Top Bottom