| FTBL Updates on Alabama players that are entering the transfer portal...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
The next 24-72 hours, there will be quite a bit of roster news... And as always, for those who stress about such and read too deeply into it... take a deep breath.... it's going to be ok... The 2024 Alabama roster build starts on the plane ride back to Tuscaloosa.

Players who are in the transfer portal (updated regularly)
OL Seth McLaughlin (to Ohio State)
OL Terrence Ferguson
TE Miles Kitselman
WR Ja'Corey Brooks (to Louisville)
WR Malik Benson
WR Shazz Preston
RB Roydell Williams
QB Tyler Buchner (to Notre Dame Lacrosse)
QB Eli Holstein (to Pittsburgh)
DL Monkell Goodwin (South Carolina)
DL Anquin Barnes (to Colorado)
DL Isaiah Hastings
LB Kendrick Blackshire
LB Ian Jackson
S Kristian Story
S Jake Pope
DB Earl Little II (to Florida State)

The next 24-72 hours, there will be quite a bit of roster news... And as always, for those who stress about such and read too deeply into it... take a deep breath.... it's going to be ok... The 2024 Alabama roster build starts on the plane ride back to Tuscaloosa.
Any chance you and others can do a way too early post about underclassmen and incoming players we can expect to step up next year? Yeah I know transfers and early departures could cause things to change but it would still be fun to just analyze

Any chance you and others can do a way too early post about underclassmen and incoming players we can expect to step up next year? Yeah I know transfers and early departures could cause things to change but it would still be fun to just analyze

I'm sure one of us can do that... maybe we can do one before and after spring practice.

I don't see him on the roster in the fall... If so, it'll mean he told a LOT of teams "no".

I've said this on that previous thread about Simpson, he's not likely to leave unless he gets beat out in spring for the #2 spot. Right now he's firmly in control of starting after Milroe leaves and unless someone is obviously beating him out, why would the he leave early? I know the $$ can be tempting but he's got a father who is a coach and understands these things better than most. Money doesn't = development and he needs to develop more than take a quick payday from some school right now.

Is there a center in the portal? LMAO. I am gonna leave the guy alone, he didnt give up 75 yards on the last of that 4th Qtr

Nothing that I know of, but wouldn't be surprised to see him beat out by a younger player that's been recruited and already on the roster.

I've said this on that previous thread about Simpson, he's not likely to leave unless he gets beat out in spring for the #2 spot. Right now he's firmly in control of starting after Milroe leaves and unless someone is obviously beating him out, why would the he leave early? I know the $$ can be tempting but he's got a father who is a coach and understands these things better than most. Money doesn't = development and he needs to develop more than take a quick payday from some school right now.

A lot of variables in play with all this, but the staff really, really likes Lonergan. And they think they have something special in Sayin. It might look like the safe play for Simpson to stick around, but I'd argue that it's a gamble...

For those of you that don't know they have until Saturday January the 6th 2024 to make their official transfer portal request. If they do not enter their names into the portal by that time, they will need to be graduate transfers or transfer on the next portal opening after spring ball.

Couldn’t help but sadly chuckle when checking in on the Sugar Bowl last night as I watched Penix getting perfect snap after snap hitting his hands, perfectly placed.

I wattched a bunch of cf this year. Rarely did i see the snapseven mentioned...which means it wasnt an issue...

I seem to remember...after one....the other linemen were on his ass...and he wasnt taking it lightly...

But...mabe 4 months of practice and 13 games were quite enough time to get it right...sarcasm intended....
if it isnt fricking kickers...it's something else...damn

I thought he had switched to a dead snap towards the end of the season?
He did, but he still had issues after that. I think for a small stretch there after swapping we saw some signs of it being fixed but then it reared its head again in the Auburn, Georgia, and Michigan games again.

I think it has to be a mental thing, when the moment is big, Seth struggles to use the proper snapping technique or he's being lazy with his delivery entirely.

I've never seen a center with so many snap issues because they're usually the ones that get cut or forced out...snapping the ball is not that hard. Especially in shotgun. Now if it had been an issue of him blocking after snapping that's one thing, but just getting it to the QB shouldn't be a problem.

As the portal heats up for the Bama guys, my yearly reminder on the process...

There’s basically 3 types of situations involved in transfer decisions:

1. Players that want to transfer out / Players that Saban wants to transfer out.
  2. Players that want to transfer out / Players that Saban wants to stay.
  3. Players that want to stay / Players that Saban wants to transfer out.

1- This is obviously the easiest (and ends up being the most common) situation.

2- The muddy scenario that can’t really be avoided in today’s college football. Some are talked into staying, some ultimately leave. But in the past very few have left that Saban fought hard to keep.

3- The most complicated situation. Could be any number of reasons Saban would like to free up the player’s spot. He’s hardly ever going to force a player out that wants to stay though assuming that the player is in good standing with the program.

There are rare situations like Trey Sanders that don’t really fit any of those above. Loved by staff but had better opportunities elsewhere and it’s just best for both parties.

Nothing that I know of, but wouldn't be surprised to see him beat out by a younger player that's been recruited and already on the roster.
Clearly you haven't kept up with recruiting.

Simpson won't be starting when Milroe leaves.

Why?

Think about what I am Sayin.

Back
Top Bottom