| FTBL Updates on Alabama players that are entering the transfer portal...

My old HS coach used to refer to those kind as “ticket takers”! Snap of the ball, they would take the defenders ticket as he rushed to the backfield!
Sitting in film study on a Saturday morning after a loss and my HC is irate!!! He coached the OL as well and he had all but seen enough when he yells out, “John! What in the Hell are you doing? Look at yourself there!! Are you taking up tickets to the backfield? It sure as hell looks like it to me!!! Hell! Your guy is beating the damn ball back there on the snap! Kevin (that’s me) doesn’t even have time to get the damn laces in his hand right before he’s having to run for his damn life!”
He then proceeds to yell “Tickets! Tickets!!!” each time we ran an offensive play!!😂😂
Coach Gleaton had some of the best one-liners ever!
I remember him yelling at a CB who got destroyed by a pulling guard: “Damn boy! I didn’t think you would make it back to the field for the next play!”

Coach Gleaton had some of the best one-liners ever!
I remember him yelling at a CB who got destroyed by a pulling guard: “Damn boy! I didn’t think you would make it back to the field for the next play!”
Yep! Told me during a timeout of a scoreless game late in the 4th quarter my 10th grade year before I was set to attempt a 45 yard FG. “Boy, ain’t no pressure! You miss this kick and they are going to run toss sweep down their sideline and he’s going to go 80 and we will lose 6-0!” Needless to say, this 15 year old was scared shitless!!! Matthew Thomas was our holder and he told me not to worry, just listen to him. I kicked it and it faded right over the top of the right upright, no good! I played left DE and had to come out to put my cleat on after taking off the old square toe kicking shoe. They ran toss sweep right, our left , and the dude went 80 yards and we lost 6-0! I cried all the way home from Pleasant Grove!!
Coach is still dropping one liners and the occasional big buck. Check out his son Kerry’s Facebook page!!

Yep! Told me during a timeout of a scoreless game late in the 4th quarter my 10th grade year before I was set to attempt a 45 yard FG. “Boy, ain’t no pressure! You miss this kick and they are going to run toss sweep down their sideline and he’s going to go 80 and we will lose 6-0!” Needless to say, this 15 year old was scared shitless!!! Matthew Thomas was our holder and he told me not to worry, just listen to him. I kicked it and it faded right over the top of the right upright, no good! I played left DE and had to come out to put my cleat on after taking off the old square toe kicking shoe. They ran toss sweep right, our left , and the dude went 80 yards and we lost 6-0! I cried all the way home from Pleasant Grove!!
Coach is still dropping one liners and the occasional big buck. Check out his son Kerry’s Facebook page!!
First year as asst coach, we are getting gashed at left end. After about the 3rd time, the head coach grabs a non starter DE and screams, “get in there and get that idiot out”. The kid takes 3 steps onto the field turns around and says, “which one coach”? 😀

Rico Scott staying with Bama

Was one of 6 guys visiting this weekend from our 2024 class with their parents and all.

Other visitors:
Kevin Riley
Amari Jefferson
Steve Mboumoua
Jay Lindsey
Jackson Lloyd

These don't count against our recruiting except Jackson Lloyd because they've all signed their letters but I'm pretty sure this is part of the process to make sure they wanna stick it out with Bama.

Also was a trio of high profile BBall guys visiting this weekend.

while that may be the case, I also believe he played a role in this as well.
Sellers market.

At the end of the season meetings with the staff there were more than 30 players who asked about their NIL deal before anything else. Not how they can improve. Not where they were in the lineup. About the money.

We WILL see more big named coaches getting out of the profession soon.

Back
Top Bottom