| FTBL Updates on Alabama players that are entering the transfer portal...

Sellers market.

At the end of the season meetings with the staff there were more than 30 players who asked about their NIL deal before anything else. Not how they can improve. Not where they were in the lineup. About the money.

We WILL see more big named coaches getting out of the profession soon.
A friend of mine who’s close to the Clemson program says that it’s become obvious to him and others that Dabo no longer enjoys the game as he once did. That was one of his greatest strengths ie his passion for the game. He went onto say Dabo’s not a big spender so if he hangs it up he can live very well off and not work another day in his life.

A friend of mine who’s close to the Clemson program says that it’s become obvious to him and others that Dabo no longer enjoys the game as he once did. That was one of his greatest strengths ie his passion for the game. He went onto say Dabo’s not a big spender so if he hangs it up he can live very well off and not work another day in his life.

Heck, I hope. One year of his salary would be way more than enough for him to never have to worry about money again. Five years worth? Dude could go anywhere and never been seen again if he wanted.

This may have been in the article posted above but not sure, I did read where one of the coaches (new coaches?) Watts I believe was a major reason Downs went to OSU. Downs dad and Watts went to high school together in Columbus GA. This made a lot of sense how it played out the way it did.

All of you guys thinking Downs will regret it, sorry I just do not see it. This guy is a stud and he will be in Ohio just as he was in Alabama. Might he skills not have developed as much as they would have under CNS likely but his talent is there.

I have mentioned this in previous threads and this does not surprise me. Dabo is entering year 17 as the HC. Around year 15( +/-) we see coaches hit a wall. I think we see the cycle of the game changes and it is hard for coaches to adapt. The want to stick with what got them. there. Look at Mack Brown at Texas (15), Phatimus Phil at Tennessee (16), Bob Stoops (17). Heck in the past few years Saban caught heat for issues with defense among other things. While Saban was much older than the others listed......I think it has more to do with hitting a wall around the 15 year mark. I can see where Dabo is hitting that wall and couple that with NIL/Transfer portal. I can see where I would punch my lottery ticket winnings and live out my years on the farm or the beach or both.

Sellers market.

At the end of the season meetings with the staff there were more than 30 players who asked about their NIL deal before anything else. Not how they can improve. Not where they were in the lineup. About the money.

We WILL see more big named coaches getting out of the profession soon.
No doubt. It’s a different game now for coaches.

His Dad is much like Tua and Tualia's Dad. Pretty much makes the decisions for his kids. His dad was still pissed at Georgia for the way they handled his brother so he went to OSU. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised to see him regret his decisions later.

His loss. Let's move on. Focus on the kids thay actually want to be in Tuscaloosa.

This may have been in the article posted above but not sure, I did read where one of the coaches (new coaches?) Watts I believe was a major reason Downs went to OSU. Downs dad and Watts went to high school together in Columbus GA. This made a lot of sense how it played out the way it did.

All of you guys thinking Downs will regret it, sorry I just do not see it. This guy is a stud and he will be in Ohio just as he was in Alabama. Might he skills not have developed as much as they would have under CNS likely but his talent is there.

It's his legacy that he will regret. Turning on a program that gave him everything. He chose us over the two time defending Champion 30 minutes from his house. Then he jumped ship and rambles about how he learned about commitment at Alabama. That bullshit liar made enemies of omone of the most passionate fanbases and storied programs ever. He'll regret that bond and brotherhood.

It's his legacy that he will regret. Turning on a program that gave him everything. He chose us over the two time defending Champion 30 minutes from his house. Then he jumped ship and rambles about how he learned about commitment at Alabama. That bullshit liar made enemies of omone of the most passionate fanbases and storied programs ever. He'll regret that bond and brotherhood.
Well, we really don't know what went down. Either way. He's gone and now he's on a team that we very well could face. Beat em and move on

He might have been offered life changing money. I don't blame him.

Well, we really don't know what went down. Either way. He's gone and now he's on a team that we very well could face. Beat em and move on

It looks worse on the surface than it actually was. Most of what was put out there from his side was true. Saban leaving was the biggest issue. He signed to play for Saban. If Saban had retired 2 years ago, Downs wouldn’t have been at UA to begin with. OSU isn’t bashful about cherry picking players and paying them very well, but I’m told money is not the reason he left Tuscaloosa.

I would venture to guess that Dabo is is mentally worn out just like many other DI head coaches. The constant demands of speaking engagements, re-recruiting your own team every year, hiring and firing coaches, recruitment of high school and junior college players, deciding on who is going to keep their scholarship or lose it, who is transferring and who am I going to bring in, camps and of course winning. All of this has to play a huge roll for burnout over the course of several years. There is a reason many coaches do not stay in the business long and its not money!. Yes, these men are well paid for the most part. Another area that I am pretty sure is high is the toll coaching takes on the entire family. I have no statistics to back this up but I am sure the divorce rate is very high for college coaching.

It looks worse on the surface than it actually was. Most of what was put out there from his side was true. Saban leaving was the biggest issue. He signed to play for Saban. If Saban had retired 2 years ago, Downs wouldn’t have been at UA to begin with. OSU isn’t bashful about cherry picking players and paying them very well, but I’m told money is not the reason he left Tuscaloosa.
I can believe that. It makes sense. Saban was one of the best at coaching DBs. Saban retires, what's left for him at UA. I'm just tired of hearing about it. He may or may not regret leaving. I doubt it though.

Hard to just move on because these actions could affect us for years to come due to what is allowed and not being seen. Caleb Downs and Isiah Bond now, but who knows who it affects next year or year after. Luckily Justice Haynes is still here for now, otherwise it could be another.

Back
Top Bottom