| FTBL Updates on Alabama players that are entering the transfer portal...

Hard to just move on because these actions could affect us for years to come due to what is allowed and not being seen. Caleb Downs and Isiah Bond now, but who knows who it affects next year or year after. Luckily Justice Haynes is still here for now, otherwise it could be another.

I don't know about years to come. Next season and the next, yeah, Downs leaving will hurt our secondary. But not to the point where we are a second-tier team or anything like that. Let Ohio State and Texas throw their money around. All of this stuff will settle soon enough. It will have to be regulated in some fashion in the end. I'd much rather have 85 guys that want to be at UA and give as much effort as possible over a bunch of guys just looking for a better deal.

As it was said early, Downs wasn't necessarily looking for a better deal. He was committed to Coach Saban, not Alabama and that's why I can take em or leave em.

I don't know about years to come. Next season and the next, yeah, Downs leaving will hurt our secondary. But not to the point where we are a second-tier team or anything like that. Let Ohio State and Texas throw their money around. All of this stuff will settle soon enough. It will have to be regulated in some fashion in the end. I'd much rather have 85 guys that want to be at UA and give as much effort as possible over a bunch of guys just looking for a better deal.

As it was said early, Downs wasn't necessarily looking for a better deal. He was committed to Coach Saban, not Alabama and that's why I can take em or leave em.

You're not wrong in that thought. I feel the same way for the most part. I think the reason it affects us is due to tampering and such is what I was referring to more. The money, it's not going anywhere. The bigger thing that peeves me though about Downs is that he has the nerve to bring up Saban and what he taught him, but then he is not actually applying it. It makes zero sense and is a slap to Saban's face. In the end, I do not truly care one way or the other, but little things like that and turning your back on everyone that helped you get there gets me irritated. Curious to see what happens when Ohio State isn't in a spot to win a Natty this year.

You're not wrong in that thought. I feel the same way for the most part. I think the reason it affects us is due to tampering and such is what I was referring to more. The money, it's not going anywhere. The bigger thing that peeves me though about Downs is that he has the nerve to bring up Saban and what he taught him, but then he is not actually applying it. It makes zero sense and is a slap to Saban's face. In the end, I do not truly care one way or the other, but little things like that and turning your back on everyone that helped you get there gets me irritated. Curious to see what happens when Ohio State isn't in a spot to win a Natty this year.
Best way to migrate this: go after players in transfer portal.... Alabama will become the hunter going forward.
on Downs: Just wish him well.

I believe there is always one player who is better than the last one....

Yeah, it is what it is. Tampering or not. Being objective......I am sure Bama "tampers" too. That's just the nature of the world we live in now. We let the NIL idea out of Pandora's box and now we can't get her under control. If anyone didn't see this coming, they didn't look at the whole NIL idea objectively from the start.

I find it hilarious that Tennessee gets smacked in 2019 for essentially what's completely legal now. At least we aren't the Barn or the orange trash collectors.

Oh ok thanks! Didn’t realize they were already here. For some reason I was thinking spring.

The 1st wave is in.... they will go through spring practice. The next wave will transfer in after spring (some will transfer out too)... the transfer window for undergrads opens for 15 days, the Monday following A-Day.

Back
Top Bottom