| CURRENT EVENTS Trump Supporters Storm Capitol

That is a big problem. AWS controls a little less than 50% of the internet and has now determined they will censor at will.
You didn’t have any issues until it got a little closer. Just the fact that twatter still has the Chinese Com Party and others equally despicable but not as powerful should have outraged every American when they banned the first person for less than what the Iranian republic has posted on there....and to my knowledge has never been hindered.

You didn’t have any issues until it got a little closer.

Bullshit. There is a huge difference between Twitter and AWS. Twitter is one platform. Parler proved that you can just go make another one. But now the companies that control the ability to go make another are saying you can't do that either. Sure you could spin up a whole datacenter and build your own infrastructure, but I expect the AWS decision would also mean the DNS providers would start delisting you (as they have shown they will do in the past).

Bullshit. There is a huge difference between Twitter and AWS. Twitter is one platform. Parler proved that you can just go make another one. But now the companies that control the ability to go make another are saying you can't do that either. Sure you could spin up a whole datacenter and build your own infrastructure, but I expect the AWS decision would also mean the DNS providers would start delisting you (as they have shown they will do in the past).
Gab was de-platformed twice. They eventually moved offshore beyond the reach of domestic providers. Telegram is based out of Dubai because of the same treatment in the EU.

I having a lot of people I know leaving FB and twitter too. Joining up on other platforms! Have any of you join any of these? What do you like or dislike about them?

I’m on Parler and I love the freedom of it. You violate TOS if you threaten someone, You can report posts if you think they threaten you or someone. The one thing they don’t have, the ability to make chat groups. Groups are essential to organizing mobs and/or action. All of the crap Parler was accused of in the coordinated assault was mostly accomplished on (drum roll) FB!

I having a lot of people I know leaving FB and twitter too. Joining up on other platforms! Have any of you join any of these? What do you like or dislike about them?

Facebook is usually more personal than Twitter, so a replacement for it often depends on getting others to move over also. Twitter is more dependent on who you follow there and if there are alternatives on the other platform.

I have tried Diaspora, Mastodon, Minds, Gab, Parler, Friendica, and some others. The issue was always lack of family/friends who would come over also or just the lack of what I use the original for anyway. The sites themselves usually worked perfectly fine and some better than Facebook/Twitter, but lack of interest from others made it hard to stay. For example, Parler and Gab both were fine but they lacked much in the way of sports reporting which is most of what my Twitter is used for (I follow 52 users there, probably 12 of them are Bama related, another 20 sports related, and the rest a mix of humor and a few local to me things). Nobody on my Facebook wants to move anywhere else, I only have 40 friends anyway, so I just stay there.

If your folks are leaving to go to the same places then try them out. Most are way better than Facebook or Twitter at forcing ads in your face for sure.

Don’t try Parler right now. They go dark at midnight eastern I think. I’m moving over to some groups on Telegram. Parler will be back after a bit but I like the end to end encryption of Telegram.

Don’t try Parler right now. They go dark at midnight eastern I think. I’m moving over to some groups on Telegram. Parler will be back after a bit but I like the end to end encryption of Telegram.

I would not try Parler at all once it comes back up. It appears that they have had a massive breach and their data is out. Also, when you delete something they don't actually delete it, they just hide it. Everything is now out in the open that anyone ever posted. And it was all due to horrible InfoSec at Parler.

Gab was de-platformed twice. They eventually moved offshore beyond the reach of domestic providers. Telegram is based out of Dubai because of the same treatment in the EU.
I am on Gab. It's going to take a while to find my way there but I like the freedom and non censored content. I saw the police shoot the woman that died on gab. It was shocking and you can tell she died almost instantly.

I would not try Parler at all once it comes back up. It appears that they sing these have had a massive breach and their data is out. Also, when you delete something they don't actually delete it, they just hide it. Everything is now out in the open that anyone ever posted. And it was all due to horrible InfoSec at Parler.
Anyone would be an idiot to think that alphabet didn’t keep your info. The thing that really bothers me is government contracts with these same techno nazis.

No one should think that there is any security once you power on your computer and connect to the internet, much less hit "send", "submit" or "post reply". It never goes away.
Actually if you have any internet connected devices you really don’t have security. Your cable/satellite equipment for tv monitor the people and conversations in the room, your TV does the same. Your WiFi device operates much like a doppler radar that can be accessed and get room layout and people present/position.

It is one thing to realize that your info is out there within lots of companies. It is another to use that as a reason to ignore that one company was so horrible protecting it that it was this easy to get access to everything on everybody in the system. I may trust my neighbor all day with the keys to my house, but if I know they just leave them laying on their front porch with a note with my address and the hours I wont be home I would be stupid to do so. Parler has been breached so badly that ever using them in the future would be idiotic at this point. They seriously allowed people access to not only make tons of new accounts easily but also make them administrators over the entire network and giving them access to everything without approval from anyone who was already an admin or higher. They violated all 3 areas of the InfoSec CIA triad in one fell swoop.

It is one thing to realize that your info is out there within lots of companies. It is another to use that as a reason to ignore that one company was so horrible protecting it that it was this easy to get access to everything on everybody in the system. I may trust my neighbor all day with the keys to my house, but if I know they just leave them laying on their front porch with a note with my address and the hours I wont be home I would be stupid to do so. Parler has been breached so badly that ever using them in the future would be idiotic at this point. They seriously allowed people access to not only make tons of new accounts easily but also make them administrators over the entire network and giving them access to everything without approval from anyone who was already an admin or higher. They violated all 3 areas of the InfoSec CIA triad in one fell swoop.
Where did you get the info about a breach? Since everything was a coordinated attack on Parler why would it be a stretch to say that Amazon didn’t do it? Deep State? You’re a bit naive in looking at this.

Where did you get the info about a breach? Since everything was a coordinated attack on Parler why would it be a stretch to say that Amazon didn’t do it? Deep State? You’re a bit naive in looking at this.

And you are a little too QAnon Conspiracy about everything. All the info started showing up last night but Parler had been opened up previously. I verified the info myself (currently working on my Masters in the InfoSec field so I know a little). Twilio cut off their verification and they had no plan for it. Generally companies refuse to verify if the service is down, they just accepted anything as verification. They had a horrible security posture that allowed the API that displayed info to users to be accessed on hte back end which then opened up which users had admin access (and their logins). Since the verification was down they were able to easily reset admin user passwords. From that point they were able to create tons of admin users and found that Parler was flat lying about privacy because everything was kept from day one, even if a user deleted it that just meant it was marked as deleted but kept in the database as is. That includes any metadata like Geolocation data and other data that could be used to find the users in question. Also, anyone who uploaded their ID to be on the fully verified list now has their ID pictures out on the internet, front and back.

You really think that everything happening to Parler was coincidental or coordinated? I don’t doubt your credentials but for you to toss out everything as conspiracy theory is very narrow thinking. The government is guilty of many things that have been labeled as such.

PS: Regardless of views we are crimson brothers and I’m dropping this for the day. We need nothing but positive energy today because just a win isn’t as satisfying as embarrassing the b1g for their shenanigans. Please feel free to post if necessay. Roll Tide brother.

Last edited:
Supposedly 🍎 is about to ban encrypted messaging apps. Read where a couple of firearms sites were de-platformed also. Digital book burnings. I’m waiting for someone to tell me why I don’t need an encrypted messaging app.

Back
Top Bottom