| CURRENT EVENTS Trump Supporters Storm Capitol

What are the people to do? There is no redress from corrupt government. A house cleaning is long over due.

I don't have the answers to that, and I've wondered about it myself. I don't like how the election was handled. I don't think there should be any room for fraud to occur. How do we get there? I'm not totally sure. I do know that storming the Capitol and fighting with police is a detriment to that very movement. It hurts the republican party (what's left of it), not to mention, it's just wrong. Those folks didn't accomplish a damn thing today except get 1 woman shot in the neck and give up all the moral high ground that conservatives held on "law and order" over BLM and antifa.

And before anyone gets confused on where I stand, I will never vote for anyone with a (D) beside their name after the last 4 years. But, what I saw today, and a lot of the stuff that comes from the Q crowd, is really disturbing and disappointing.

I don't have the answers to that, and I've wondered about it myself. I don't like how the election was handled. I don't think there should be any room for fraud to occur. How do we get there? I'm not totally sure. I do know that storming the Capitol and fighting with police is a detriment to that very movement. It hurts the republican party (what's left of it), not to mention, it's just wrong. Those folks didn't accomplish a damn thing today except get 1 woman shot in the neck and give up all the moral high ground that conservatives held on "law and order" over BLM and antifa.

And before anyone gets confused on where I stand, I will never vote for anyone with a (D) beside their name after the last 4 years. But, what I saw today, and a lot of the stuff that comes from the Q crowd, is really disturbing and disappointing.
I hear what you’re saying there, but IMO most folks are past the moral high ground because it’s getting their ass kicked by someone who has no morals at all, comes a time you have to pop that bully tween the eyes or rattles their nads around their ears because it’s the only way they’ll ever hear you or ever consider that you may not need to be one they mess with....it is the only language they understand.

I hear what you’re saying there, but IMO most folks are past the moral high ground because it’s getting their ass kicked by someone who has no morals at all, comes a time you have to pop that bully tween the eyes or rattles their nads around their ears because it’s the only way they’ll ever hear you or ever consider that you may not need to be one they mess with....it is the only language they understand.

This isn't the bully that stole some lunch money. Who got popped today? Maybe I'm missing something, but what exactly was accomplished today? That line of thinking is the exact type of language BLM used this summer to try and justify their riots. Today just looked like a bunch of folks following the lead of Trump and throwing a temper tantrum. Maybe some of these folks, Trump included, should have put more of an effort into saving the Senate in GA instead of having a Q conspiracy driven pity parade ever since election day.

I could almost find some understanding if something like this was done because of the economy shutdown, though I'd still disagree with it if it manifested in the same manner. But for this to happen over Trump losing an election that he can't even begin to prove he lost illegally? Nah.

Trump needs to go ahead and resign, get Pence to grant him a pardon for anything he may or may not have done in the last 4 years, and go golf for the rest of his life. Otherwise we will wind up with years of investigations into whatever anyone even thinks they can say he did and other crap that will damage this country worse. He's already got to leave office in a few weeks and will never get close to office again. Be done with it.

This isn't the bully that stole some lunch money. Who got popped today? Maybe I'm missing something, but what exactly was accomplished today? That line of thinking is the exact type of language BLM used this summer to try and justify their riots. Today just looked like a bunch of folks following the lead of Trump and throwing a temper tantrum. Maybe some of these folks, Trump included, should have put more of an effort into saving the Senate in GA instead of having a Q conspiracy driven pity parade ever since election day.

I could almost find some understanding if something like this was done because of the economy shutdown, though I'd still disagree with it if it manifested in the same manner. But for this to happen over Trump losing an election that he can't even begin to prove he lost illegally? Nah.
I don’t have the answers either nor giving you my line of thinking, giving you an opinion on what I believe those folks mindsets are, right, wrong or indifferent, they believe they got screwed over on something just like the antifa/BLM groups believe and are responding likewise...,fire with fire as they say. Neither side is right, but the lack of law and order during the first riots and protest have kind of handcuffed the use of force today.

I don’t have the answers either nor giving you my line of thinking, giving you an opinion on what I believe those folks mindsets are, right, wrong or indifferent, they believe they got screwed over on something just like the antifa/BLM groups believe and are responding likewise...,fire with fire as they say. Neither side is right, but the lack of law and order during the first riots and protest have kind of handcuffed the use of force today.

Absolutely agree that both sides are to blame. The lack of leadership at the top on both sides led to this... Biden & Co. sitting on their hands while cities burned and not saying a word until they realized it was harming them in the polls... and Trump for acting like a spoiled brat and whipping his sheep into an emotional frenzy simply because he's too proud to admit defeat. And yeah, I'm seeing today a few friends and some folks I respect that seem to be totally ok with today's events for the reasons you listed. I'm not though. I just can't justify it.

Trump needs to go ahead and resign, get Pence to grant him a pardon for anything he may or may not have done in the last 4 years, and go golf for the rest of his life. Otherwise we will wind up with years of investigations into whatever anyone even thinks they can say he did and other crap that will damage this country worse. He's already got to leave office in a few weeks and will never get close to office again. Be done with it.

And take his family with him. I supported him, and he did some good things which I appreciate (the biggest of which was judge appointments). But his time is done and he's just embarrassing himself and tarnishing any legacy he had at this point, IMO.

Absolutely agree that both sides are to blame. The lack of leadership at the top on both sides led to this... Biden & Co. sitting on their hands while cities burned and not saying a word until they realized it was harming them in the polls... and Trump for acting like a spoiled brat and whipping his sheep into an emotional frenzy simply because he's too proud to admit defeat. And yeah, I'm seeing today a few friends and some folks I respect that seem to be totally ok with today's events for the reasons you listed. I'm not though. I just can't justify it.

This is precisely what they've done. They've whipped their constituents into a frenzy.

The majority of us are sheep.

POTUS Trump needs to move on. He's his own worst enemy. Still can't believe he lost to Biden.

It's terrorism.

Funny thing, a buddy of mines brother was in DC and is super conservative. Drove from Texas to DC just for this. He told his brother, don't believe the news, this was antifa.

And now this...

I have a friend he from Fla. He said, he was going to support the president. He a retirement Vet and is Puerto Rico.

This video is from the Right Side Broadcasting Network, started a few years ago by some guys from Auburn.
Watch it all if you want to, but at the 45 minute mark, who do the guys fighting with (who I believe are police)
in the opening on the right. They are dressed in black with black helmets. Do they look like antifa to y'all?

This second video is from the antifa, blm riots in Portland, July, 2020.
In this short video, you will see a good many antifa rioters also dressed in
black clothing and black helmets. I don't know if this
is true or not, but there have been reports that at least one bus load of
antifa were seen unloading in DC. this morning.

Been reading everything that I can find on it and it’s looking like a peaceful protest by Trump supporters was infiltrated by antifa. It was planned.

Outside agitators, huh? I didn't see antifa breaking windows, climbing through them and lounging at Pelosi's desk. There is no spin that will insulate those who entered the Capitol illegally. As has been covered extensively, people will believe what they choose, even in the face of facts, if it suits their preconceived notions. Perhaps there were antifa mixed in, but that certainly can't explain it all away. Trump simply wants the attention and he will lead (more accurately, direct) anyone who supports him straight to ruin. It doesn't matter if it's those in his administration, or the anonymous regular joe who falsely believed he would be their savior.

He's been an amoral, hyper-narcissistic piece of shit for decades. I don't know why anyone thought a one-term by him would end any differently than with temper tantrums, childish bluffs and denials.

When my buddy told me, we both laughed. His brother has been neck deep in Fox News since POTUS Obama. I don't think I'd call his brother an extremist, but a normal person doesn't drive to DC for this IMHO.

This falls into the nothing good happens after midnight bucket to me.

Ditto.... It's time for both sides to stop playing the blame game and fix the shit that's caused this massive nationwide dumpster fire.

I don't think I'd call his brother an extremist, but a normal person doesn't drive to DC for this IMHO.

My wife's uncle flew from California to be there. Now nobody could get in touch with him as of about 10 hours ago and my MIL was in a panic last night. In his 70's and not in great health, I am surprised he did it.

Outside agitators, huh?

It's the same argument I heard from those on the left who said police in plain clothes agitated the violence then let those they riled up do the damage. In other words, those who got violent are idiotic sheep led by pretenders. I don't buy it from one side and I don't buy it from the other.

Back
Top Bottom