| CURRENT EVENTS Trump Supporters Storm Capitol

I mentioned to folks that rioters are rioters and they should all be charged for it. I got the whole "this is different because they attacked a government building". Then I brought up all of the times during the height of the BLM stuff that government buildings were attacked. Well that is different, they were angry for a real reason and not trying to overthrow the government. No sense in arguing with these people. LIberal and Minority anger = justified. All other anger = Nazis.

There have been other political leaders who incited others who are not being held accountable. I'm sure these same people are holding POTUS Trump to a standard they don't hold themselves or their peers to.

I mentioned to folks that rioters are rioters and they should all be charged for it. I got the whole "this is different because they attacked a government building". Then I brought up all of the times during the height of the BLM stuff that government buildings were attacked. Well that is different, they were angry for a real reason and not trying to overthrow the government. No sense in arguing with these people. LIberal and Minority anger = justified. All other anger = Nazis.

Eye test wise there isn’t a comparison. The past year and ongoing left rioters were hell bent on destruction and terror. Destroying livelihoods and life were and are the only goals as evidenced by the attacks on their enablers of recent.
The tactics of the capitol foray seemingly directed at the seat of power of US government are what would be a classic attempt to over throw government. I said seemingly because it doesn’t seem to have the intensity of response expected from a government that reserves the use of violence jealously unto itself.

Biden moving at laser speed to root opposition, including libertarians. Re education of non democrats sounds eerily familiar to what the CCP has done to their muslims.

There is nothing funny to me. USA means freedom and any government taking your freedom of speech, or right to bear arms. It says shall not be infringed. Look that up.I don't understand how our government can take away the pipeline. Private companies are building it. They giving health care to non citizens while we pay more. I am missing the tweet monster already

The occupation of the Capitol is going to be used by both fringes. Liberal media will spin it up, but it's still unprecedented. I'm hopeful they identify everyone involved in injuring the officers, and the fire extinguisher throwing coward in particular. Rule of Law, right?
Friday afternoon I was with a friend at his doctors during one of his PT sessions. There was a retired, 2-Star General in the waiting room we'd talked with at least a dozen times over the last three or more years. (Really good guy whose career has beaten the hell out of his body.)

He posed a question to Dennis and me that ran something like this:

"We see the people being arrested for what happened at the Capital. We see the people rioting, burning down government buildings and the like in Seattle, Portland, and several other places around the states. What's the difference?"

I didn't take it as a "bait" question, but I knew there was a point he was driving at when he started on this subject.

His response?

"The ones at the Capital? They were carrying the flag of the United States. The others? They were burning the flag."

You can gin up the "it's never been this bad before", but you're caught up in the moment.
I'd agree only because it's so early in his regime. Based on what we've seen in just a few days it's reasonable to think it has all the chances to be one of the worst presidential eras.

One other thing:

When I've heard people talk about the EO eliminating "discriminations" that apply to transgender (as one example) and they say "it's never been this bad before" I have no argument. I'm strictly talking athletics here, Tim. An administration proclaiming by executive order a transgender male can compete in women's athletics (and all that goes with that?) Yes, it's unprecedented.

Friday afternoon I was with a friend at his doctors during one of his PT sessions. There was a retired, 2-Star General in the waiting room we'd talked with at least a dozen times over the last three or more years. (Really good guy whose career has beaten the hell out of his body.)

He posed a question to Dennis and me that ran something like this:

"We see the people being arrested for what happened at the Capital. We see the people rioting, burning down government buildings and the like in Seattle, Portland, and several other places around the states. What's the difference?"

I didn't take it as a "bait" question, but I knew there was a point he was driving at when he started on this subject.

His response?

"The ones at the Capital? They were carrying the flag of the United States. The others? They were burning the flag."

I'd agree only because it's so early in his regime. Based on what we've seen in just a few days it's reasonable to think it has all the chances to be one of the worst presidential eras.
Does anyone remember Obama’s purge of senior military officers during his tenure? That was unprecedented. When next you see him ask if he retired during the Obama years. Senior officers that were not in line with the administration’s views were retired.

Does anyone remember Obama’s purge of senior military officers during his tenure? That was unprecedented. When next you see him ask if he retired during the Obama years. Senior officers that were not in line with the administration’s views were retired.
If it comes up I'll do so. This was the second time the subject of anything military related has been brought up in conversation.

Back
Top Bottom