| CURRENT EVENTS One thing I like about Trump is his ability to turn people on their heads with a single comment. Just freaks them out.

TerryP

Staff
One of the most admirable traits, in my world, is sarcasm. Especially when it's disguised. In today's "Internet world," I have a lot of respect for a troll.

His comment on Hannity (didn't see it) about being a dictator on day one, for one day? People are melting down.

Why don't people see this for what it was? A massive troll. And it worked.

A definition of Trump's massive troll. " Controlled Folly "
I don't think I'd be good on the political stage. I would likely turn the House into something like the House of Commons. Ya gotta call BS, BS.

BUT. I saw this troll from the onset. Do they not see what he's doing? OR, is it more of a reflection thing...they see what he's done and realize, "I just got trolled." That's what ticks me off.

I watched the town hall meeting on Hannity last night. In reference to him being a dictator, it was in reference that he would be one on day one of his return to office because he will close the borders and drill for oil. If Joey B or Kamla had said it, the press would never have said anything. I am not a Trump fan and do not consider myself a Democrat or Republican. Hoping Joe Manchin from W.V. runs.

Last edited:
I watched the town hall meeting on Hannity last night. In reference to him being a dictator, it was in reference that he would be one on day one of his return to office because he will close the borders and drill for oil. If Joey B or Kamla the said it, the press would never have said anything.
You know that’s bs. The press has been on Biden’s ass….i.e Jake Tapper

I don't think I'd be good on the political stage. I would likely turn the House into something like the House of Commons. Ya gotta call BS, BS.

BUT. I saw this troll from the onset. Do they not see what he's doing? OR, is it more of a reflection thing...they see what he's done and realize, "I just got trolled." That's what ticks me off.
The dim wits in Congress are doing what they always do, whether they know he's trolling or not.
They usually always take every thing he says as literal, even if some know he is trolling. I do believe his
statement about closing the border, ( enforcing the immigration laws ) and drilling for oil and natural gas.
These two things may not get done on his first day, but very soon after.

Last edited:
The dim wits in Congress are doing what they always do, whether they know he's trolling or not.
They usually always take every thing he says as literal, even if some know he is trolling. I do believe his
statement about closing the border, ( enforcing the immigration laws ) and drilling for oil and natural gas.
These two things may not get done on his first day, but very soon after.
I believe the border closing may very well happen on his first day or shortly thereafter, but not the drilling, he had 4 years to do that and didn’t do more of it at any point during his 4 years

I believe the border closing may very well happen on his first day or shortly thereafter, but not the drilling, he had 4 years to do that and didn’t do more of it at any point during his 4 years
Oil production isn't an annual beauty contest.

The president doesn't control the drilling, just the availability of Federal land for exploration and production. The amount of drilling and production is driven by the price of oil, along with technological advances to revisit slower performing conventional fields. Revisiting old Texas fields has more than offset production declines in Alaska and California, and higher oil prices under Biden continue to drive production. Further, there is a long lead between opening areas for exploration before you get to permitting and production. Trump opened up significant areas (onshore and offshore), and although permitting rose significantly under Trump, the Biden administration approved more permits on Federal lands in its first year than annual approvals under Trump, before they declined dramatically in Biden's second year.

Here are a few figures that include the year for before Trump through 2022. You'll see oil production has been steady through latter Trump and Biden administrations, and the Texas push should have 2023 production above 2019 numbers. Permitting numbers show the lag between policies and permitting.

Domestic Oil Production
2016 - 8.8 million barrels per day
2017 - 9.4 million
2018 - 11.0 million
2019 - 12.3 million
2020 - 11.3 million
2021 - 11.3 million
2022 - 11.9 million

Annual Permits on Federal Lands
2016 - 2,184
2017 - 2,486
2018 - 3,388
2019 - 3,181
2020 - 4,226
2021 - 4,914
2022 - 2,852

The dim wits in Congress THE COUNTRY are doing what they always do, whether they know he's trolling or not.
I really don't understand how people don't get him. After watching for years they are still upset.

In a way I'm reminded of Franks. He wasn't well liked but you knew what you were getting when he started speaking.

Oil production isn't an annual beauty contest.

The president doesn't control the drilling, just the availability of Federal land for exploration and production. The amount of drilling and production is driven by the price of oil, along with technological advances to revisit slower performing conventional fields. Revisiting old Texas fields has more than offset production declines in Alaska and California, and higher oil prices under Biden continue to drive production. Further, there is a long lead between opening areas for exploration before you get to permitting and production. Trump opened up significant areas (onshore and offshore), and although permitting rose significantly under Trump, the Biden administration approved more permits on Federal lands in its first year than annual approvals under Trump, before they declined dramatically in Biden's second year.

Here are a few figures that include the year for before Trump through 2022. You'll see oil production has been steady through latter Trump and Biden administrations, and the Texas push should have 2023 production above 2019 numbers. Permitting numbers show the lag between policies and permitting.

Domestic Oil Production
2016 - 8.8 million barrels per day
2017 - 9.4 million
2018 - 11.0 million
2019 - 12.3 million
2020 - 11.3 million
2021 - 11.3 million
2022 - 11.9 million

Annual Permits on Federal Lands
2016 - 2,184
2017 - 2,486
2018 - 3,388
2019 - 3,181
2020 - 4,226
2021 - 4,914
2022 - 2,852
Right. I know that it’s not a yearly beauty contest or anything, I also know the president doesn’t control drilling at all.

Thanks for the numbers.

Don’t really need more permits on federal land if the ones there are they’re not being used now

I really don't understand how people don't get him. After watching for years they are still upset.

In a way I'm reminded of Franks. He wasn't well liked but you knew what you were getting when he started speaking.

Trump? Yeah, it could be because of preconceived notions brought on by the media, who are in my opinion , fueled by Dems, Rhinos, elites and deep state players, in and out of government. He has been branded by them, to make everything he says and does look like the end of the world.

Trump is also very brash, usually telling it like it really is, with no filter. Go figure.

Barney Franks? I don't know much about him, although again it could be preconceived notions or bias about his sexuality, I don't think he was ever in the closet. Also, to me, he always seemed to be brash in what ever he was speaking of. Very direct.

Barney Franks? I don't know much about him, although again it could be preconceived notions or bias about his sexuality, I don't think he was ever in the closet. Also, to me, he always seemed to be brash in what ever he was speaking of. Very direct.
My point, precisely. While I didn't agree with everything he said, I knew what he was saying and expected the delivery to be just that: Barney. His comment about "talking to a mattress leaning up against the wall" (sic) was one of the funniest things I've heard from a congressional member.

People viewed him through his style and through his sexual preference. His "style" didn't bother me in the least. I don't give a damn about what he does in his bedroom.

Right. I know that it’s not a yearly beauty contest or anything, I also know the president doesn’t control drilling at all.

Thanks for the numbers.

Don’t really need more permits on federal land if the ones there are they’re not being used now
You're welcome for the numbers.

The president controls policies that promote interest in leases, increase the likelihood of lease approvals, which then leads to drilling. The Trump administration facilitated this, counter to what you said initially. The Biden administration has dialed it back, and it's now showing in the permit approvals.

There will always be a small fraction of leases taken vs. what is offered. Offered areas include vast swaths, much of which is not shown to have ample proven reserves to support production.

Trump? Yeah, it could be because of preconceived notions brought on by the media, who are in my opinion , fueled by Dems, Rhinos, elites and deep state players, in and out of government. He has been branded by them, to make everything he says and does look like the end of the world.

Trump is also very brash, usually telling it like it really is, with no filter. Go figure.

Frank's demeanor is direct. He is not honest.

You're welcome for the numbers.

The president controls policies that promote interest in leases, increase the likelihood of lease approvals, which then leads to drilling. The Trump administration facilitated this, counter to what you said initially. The Biden administration has dialed it back, and it's now showing in the permit approvals.

There will always be a small fraction of leases taken vs. what is offered. Offered areas include vast swaths, much of which is not shown to have ample proven reserves to support production.
I’ll admit I don’t know much oil and gas I was/do get my info from a conservative oil guy that is considered an “expert”

Back
Top Bottom