| FTBL The Good, The Bad, The Ugly and The Really Ugly vs. UM?

Good: gonna miss our field goal kicker. This team came a lot further than many thought they would

Bad: We had no answer for their defensive stunts. Should have had more Milroe runs in the first half

Ugly: Defense, the last two times Michigan had the ball. Freaking bad snaps by our center
Ditto, with one addition —- HORRIBLE play calling!

Last edited:
Early season Alabama here.

I can handle a missed 4th down play there, but that was bullcrap. A terrible called game there. Defense played well until that last freaking drive and we played soft as toilet paper. Pisses me off Rees failed in this one. McGlaughlen hurt us badly. Rough way to end the season. Reichard, Burnip, and McClellan played well, but everyone else played very meh.

Good - The backs, McClellan, Haynes, Miller all made positive plays to keep us in it.

Bad- The O-line failed to protect the QB...a lot.

Ugly - McLaughlin's snaps. I hoped a full season would fix those issues but nope. It was a problem throughout. Absolutely ruined a promising drive coming out after halftime.

It was a good game, had a chance to win it but Bama just didn't have it when it counted the most. The Bama D-line showed up for most of the second half but folded at the end and in OT. Michigan is legit so hat's off to them; they are really strong in trenches, they imposed their will. They were flying around out there too.

Roll Tide y'all, next year could see Bama right back in it.

Good - I won’t have to watch this team play anymore this season. It was far tougher on this old fan than the 2010 season was. This team never had everything clicking during the same game and they never had the killer instinct to put teams away.

Bad - Piss poor coaching from the top down. Poor passing game. And the lack of alphas continue to haunt Bama’s defenses.

Ugly - Pass coverage, center snaps, o-line play and the entire defense on last drive in regulation and in OT. Speaking of o-line play … what has happened to Bama’s once dominate lines? Maybe Saban needs to stop recruiting 5 star linemen who aren’t very bright or hungry or nasty and go back to recruiting blue collar players that can be developed.. Recruit one 5 Star at left tackle but that’s it.

Good- Back end of the defense played really well against the pass. Justice Haynes ran well... he's a future boss. McClellan had some nice moments. Reichard did Reichard things.

Bad- OL had way too many issues, but some credit goes to UM for that... they had a really good plan. Obviously the snaps were a major issue, but like was mentioned on the broadcast, some of that was on Milroe. As for Milroe, he played his C game... but he didn't get a lot of help from his OL or his play caller at times, and that made him look worse than he actually was. Lawson struggled some, you could tell he was still slowed by his earlier injury.

Ugly- I thought in spurts, Rees would get in a groove... then other times, he'd call some duds. Obviously, that last play in OT was bad... I thought going into it, it may be a jump pass type play... but what they went with was not ideal in that situation. And getting blown up on his opening script wasn't an ideal situation. (side note: I think the UM playcalling was terrible at times too and really helped the Bama defense) Not sure I'd label this ugly, as much as unlucky... but other than the loose ball on the put off Kite's foot, it seemed every loose ball or tipped pass or close play near the boundary went UM's way. Those plays added up.

Good- Back end of the defense played really well. Justice Haynes ran well... he's a future boss. McClellan had some nice moments. Reichard did Reichard things.

Bad- OL had way too many issues, but some credit goes to UM for that... they had a really good plan. Obviously the snaps were a major issue, but like was mentioned on the broadcast, some of that was on Milroe. As for Milroe, he played his C game... but he didn't get a lot of help from his OL or his play caller at times, and that made him look worse than he actually was. Lawson struggled some, you could tell he was still slowed by his earlier injury.

Ugly- I thought in spurts, Rees would get in a groove... then other times, he'd call some duds. Obviously, that last play in OT was bad... I thought going into it, it may be a jump pass type play... but what they went with was not ideal in that situation. And getting blown up on his opening script wasn't an ideal situation. (side note: I think the UM playcalling was terrible at times too and really helped the Bama defense) Not sure I'd label this ugly, as much as unlucky... but other than the loose ball on the put off Kite's foot, it seemed every loose ball or tipped pass or close play near the boundary went UM's way. Those plays added up.

I was hoping a Bryce to Metchie overtime play at Auburn was the playcall, but with Bond. Zero idea why we ran the ball as the quick passes were there ALL day long. I can handle the entire game and the fact we were winning with less than two minutes to play. The part that will piss me off for a while was that play calling in Overtime and specifically that fourth down call. The second down call was terrible as well.

Can we stop the Rees experiment, please?

I dropped way too many F-bombs in the first half while witnessing his bone-headed play calling.

Rees is making it tough to be a Christian.
Actually, I put almost this entire game on Rees, and with that in mind:
Good - the defense, our horrendous offense put our defense under a lot of pressure
Bad - O-line flubs
Ugly - Rees and the offensive game plan. It was very obvious, very early that they were going to sell out to pressure Jaylen... and it worked because he got spooked and paniced early and often. So what does Rees do? Nothing. How about some roll-outs, how about some option plays, how about some quick hitches to get him in a rhythm... How about ANYTHING to knock their pressure off balance?????? And that last play, are you kidding me???? Jaylen had a bad game and the UM defense forced him into panic mode and our OC did NOTHING to help him.

I also think the no-call on the running into our kicker in the first half was a significant factor.

Good- This team was an SEC champion and came a loooooong way from where they were at the beginning of the year.
Bad- Played their C game against UM and still should have won the game but just to many lapses and mistakes.
Ugly- Bama let an average coach and team beat them.
Really Ugly- Reverted back to some of the same old crap we have seen throughout the year.

Absolutely maddening - How can this team play so poorly and also so so well all within the same game? First half was horrible with the exception of a few plays. 2nd half looked like a different team until it mattered in the last 4 minutes of the game and OT. Milroe has stretches of times that make Bill O'Brian correct.

Back
Top Bottom