| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. TameCats

What you are calling ignorance is a question. What did he see?

That's the point, Casey. We don't know what he was seeing. We're are not catching that punt.

There is not a way to judge what was going on there. We have not seen the video other than the game, live action.

It's a feeling. My gut instinct. Did he read something? Yes. How else do you explain the distraction.

Quit this "arm chair QB shit." We don't know. Let's wait 'til some film comes out.
I'll be honest, and I do respect almost everything you say here Terry, but he has a point.

I don't care if he saw his naked grandmother streaking across the field behind the punter. His decision making has been suspect all year, I think he's scared to muff it and has 0 confidence in himself lately.

He's a grown man now, an elite athlete he should be able to stand back there and catch the ball without fear. If he can't catch the ball, or he's afraid of the hit, he shouldn't be back there plain and simple.

That being said, I worry that the reason he's staying in is because everyone behind him is worse, and that's troubling. Not sure we've ever had so many issues on the Punt Return side of things. Definitely on the punting/special teams side though.

I know I’m probably in the minority but I still say we’re going to miss CBS … even if you hate Nessler and Danielson. Personally, I’ve never had a problem with their guys in the booth calling the games. Because they’re not spread thin covering 8 million other games, the games they cover look so much more professional. I’m definitely going to miss CBS.

Huge CBS guy here. I'm gonna miss both guys big time.

Huge CBS guy here. I'm gonna miss both guys big time.
Can't believe we agree on something :).

That being said, I worry that the reason he's staying in is because everyone behind him is worse, and that's troubling.
This is hard for me to believe. I believe they could take Law and put him in there and he would do well. Same with Bonds. I really think this is a scenario where Kool-aid is doing fine in practice and he has shown he can be an elite returner last year. CNS is just trying to show him confidence with the expectation the switch is going to flip back on and then punt return will turn back into an advantage for us.

Good- the play of the OL, those guys keep improving each game.

Bad- still thinks there needs to be a change with our punt returner. Yes, he had one good return yesterday but not for the season.

Ugly- how do you not review the fumble at the goal line? Yes, the game was won but that non review could cost us in a big game.

Did anyone yell at the tv like I did when Trezmen Marshall took a bad angle of pursuit to the UK QB with inside pressure closing in from our DL????????? This is what I've noticed from our best defenses under Saban: our D personnel always pursue ball carriers with awareness of where other pursuit is coming from, leaving ball carriers with no where to escape. Again, I'm nitpicking here, but I've learned it from Saban. 😜

Did anyone yell at the tv like I did when Trezmen Marshall took a bad angle of pursuit to the UK QB with inside pressure closing in from our DL????????? This is what I've noticed from our best defenses under Saban: our D personnel always pursue ball carriers with awareness of where other pursuit is coming from, leaving ball carriers with no where to escape. Again, I'm nitpicking here, but I've learned it from Saban. 😜

I can't for the life of me understand why he is still starting. I'd put Blackshire in there and let him learn on the spot over a grad transfer that hasn't really done anything for us.

Everything I see is a step or two late and he's
The bad angle 17 took on the potential sack Vs Ky jelly cats is telling. Basic premise of defense is to funnel ball to inside. He did not keep leverage to outside and the QB escaped to the outside. The right defensive call was made and he failed to execute, allowing a completion for first down.

Back
Top Bottom