| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. LSwho

That’s why I don’t get on here during the games! I’ve been a member on here for almost 16 years I believe and @TerryP and @Brandon Van de Graaff can attest to that fact!!
I read game day threads...the day after. I'll occasionally pop in if I find something interesting, or of note.

Otherwise? I don't do game day threads just like I don't do people watching football with me. Leave me the hell alone.

The good - Millroe finally used his best attributes; he runs just as fast as Daniels.

The bad - Millroe was off on his deep throws last night./ Not sure why he was having trouble pushing it downfield. He's been pretty good at that all year.

The ugly - Bama letting the running QB burn them every time. I think at this point we just have to understand that a Nick Saban defense is never going to contain a running QB. It never has and it never will. They didn't even try to spy Daniels last night. I think Saban's philosophy is to let him get his yards but wait for him to make a mistake. Just my opinion.

Good: Milroe’s running and a bunch of his passing. The O-line played their best game.

Bad: Too many injuries.

Ugly: Another elite dual threat QB making Bama’s defense look like they belong in the Big 12. The outcome of the game most likely would not have changed as Bama was up by 14 before Daniel’s injury … but LSU would have made it a closer final score. And LSU probably would have pushed the 600 yard marker. Saban’s defensive schemes never slow down truly elite Dual Threat QB’s. I’m old and old school and I hate BB on grass. I’d much prefer Bama win 21-7 than 42-28. If I can only have one, I prefer a great defense over a great offense. Of course, I love it when Bama has both!

Good. Beautiful weather. Awesome crowd once game started. JM. Or D doing it again
Camping.

Bad. Field goals. Yicks

Ugly. Watching last play of game. Knowing i wont be back until fall 24
Been some kinda season tickets and games

Roll tide

The crowd was electric last night. I can barely talk this morning though getting an extra hour to sleep helped with the headache! The best home game schedule in quite a while! And we enjoyed just about all of them too!

Bama letting the running QB burn them every time. I think at this point we just have to understand that a Nick Saban defense is never going to contain a running QB. It never has and it never will.
We also have to acknowledge Bama is not in this category alone. I do not see any teams fully containing a gifted QB that can run and pass. Just ask LSU with Milroe. It is a nightmare to defend. I do not like it and blow a fuse when it is happening but a QB that can run and pass is brutal. Best D against him was the offense controlling the game and keeping him on the sideline otherwise he was going ot make plays. At times we spied him but he was just to fast for our LB spies to get him on the ground.

The Good - Jalen Milroe being himself and watching his gsme come full circle. He was great to watch. Didn't hit those long passes he likes, but hit those intermediate and short routes he had struggled with. Amazing effort. Terion Arnold and Caleb Downs made some great plays and some big tackles that helped the defense. Great game by those guys. Runnjng backs had a heck of a game, ran hard, caught passes, and picked up blitzes, so great all around job there. Like @UAgrad93 said, not the best Good, but one I think could benefit us moving forward and that is Reichard's two misses. Perfect season monkey off his back, we still won, so now he can focus on those next much needed kicks.

The Bad - The defense as a whole was just not good. You would have thought we slept at oractice the last two weeks as the game plan was terrible coming in. Outside bavkers getting too far up field and creating massive running lanes. Inside backers hitting holes and missing tackles or filling the wrong holes. Middle backers also in no man's land half the night in the passing game essentially making it 11 on 9 because no one was near them and they weren't spying as Daniels went off rushing all night. LSU's penalties like Danielson said helped our cause on defense more than I felt we imposed our will.

The Ugly - clear no calls and missed calls by the officials. The false start was one, multiple holds on Dallas Turner and Lawson while we rushed, what I thought was helmet to helmet on Major Burns hitting Milroe, and I'm sure others.

The ugly - Bama letting the running QB burn them every time. I think at this point we just have to understand that a Nick Saban defense is never going to contain a running QB. It never has and it never will. They didn't even try to spy Daniels last night. I think Saban's philosophy is to let him get his yards but wait for him to make a mistake. Just my opinion.
There are several weaknesses to the Saban defensive scheme. But here? I pause.

Name a defense that can stop a QB like the one they saw yesterday. It's like pointing to Manziel. He beat everyone, not just a "Saban defense."

And by the way, they were spying Daniels all night. Sometimes two guys.

And by the way, they were spying Daniels all night. Sometimes two guys
Yep I saw this several times and the LB's just could not get him down. Usually because of his speed and quickness he just ran away from the spy. I do believe there was some execution issues with gap control but when we had a guy there he was just not fast enough to keep Daniels from running away from him, Fortunately we slowed him down enough to go up 42-28 and then of course the injury.

There are several weaknesses to the Saban defensive scheme. But here? I pause.

Name a defense that can stop a QB like the one they saw yesterday. It's like pointing to Manziel. He beat everyone, not just a "Saban defense."

And by the way, they were spying Daniels all night. Sometimes two guys.
Daniels is a special QB! He isn’t a massive guy, but he is tough and elusive. Like the old saying “trying to tackle a greased pig”! He will be the a first round draft pick and he will excel! He is a Lamar Jackson type runner but with a Justin Herbert arm!

Daniels is a special QB! He isn’t a massive guy, but he is tough and elusive. Like the old saying “trying to tackle a greased pig”! He will be the a first round draft pick and he will excel! He is a Lamar Jackson type runner but with a Justin Herbert arm!
I'd put my money on him having a better career in the league than Caleb Williams. Special QB? Yeah.

While I'm not a Brian Kelly fan...he's done a good job this year with their offense.

Listen to me now, Kevin. Here's where "inherited talent" comes into play. Coach O's recruiting efforts are fading in the background. Those long term relationships? Coming to a close. It's Kelly as the face of the program.

I can't point my finger at the status of the LSU program. Two choices: stagnation, or digression.

I'd put my money on him having a better career in the league than Caleb Williams. Special QB? Yeah.

While I'm not a Brian Kelly fan...he's done a good job this year with their offense.

Listen to me now, Kevin. Here's where "inherited talent" comes into play. Coach O's recruiting efforts are fading in the background. Those long term relationships? Coming to a close. It's Kelly as the face of the program.

I can't point my finger at the status of the LSU program. Two choices: stagnation, or digression.
I would agree on Daniels having a better career than Williams. I almost typed that he would be the first QB taken in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom