| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. LSwho

GREAT - Milroe played out of his mind. He was decisive and made incredible throws. You can see his growth.

Good - offensive line played big boy football tonight. Also Rees called an incredible game. I bitched all season about us not utilizing any presnap motion or preshift, and then he delivered with it tonight. The confidence in Milroe was evident and his play calling allowed him to shine.

Also Good - Alabama punter was on the sideline

Bad - Alabama's defense giving up a TD with a little over a minute left in the first half. Also Reichard's untimely misses. Thank god it didn't come back to bite us in the ass

Ugly - LSUs defense is horrendous

GREAT - Milroe played out of his mind. He was decisive and made incredible throws. You can see his growth.

Good - offensive line played big boy football tonight. Also Rees called an incredible game. I bitched all season about us not utilizing any presnap motion or preshift, and then he delivered with it tonight. The confidence in Milroe was evident and his play calling allowed him to shine.

Also Good - Alabama punter was on the sideline

Bad - Alabama's defense giving up a TD with a little over a minute left in the first half. Also Reichard's untimely misses. Thank god it didn't come back to bite us in the ass

Ugly - LSUs defense is horrendous

I agree with all you said but I would add three things to the "Ugly" column --- #1 Jayden Daniels running for 900-yard gains before the Tide brought him down. I'm amazed he didn't have an 80-yard touchdown run. I don't think the Tide will face any other QB this year as good as Daniels. He is a lock to be a Heisman finalist unless he misses several games. #2 Several nasty-looking injuries, especially Daniels. #3 --- horrific officiating!

Last edited:
Good- A win over the conrdogs. Offense was never really stopped all night. Defense played better in the 2nd half even with Daniels in. They were able to get the 42-28 lead while he was still in the game.

Bad- Really bad Defense for 2+ quarters. Hated to see Reichert have a bad game the night he broke the all time scoring record for a kicker.

Ugly- watching #5 run up and down the field for the corndogs.

Last edited:
Good- Rees calling designed QB runs!! Milroe has steadily progressed each game. OL mauled guys and we used Dippre and Outz to pin and pull and open up some holes.

Bad- the first half defense and the uncharacteristic misses from Reichard!

Ugly- Brian Kelly and all of the Corndogs!! They have an electric offense but that defense sucks donkey balls!!😂

Good: Yeah, sure, Milroe and the three RBs as well as the second half defense, but you know... Kayden Proctor. Solid game tonight.

Bad: Will Reicherd... Can't type anything bad about him. He did eclipse 500 career points.

Ugly: Brian Kelly. Sending Daniels out after his hit. That guy didn't know what stadium he was in. Then he bitched at the refs about the horse collar tackle in Milroe. Screw him!

Good: Yeah, sure, Milroe and the three RBs as well as the second half defense, but you know... Kayden Proctor. Solid game tonight.

Bad: Will Reicherd... Can't type anything bad about him. He did eclipse 500 career points.

Ugly: Brian Kelly. Sending Daniels out after his hit. That guy didn't know what stadium he was in. Then he bitched at the refs about the horse collar tackle in Milroe. Screw him!
Flunk Brian Jelly-Belly!

Good: Breaking out a game plan with designed QB runs at the perfect time! All of our hopes and dreams are still alive!

Bad: The fact that we hadn't fired the whole coaching staff at half-time. That's when I had to quit reading any of the game thread.

Ugly: If we spied Daniels, we couldn't catch him or left crossing route lanes open. When we didn't spy him, he just went off. The dudes raw skill is elite.

GREAT: Jalen has REALLY grown, to my pleasant surprise, the last few weeks. He was way more decisive tonight, instead of holding onto the ball waiting on receivers to create separation. He's pretty much eliminated the telegraphing, and is looking coverage off. Proud of him.

Good: Coach Steele's defensive halftime adjustments the last couple weeks.adjusting strategically and lighting fires under arses.

Bad: the false start penalty call late in the 2nd half. EVERYBODY on the planet saw the defender jump UPFIELD into the neutral zone, causing our guy to react.

Ugly: the announcers wanting so badly for the roughing the passer call on Dallas Turner to turn into a targeting call, when Dallas CLEARLY did NOT lead with the crown of his helmet.

Good- Milroe’s deep ball wasn’t there tonight, but everything else was. He showed by Bill O’Brien privately compared his athletic ability to Lamar Jackson a couple years ago. His clock in the pocket still ticks a tad too slow, but it’s speeding up and he’s getting better as the season goes on. That’s all any of us could have possibly asked for after the first month of the season. OL is settling in nicely... Roberts has been really good. Rees is also settling in and getting comfortable with what he’s got to work with. The crowd deserves some mention here too… I know Bryant-Denny isn’t the always the loudest, but the fans stepped up tonight and made a legitimate difference in the game. Lastly, the 2nd half defense was stout.

Bad- Hate to say it, and it’s probably a good thing long term for him, but the 2 missed FG’s by Reichard. It was maybe the worst game all year for inside LB play, at least on the surface. Story got thrown into the fire and didn’t fare well at all. Hopefully it makes him better though.

Ugly- Not adjusting better/sooner to Daniels running free in the first half. But he only had 1 rush over 10 yards (for 11) in the 2nd half. Also, Jayden Daniels’ effeminate TD celebration after tying it up at 14. What the fuck was that? Kid can flat out play though, I’ll give him that.

I only really care about the GOOD: Got the "W" over LSU.

But I will say that Daniels having so many rushing yards is a bit concerning. However, he's the best QB they've seen so far (or will see) this season. And he's a big part of why LSU has the #1 offense in the country. I think the defense did a good job of getting stops when they needed it. A win over LSU is always nice...even more-so when it's by 2 scores.

And I hope the guys don't sleep on Kentucky. They're no pushover this year. And with the game being in Lexington, they're going to be hyped up for it.

That’s why I don’t get on here during the games! I’ve been a member on here for almost 16 years I believe and @TerryP and @Brandon Van de Graaff can attest to that fact!!
Cool! I've been here about the same length. I just go on long quite spells but I read a lot. I don't mind dropping in during games that I'm certain we will handle well. Tennessee for example. I NEVER, even during the first half, had any doubt! This game was different. First, I can't chat and watch at the sametime. Second, during those games, the negative, whiny bitching pisses me off more than it entertains me. That's on me and it's no ones fault. I just can't do it in those moments. I tried tonight just to relax the moment but it just wasn't working. I enjoy this forum and really do appreciate everyones opinion and POV. Well, almost. There is that one guy. Anyway, it's all in fun. Tonight was an awesome outcome! RTR!

Cool! I've been here about the same length. I just go on long quite spells but I read a lot. I don't mind dropping in during games that I'm certain we will handle well. Tennessee for example. I NEVER, even during the first half, had any doubt! This game was different. First, I can't chat and watch at the sametime. Second, during those games, the negative, whiny bitching pisses me off more than it entertains me. That's on me and it's no ones fault. I just can't do it in those moments. I tried tonight just to relax the moment but it just wasn't working. I enjoy this forum and really do appreciate everyones opinion and POV. Well, almost. There is that one guy. Anyway, it's all in fun. Tonight was an awesome outcome! RTR!
I’m the same way! I can’t talk on here and focus on the game. The bitching and griping irks me to no end! I get enough of that from family and friends that like to text during the game! I tell them one time that “there’s still a bunch of football to be played” and then the phone goes on silent.

Going back and watching the game, our defense didn't do a good job of containing Daniels at all. Couldn't get him to the ground, our spy's couldn't contain him whatsoever, on two of the designed run plays, Lawson sheds his blocker, but fills the wrong gap, on the other, Trezman Marshall reads it, comes downhill and fits it correctly, just misses the tackle. That kid had an outstanding game, and I'm glad we do not have to deal with that anymore. Oh, and Brian Kelly is still a piece of shit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom