| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. LSwho

And by the way, they were spying Daniels all night. Sometimes two guys.
I posted about them not leaving a spy in the game thread multiple times, only to find out this morning after rewatching it, that Lawson was put in a ridiculous situation to spy a QB with that much quickness. Turner also way overpursued at times and it led to open lanes.

Also think Lawson is still injured. He did not have a good game and it was obvious he was a step slower.

Turns out LSU has an incredible offense lol

ALABAMA: Huge win. Great job limiting freebies for the other WRs. They got one early then Bama made it more difficult. 92 had a really nice game. 13 with some huge plays. 15 off the edge just got better of the course of the game. Liked the speed packages with 15 inside & 34 on field! Stayed fairly disciplined with rush but still didn't matter some. 2 made nice open field tackles. 3 was solid. 41 made some things happen. QB was super poised. Pocket was so close to breaking down, showed great patience then very deliberate when leaving. Designed QB runs helped. Couple new wrinkles from the OC I haven't seen this year. Milroe incredible on 3rd down. Ground game helped control game late. OL pretty good for the most part. 52 & 65 had some nice finishes. Liked how 2 got downhill. TEs & RBs helped with chips. Didn't panic or press & ultimately I thought that was the difference.

Good- the play of Milroe and Daniels (yes he is the enemy but he gets props, special talent)
Good II- OL is improving every game.

Bad- Rough night for Will but he is still one of the very best in the country.

Ugly- 1st half. A LB cannot keep up with a mobile QB like Daniels. We play a lot of man to man and our DB's did a pretty good job but that is when Daniels made his presence felt.

On to Lexington.

I've been watching bits and pieces of the replay since Saturday and one thing I noticed his how LSU didn't go after Kool Aid. I'd have to do the math but I'm guessing, maybe, 15% of their pass attempts were targeted at his coverage. One completion.

The Good - besides the obvious outcome of the game, I was able to take my brother & parents to their first 'Bama game at Bryant-Denny (see pic). I lost my voice during the game. It was gloriously loud as hell. Got to meet @50+yeartidefan & his bride at Lurleen camp. Also, Milroe running the ball is truly remarkable. His first TD, untouched, his third (corrected) TD barely touched splitting 3 defenders from the 20! That's ridiculous. Good luck opposing defenses trying to call the right formations to figure out how to defend them! Oh & singing Ramma Jamma at the end of the game

The Bad - The defense really was on their heals until mid 3rd quarter. But it was pretty awesome that they limited LSU to one score during the second half. I also intended to come by 50+ camp to chat them up some more but it got a little tedious tending to my 75+ parents. I love them to death but there was a LOT of hand holding. I'm just glad I got them to do just that.

The Ugly - Reichard's misses. Just not him. He was close but I think he was pressing. Lawson's banged up. That guy needs to heal to be ready for AU & Jawja.

FUGLY- Lastly, I took my the family to the Walk Champions to see CNS & the team. We waited there for 2 hours... And I almost screamed & cried like a little girl when CNS came into view. I had to suck it up & get my composure.... It was FUGLY!20231104_214947.jpg

Last edited:
I've been watching bits and pieces of the replay since Saturday and one thing I noticed his how LSU didn't go after Kool Aid. I'd have to do the math but I'm guessing, maybe, 15% of their pass attempts were targeted at his coverage. One completion.

Yeah, he wasn't getting much air time Saturday night. They hit the middle of the field and tested Arnold.

Ugly- 1st half. A LB cannot keep up with a mobile QB like Daniels. We play a lot of man to man and our DB's did a pretty good job but that is when Daniels made his presence felt.
If you step back a bit and look at the forest instead of a tree. Bama made adjustments in this game just like they did against Tennessee. In reverse to a degree, but the same adjustments.

They open in a four man front. Then the went back to the base defense for awhile with a 3-4 look. In the second half another adjustment when they kept the three man front but added two linebackers...basically going from a four man front, to three, to five. LSU's offense stopped when they went to the five man front with three and two.
There's nothing really genius about the approach. They just showed Daniels so many fronts it caught up with them.

The same thing has happened with all of Bama's "big" SEC games. It's a primary reason for the scoring disparity in the second half between Bama and opponents. I think it's 82-13 in Bama's "biggest" SEC games.

@Crimson&WhiteGecko great story! Was the old man drinking Bud Light when you met?
@Crimson&WhiteGecko
The Good - besides the obvious outcome of the game, I was able to take my brother & parents to their first 'Bama game at Bryant-Denny (see pic). I lost my voice during the game. It was gloriously loud as hell. Got to meet @50+yeartidefan & his bride at Lurleen camp. Also, Milroe running the ball is truly remarkable. His first TD, untouched, his second TD barely touched splitting 3 defenders from the 20! That's ridiculous. Good luck opposing defenses trying to call the right formations to figure out how to defend them! Oh & singing Ramma Jamma at the end of the game

The Bad - The defense really was on their heals until mid 3rd quarter. But it was pretty awesome that they limited LSU to one score during the second half. I also intended to come by 50+ camp to chat them up some more but it got a little tedious tending to my 75+ parents. I love them to death but there was a LOT of hand holding. I'm just glad I got them to do just that.

The Ugly - Reichard's misses. Just not him. He was close but I think he was pressing. Lawson's banged up. That guy needs to heal to be ready for AU & Jawja.

FUGLY- Lastly, I took my the family to the Walk Champions to see CNS & the team. We waited there for 2 hours... And I almost screamed & cried like a little girl when CNS came into view. I had to suck it up & get my composure.... It was FUGLY!View attachment 25986
@TerryP

Didnt get to get pitcure eithrr But love one of ur family

No budlight YET. Plenty during weekend!!!

Cool thing C&w geiko His mom n ms50+ were both long term teachers. They had great time discussing school!!!! Lol

Very nice people

The lsu fans were pretty cool. Probably COLD that first night. It was Cold !!!!
Gave em so hell!!!. Got it back! Too

Last edited:
No one has talked about Jase McCellon's TD on our last score. His ball carrying fundamentals kept the play from being a disaster. The LSU LB #1 brought the hammer down on the ball and almost punched the ball out but McClellon held on to it for a TD. That could have been a disaster but it was not.

See the 12:18 mark of this video to see that play. The little things matter.

If you also take time to look at the running plays in those highlights you see some really good OL play. #77 had a great game.

No one has talked about Jase McCellon's TD on our last score. His ball carrying fundamentals kept the play from being a disaster. The LSU LB #1 brought the hammer down on the ball and almost punched the ball out but McClellon held on to it for a TD. That could have been a disaster but it was not.

See the 12:18 mark of this video to see that play. The little things matter.

If you also take time to look at the running plays in those highlights you see some really good OL play. #77 had a great game.

He's well past the white line though when that ball rolls, so I get what you're saying, but it wasn't close to disaster.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Tim Brando is an LSU homer, a crybaby, and a Bama-hating a-hole

then he gets real nasty and calls Bama fans the most toxic in the country

Back
Top Bottom