| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. TameCats

Good --- Bama clinched the SEC West and punched their ticket to the SECCG next month. Solid overall game except for a few big plays. Ninth win of the season and next week is a gimme so the Tide will have SIXTEEN CONSECUTIVE TEN-WIN SEASONS! Milroe had three TDS against one pick and three rushing touchdowns. Defense was suffocating most of the day. T y Simpson got some snaps and had some really good plays.

Bad --- Milroe's left leg injury. Defense did have some busted plays including #26 running for 74 yards and getting knocked out of bounds at the one.

Ugly --- KoolAid's muffed punt that led to a 32-yard touchdown drive for the KenTux. Milroe's pick. HORRIBLE officiating when Bama knocked the ball loose --- AND recovered it --- but those inbred Communist BASTARDS didn't call that and the Spazoids scored on the next play! :mad:

Good - Milroe's continued growth and the game slowing down for him. Terrion Arnold again with a great performance. He better be a Captain this year with his continued effort and performance. Caleb Downs was all over the place.

Bad - Kool-Aid again in the punt return game. He continues to hurt us.

Ugly - Not even gonna put an ugly, because it was a good day for the boys.

Good: Milroe six pack, Campbell filling in exceptionally well for Lawson, another great game from the OL

Bad: second straight game where the Bama D gave up a TD to open the second half

Ugly: A. Muffed punt. B. Not reviewing that UK fumble and UK scores on the next play.

Good: On the fumble that UK recovered. If the positions are reversed and that's ruled Bama's way? It's not overturned.

Bad: ESPN had very cheap camera coverage on this game. Did you notice no overhead cams on replay's? No matter how you slice it if there are more camera angles for review in one game versus another? The games are not being officiated fairly.

UGLY!!: Matt Barrie is a DUMBASS. (But that's what I get for turning the volume back up.)

Good- solid performance on the road! Rees got Milroe into a groove early and it was over for the Cats. OL provided the protection and then mauled UK when we took the air out. Simpson got reps and played well.

Bad- the muffed punt gave UK a glimmer of hope for a few moments. Javier Arenas really needs to have a conversation with Koolaid and help him get his mojo back, even though we did see signs of him snapping out of it with a very strong return.

Ugly- officiating!! Getting to be a damn joke that isn’t even funny anymore!!! The OPI on Dippre on a completion that had a face mask that would’ve kept a drive going. Instead resulted in a stalled drive and punt. Dippre tried to “swim” over the OLB and the dude barely moved!🤬
The “roughing” call on Latham, really!!🤬 DL are taught to get their hands up and try and bat the ball if they can’t get to the QB, hand makes contact with helmet but it was the getting blasted by the other two that made it look egregious!
The long run given up by the backups, but Downs never quitting and made the stop. Story causes a fumble and yet the stripes don’t even attempt a review. Hell, Stoops knew it and didn’t even attempt to hurry up.
As @TerryP mentioned, the lack of camera angles was awful! ESPN, y’all got to do better!!

Good: continued growth and development of the offense and Milroe in particular.

Bad: sorry, but neither Williams nor McClellan are able to beat one-on-ones. We are missing having difference makers at RB.

Ugly: Kentucky looked bad. And considering how bad LSU's defense is and we knocked out their QB, we can't get too comfortable. Milroe is late in getting the ball to open receivers and he lofts the ball up at times that a good secondary will devour. Lots of mediocrity in the SEC this season, so I hope this young team realizes they have to keep getting better even as injuries continue piling up.

Dropped one with a guy in his face. The next one he returned for what...20-25?

We don't know what he was seeing on that punt, don't know what he was looking at with the guy in his face, and don't know the ball. I don't like what happened. I also don't know what happened.

In his face, yeah right. That was a routine fair catch with the least amount of pressure you'll see in college football. And it's not even the drops, it's the ones he lets go and simply gives up a lot of yardage to the opponents. His ONE return wasn't something that moved the needle in this one at that point, but his muffed one could have let them back in the game as they did score on it. He's inconsistent and will cost us.

You do not know what he was seeing. I don't. It's a premature "ejectulation" saying he needs to be benched. We do not know the story.

The hell does that even mean? He sees the same thing every punt returner in the country is seeing. You act like he's dealing with something nobody else in his position in the country is having to deal with. All the kickers he's facing somehow doing something with the ball no one else is seeing? He knows with a fair catch he ain't getting hit, so what does anything else have to do with him getting under it and catching it?

The hell does that even mean? He sees the same thing every punt returner in the country is seeing.
Proof. You've never returned a punt. What's the rotation on the ball? How did the punter release, and then kicked. Ball position.

There are specific drops on punts for ball rotation, landing, etc. It effects the returner.

Did he lose concentration? Yes. What was he looking at? I don't know. Something got in his head.

The very next return? He read it correctly and gave Bama good field position.

We don't know what he was seeing. This goes back to the poor coverage we had today for this game. With an All-22 we may have seen the lane he saw. IF that's what got him distracted.

He whiffed that. No doubt. But there's a reason why. Too much football IQ there for that to happen. He saw something.

Proof. You've never returned a punt. What's the rotation on the ball? How did the punter release, and then kicked. Ball position.

There are specific drops on punts for ball rotation, landing, etc. It effects the returner.

Did he lose concentration? Yes. What was he looking at? I don't know. Something got in his head.

The very next return? He read it correctly and gave Bama good field position.

We don't know what he was seeing. This goes back to the poor coverage we had today for this game. With an All-22 we may have seen the lane he saw. IF that's what got him distracted.

He whiffed that. No doubt. But there's a reason why. Too much football IQ there for that to happen. He saw something.

Seriously, quit showing your ignorance as you've never played. I used to return punts and kickoff return, so I have atleast four years more experience than you with this hands on. I've been concussed on a kickoff return because I didn't see something, so I get exactly what you're saying, but never have I muffed a fair catch because of something I wasn't seeing/expecting. An elite athlete like him shouldn't be having this many issues. Also played baseball for years and fielded a much smaller ball with much more spin hit a lot harder in more open field, so I think I have plenty of room to speak on this and what he saw. Let's just leave it at this, you have made excuses for him this year that don't really align with reality. So every muff he's seeing something? Every decision to not field a punt he's not seeing something? It's time for someone else to try the position. Safe to say it's a 50/50 deal now on whether we'll end up with the ball or lose it/yards. I've been with you on the Milroe criticism and getting his back, but I am on the opposite side of you with Kool-Aid and the way he's handling this season.

Seriously, quit showing your ignorance as you've never played
What you are calling ignorance is a question. What did he see?

That's the point, Casey. We don't know what he was seeing. We're are not catching that punt.

There is not a way to judge what was going on there. We have not seen the video other than the game, live action.

It's a feeling. My gut instinct. Did he read something? Yes. How else do you explain the distraction.

Quit this "arm chair QB shit." We don't know. Let's wait 'til some film comes out.

Back
Top Bottom