| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. Hugh Tiger

100% with you @TerryP P. This is so Barnerish....

Do what!?! With as much as you talk about the past and how those spirits and mystique help us today, that's as fan boy as it gets. Very Georgia if you ask anyone that knows the fan base. No offense, but I don't think you're in any space to be talking down about naming winning moments and such.

Do what!?! With as much as you talk about the past and how those spirits and mystique help us today, that's as fan boy as it gets. Very Georgia if you ask anyone that knows the fan base. No offense, but I don't think you're in any space to be talking down about naming winning moments and such.
No offense taken. It is a fansight board not life or death.

BTW I do not know the UGA fanbase. Never been a need to follow them historically. Until Smart they always found a way to fall short. I do know the barner fanbase and they live for this kind of stuff.

What you call mystique I call tradition and culture of winning. The foundation of that tradition of course is talent, coaching, hard work and organizational structure/support.

Lets just agree that we want the Tide to Roll this weekend and hand the puppies a loss.

No offense taken. It is a fansight board not life or death.

BTW I do not know the UGA fanbase. Never been a need to follow them historically. Until Smart they always found a way to fall short. I do know the barner fanbase and they live for this kind of stuff.

What you call mystique I call tradition and culture of winning. The foundation of that tradition of course is talent, coaching, hard work and organizational structure/support.

Lets just agree that we want the Tide to Roll this weekend and hand the puppies a loss.

Exactly, that tradition was built on moments like this. Just like players or units get nicknames, moments get those as well. When you talk about a specific play in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, or 2000's you just gonna explain the whole play or if you say "2nd and 26" everyone will know? Pretty sure you use "Bear" a lot to notate a figure in Alabama history, so 4th and 31 is no different to me.

Exactly, that tradition was built on moments like this. Just like players or units get nicknames, moments get those as well. When you talk about a specific play in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, or 2000's you just gonna explain the whole play or if you say "2nd and 26" everyone will know? Pretty sure you use "Bear" a lot to notate a figure in Alabama history, so 4th and 31 is no different to me.
Yeah I recall the Bear and his National Championships along with his core teachings/values and how he prepared his teams for moments like this.

Back
Top Bottom