| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. Vandy?

Anyway, I’ve been saying the same thing since Saban resigned. It’s unfair to expect the coach who follows the GOAT to be another GOAT. Look I so hope DeBoers is it … but what are the chances Bama hired back to back GOATs?
I have been saying this also and the answer to your question is chances are low. Man have taken the opposite position. I think CKD will do well but it takes time in his system. No one expected the D to be so bad that is for sure. After the UGA game two things disturbed me, 1) nobody on the coaching staff including CK talked about how poorly the D played in the 2nd half and 2) Their was still a lot of talk about UGA. Go watch the CKD show and that was Wednesday. A bit into the call before VU is talked about.

@Secondand26
1962 loss to GaTech. Probably back longer if i try

Loss to Penn State in first liberty bowl

40-0 beating by AU in 50something at my grandparents house and my grandfather laughing. Horse laughing. Of course he was a AU grad I was crying. My dad was getting pissed

I dont wanna go back any futher
The 1962 game....it was raining at home and I was listening to Mom's Gray and Pink Philco radio. Near the end I couldn't take Bama was going to lose to I went into the backyard those last few minutes and when I returned to the radio we had lost. I was 12. If you read up on that game Coach Bryant did some stupid play calling with Joe throwing several picks. It happens.

Kalen has chosen the path of appeasement to his roster. The days of hard azz coaching are done due to the prick recruiting pool of players. That pool is for every school not just Bama. The bad news is that pool will get worse each year. The Bigger issue is how long will the high dollar booster continue to send their bucks to the schools having seen the product they're paying for.

I am 74 and it's been a great ride.

The 1962 game....it was raining at home and I was listening to Mom's Gray and Pink Philco radio. Near the end I couldn't take Bama was going to lose to I went into the backyard those last few minutes and when I returned to the radio we had lost. I was 12. If you read up on that game Coach Bryant did some stupid play calling with Joe throwing several picks. It happens.

Kalen has chosen the path of appeasement to his roster. The days of hard azz coaching are done due to the prick recruiting pool of players. That pool is for every school not just Bama. The bad news is that pool will get worse each year. The Bigger issue is how long will the high dollar booster continue to send their bucks to the schools having seen the product they're paying for.

I am 74 and it's been a great ride.
This reminded me of Coach Bryant statement about "the same things win that always won everything else is a bunch of excuses". My connection with your statement is that hard azz coaching fits into that same things win category so CKD will have to find a way to do so otherwise we will revisit this several more times this year. It is ok to be a players coach but at some point you have to say this is not a democracy and this is not how we are going to do things arround here. I saw a video with CKD leaving the field and he was having to go over and tell the players to get into the locker room. They were getting chippy. If that is the culture CKD is creating this is just the beginning of the decay. I do not think it is but he will need to make it absolutely clear this is not how we are going to do things. He may need to make an example of a player or two that are supposed to be leaders on the team. I personally believe that you cannot win the # of games he has w/o knowing how to manage this but I have been concerned with some of the things I have seen. I have been tell myself there is more than one way to win and if he wins I should adjust my perception of those things.

Needs some big time accountability for the coaches and players. They need to be challenged and not coddled. BTW I would have said the same thing after the 2nd half of the UGA game. It is about how you prepare and how you play not just wins and losses. What wil CKD allow?

Absolutely. Bear thinking game won. Super conser. Same AU guy blocked kick. The same one ran it in. Was something awful

Nick is right. Yoj remember losses loomger than wins.
Bill Newton blocked them, ball bounced to David Langner who never broke stride to end zone. Greg Gant, the UA punter, told me after the first block, he asked Coach Bryant if he could throw to a wide open receiver instead of punting. He was a HS QB. Coach Bryant, “punt the damn ball” and walked off. Note on David Langer, coached with a guy who was a manager at *aU at the time. Said Langer would lock some of the managers or kids hanging around the complex in lockers and piss on them.

Back
Top Bottom