| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. ut

It ain't just here. The radio shows and such will be a clown show tomorrow if Twitter is any indication. I'd imagine some other Bama message boards are much worse off than RTB in terms of the tire fire too.
I've read BoL a small amount and twitter, it's meltdown central everywhere. Best to just let some of these people go off, not worth dealing with them and it's a tiring job to fight against it all the time.

The Good - I’m SO thankful I wasn’t in Knoxville today.

The Bad - I could write a 10 page essay but I’ll just give you the title “Life without the GOAT”.

The Ugly - people wearing crimson colored glasses still taking about this team making the playoffs. Auburn and Bama could meet in the Birmingham Bowl this year.
It's crazy how many people truly believe that we are one of the best teams in the country and how we would "kill" this team or that team, even though we haven't "killed" any team in a very long time

We can still make the playoffs since they ranked us at 15. We have a game against LSU and UT has a game against Georgia. If UT gets crushed and Bama finds a way to beat LSU and win out. We could sneak into the 9-10 spot and find ourselves in the playoffs.

I mean, just as bad as we've been the last few weeks we're CAPABLE of being so much better, if we get it fixed and get hot we can win out. If we don't get it fixed and continue to make the same mistakes from players to coaches, we'll be out of the playoffs sooner rather than later. I think if we can just get past Missouri this week that will push us up a little with a help from some other teams losing we could jump a few spots and then we have the bye week to hopefully get people healthy and fix some things we need fixed.

We can still make the playoffs since they ranked us at 15. We have a game against LSU and UT has a game against Georgia. If UT gets crushed and Bama finds a way to beat LSU and win out. We could sneak into the 9-10 spot and find ourselves in the playoffs.

I mean, just as bad as we've been the last few weeks we're CAPABLE of being so much better, if we get it fixed and get hot we can win out. If we don't get it fixed and continue to make the same mistakes from players to coaches, we'll be out of the playoffs sooner rather than later. I think if we can just get past Missouri this week that will push us up a little with a help from some other teams losing we could jump a few spots and then we have the bye week to hopefully get people healthy and fix some things we need fixed.

If Bama wins out, I'd put it at 99.3% they get into the playoffs. There's still more carnage ahead, and Bama sitting there when the dust settles with 2 loses would be enough. But can Bama go 5-0 now? I just don't know.

Yea, I still hold that I believe this was a 3 loss team this year. I thought if they got through LSU and UT with only 1 loss, they'd likely be in the playoffs. I also didn't expect Vanderbilt to be the loss though, I expected a loss to Georgia. I felt Missouri was a paper tiger this year and felt UT and LSU were our other 2 losses.

I had them as a 2 loss team back in August, but I thought it would be a combination of UGA and then likely the Vols and/or LSU. 3 loses is probably the most reasonable at this point. Never would have guessed Vandy...

The meltdown by fans on Alabama football forums are quite embarrassing. I'm seeing range of people wanting Coaches fired, bench players, and all. Omg. This is quite crazy .

Ha, well if you're wanting no changes and expect the product to change one would say you're quite crazy. Milroe has earned second team reps. Plain and simple. If that decision isn't made, then you change coaching, so which is it? Something has to be done and it doesn't appear coaches or players are making the necessary changes. It's not crazy to see flaws and want them fixed.

If Bama wins out, I'd put it at 99.3% they get into the playoffs. There's still more carnage ahead, and Bama sitting there when the dust settles with 2 loses would be enough. But can Bama go 5-0 now? I just don't know.

I agree. I'm not happy, but I know we're not out either. We roll this product out co tinuousky we are out and will lose atleast two more. We can make it in and make a run, but changes have to be made.

Here is more interesting data from this season.

Bama is averaging 8.9 accepted penalties per game so far this year, with the UT game leading the pack. There are only 6 teams, out of 134, that have a higher average.

In 2023, Bama averaged 5.8 penalties per game. Thats a significant difference.

Not sure what anyone is seeing that makes you think this team will win out. Still seems like folks are hanging on to unrealistic expectations. Not saying lower the standard but look at what you are seeing objectively. 1-2 more losses minumum.

@BamaFan334 you will get the change you are looking for but it will not be until next year. I do not believe CKD will make the change you are proposing. I think he believes Milroe is a threat and he can coach him up and the light will come on. Realistic? If he can find his confidence back maybe. He is still a threat but defenses have adjusted. Can the OC, Milroe and CKD adjust?

So far this staff has not shown they do well at making adjustments. Pattern - play good first half, no adjustments by Bama and the other team adust at halftime and we play a much worse 2nd half.

I just have to do my assessment based on what I am observing.

Here is more interesting data from this season.

Bama is averaging 8.9 accepted penalties per game so far this year, with the UT game leading the pack. There are only 6 teams, out of 134, that have a higher average.

In 2023, Bama averaged 5.8 penalties per game. Thats a significant difference.
Do you see any of our coaches get in the face of the players committing these penalties once they come of the field. Maybe a great timeout chair would be a nice touch or the penalty belt?

Ha, well if you're wanting no changes and expect the product to change one would say you're quite crazy. Milroe has earned second team reps. Plain and simple. If that decision isn't made, then you change coaching, so which is it? Something has to be done and it doesn't appear coaches or players are making the necessary changes. It's not crazy to see flaws and want them fixed.
We got changes. And more changes are coming. Ckd doesn't have his players yet. Y'all gotta simmer down and understsnd this is transition year. It was always gonna be up and down year. @Brandon Van de Graaff warned y'all back in spring, summer and fall camp. That's why I'm not so invested in this team. Im taking the team for what they are. A flawed team with lot of issues that will be addressed in off-season. We lost way too many players. Over 22 players. Everyone keep forgetting that.

We got changes. And more changes are coming. Ckd doesn't have his players yet. Y'all gotta simmer down and understsnd this is transition year. It was always gonna be up and down year. @Brandon Van de Graaff warned y'all back in spring, summer and fall camp. That's why I'm not so invested in this team. Im taking the team for what they are. A flawed team with lot of issues that will be addressed in off-season. We lost way too many players. Over 22 players. Everyone keep forgetting that.

Those are all excuses. We lost pieces but returned the main pieces that sent us to the Playoffs last year. You not being "invested" in this team is a disservice to every one of those players. What changes have we gotten? What is coming? He doesn't have his players? He inherited BETTER players, so in no way shape or form will he have as much talent as he has right now. He didn't "have" his players at Washington either, or really any other stop due to his time at those places, so having "his guys" is a bogus argument. All that being said, all I want is a change at quarterback. If I recall correctly, Simpson looked better on A-Day and tge scrimmage I saw before the season.

Not sure what anyone is seeing that makes you think this team will win out. Still seems like folks are hanging on to unrealistic expectations. Not saying lower the standard but look at what you are seeing objectively. 1-2 more losses minumum.

@BamaFan334 you will get the change you are looking for but it will not be until next year. I do not believe CKD will make the change you are proposing. I think he believes Milroe is a threat and he can coach him up and the light will come on. Realistic? If he can find his confidence back maybe. He is still a threat but defenses have adjusted. Can the OC, Milroe and CKD adjust?

So far this staff has not shown they do well at making adjustments. Pattern - play good first half, no adjustments by Bama and the other team adust at halftime and we play a much worse 2nd half.

I just have to do my assessment based on what I am observing.

He isn't missing anything at this point. He simply doesn't have the quick decision skills and the ones he makes hurts himself and the team. He's really good at commercials, he's an amazing human being, but he has shown limitations as a quarterback that will only get worse in the NFL, because it's even faster and even lesser room for error. I have been one of his biggest supporters on this site and felt with time he could slow it all down and hit that potential he kept showing. Now he's struggling to put touch on the ball, he's underthrowing a large portion of his passed, his receivers are bailing him out, and he's missing a lot of reads and open guys. He even looks slow when he runs. He's an athlete, a good one, but I do not think he is the on the field leader this team needs.

Back
Top Bottom