| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. ut

Some quick reactions...

Good- Ryan Williams.

He didn't have much to show for it, but Jam Miller had a solid game.

The defense in the 1st half, especially considering it was thin on the back end. They held up well today, but could have been better IMO, with some more aggressiveness on the pass rush later in the day (which will be mentioned later).

Along those lines (about the thin back end), Sabb showed some grit.

Loses like this are tough, nobody likes to lose, especially rivalry games. But if we're being honest here (and we are), Alabama fans have had a good bit of "quit" in them for quite some time. If this loss purges some of those fans back into the shadows, I consider that a silver lining. I have little use for entitled people, but especially college fans who have nothing personally invested in it.

Bad- Didn't love the play call on Jalen's first INT at all, though it was a bad pass. But, he hit the same pass on the other side for 6 not long after, so only fair to point that out. Still, I'm not loving those 2 calls there.

Bama left 14 points off the board in the 1st half. And that’s being kind. Felt at the half that it would come back to haunt them similar to how it haunted Florida last week in a similar situation. And it did.

Bama’s special teams coaching is… lacking. And I’m not talking about missed field goals. For a unit that has done nothing spectacular, they need to at least get the little things right.

Ugly- Bama had guys open all game, but Milroe was off on throws. Late on throws. Didn’t see/make some throws. In the run game, he regressed on some zone read decisions. Looked like he was tight from the start and never could string together enough good plays to put it behind him. I've been a huge Milore cheerleader, but his play really hurt the team today. A scouting buddy texted me right after the game saying that Milroe is quickly losing the stock gains held post UGA last month.

Bama just refuses to bring pressure in some of the key 3rd down situations and I don’t get it. If the coverage gets beat, so be it. They are anyway when Bama doesn’t blitz. And Nico has proven time and time again he isn’t comfortable playing in a crowded pocket. I know they were slow getting home at times, but I'd still rather see that than sitting back and still getting beat over the top.

Broken record comment here, but UA is still way too undisciplined. 3 or 4 of the flags on Bama were complete bullshit, but that's par for the course. Law's penalty near the end should have been offsetting, but he also has to know better.

ABC not showing the play clock for periods at a time. Why? Who knows.

Wish they could’ve shown Nico’s parents a little more. I definitely didn’t get enough of them. A solid hour of total camera time instead of 30 minutes would have been better.

I’ve defended McElroy on here many times, but his over the top effort to not try and show Bama any favoritism is really annoying. He sounded like a complete dolt late in the 4th acting like the offsides by the Vols was too close to call. Just really weird “try hard” behavior.

Bama faking injuries, regardless of reason, is a bridge too far. Call the timeout. Something else. Anything else. I get the officials screwed up, but please don't ever do that weak shit again.

Notes- Vols really keyed in on the Milroe QB runs/keepers and took away that entire chunk of the playbook. Plays where there to be made in the passing game though... just didn't hit 'em.

Vols had a couple of really good one on one tackles and a couple of shoestring type tackles that saved them in some key situations.

That half ass field storming better result in a full ass check made out to Alabama.

I haven't read the board yet, so not sure if it's on here... already seeing it on social media though... but if I see anyone talking about firing DeBoer, just know I'll file you away under, "not a serious person".

Good - Defense played a dang good game. They gave up 21 points, maybe. Offense did a terrible job of putting them in a bad spot in the second half. We sit there and scold the defense, but giving up maybe 21 is a good day and took the turnovers given to them.

Bad - Jalen Milroe and the officiating. I'm not even worried about the offense because we are wide open all over the field and Mikroe isn't hitting our guys. Officiating was terrible and the guys weren't allowed to play on either side. Then you look at the missed calls and it was absolute garbage.

Ugly - Jalen Milroe here too and how he duped a lot of the country into believing he progressed. Williams had nine targets with three receptions and none were Williams' fault early. Milroe needs to be benched and I think we will not see him hit the field again unless there is an injury. They won't bench a Captain, but he single handedly costed us the game tonight. The unfortunate part is the entire offense goes through the quarterback position. While we had penalties, Milroe had A TON of time all dang night to make plays and he folded just like he did against Vanderbilt and South Carolina. That is three games in a row where he has not earned that starting spot.

Extra Comment - I don't even want a coach fired or anything. I just want them to make adjustments and utilize the talent they have. We can still win out and make the Playoffs, but not with who they are running out there at quarterback. Defense gives up 21 points and we score 17 after owning the clock for a lot of the gane, just unacceptable. We were Florida to them for the second straight weekend.
👏

Some quick reactions...

Good- Ryan Williams.

He didn't have much to show for it, but Jam Miller had a solid game.

The defense in the 1st half, especially considering it was thin on the back end. They held up well today, but could have been better IMO, with some more aggressiveness on the pass rush later in the day (which will be mentioned later).

Along those lines (about the thin back end), Sabb showed some grit.

Loses like this are tough, nobody likes to lose, especially rivalry games. But if we're being honest here (and we are), Alabama fans have had a good bit of "quit" in them for quite some time. If this loss purges some of those fans back into the shadows, I consider that a silver lining. I have little use for entitled people, but especially college fans who have nothing personally invested in it.

Bad- Didn't love the play call on Jalen's first INT at all, though it was a bad pass. But, he hit the same pass on the other side for 6 not long after, so only fair to point that out. Still, I'm not loving those 2 calls there.

Bama left 14 points off the board in the 1st half. And that’s being kind. Felt at the half that it would come back to haunt them similar to how it haunted Florida last week in a similar situation. And it did.

Bama’s special teams coaching is… lacking. And I’m not talking about missed field goals. For a unit that has done nothing spectacular, they need to at least get the little things right.

Ugly- Bama had guys open all game, but Milroe was off on throws. Late on throws. Didn’t see/make some throws. In the run game, he regressed on some zone read decisions. Looked like he was tight from the start and never could string together enough good plays to put it behind him. I've been a huge Milore cheerleader, but his play really hurt the team today. A scouting buddy texted me right after the game saying that Milroe is quickly losing the stock gains held post UGA last month.

Bama just refuses to bring pressure in some of the key 3rd down situations and I don’t get it. If the coverage gets beat, so be it. They are anyway when Bama doesn’t blitz. And Nico has proven time and time again he isn’t comfortable playing in a crowded pocket. I know they were slow getting home at times, but I'd still rather see that than sitting back and still getting beat over the top.

Broken record comment here, but UA is still way too undisciplined. 3 or 4 of the flags on Bama were complete bullshit, but that's par for the course. Law's penalty near the end should have been offsetting, but he also has to know better.

ABC not showing the play clock for periods at a time. Why? Who knows.

Wish they could’ve shown Nico’s parents a little more. I definitely didn’t get enough of them. A solid hour of total camera time instead of 30 minutes would have been better.

I’ve defended McElroy on here many times, but his over the top effort to not try and show Bama any favoritism is really annoying. He sounded like a complete dolt late in the 4th acting like the offsides by the Vols was too close to call. Just really weird “try hard” behavior.

Bama faking injuries, regardless of reason, is a bridge too far. Call the timeout. Something else. Anything else. I get the officials screwed up, but please don't ever do that weak shit again.

Notes- Vols really keyed in on the Milroe QB runs/keepers and took away that entire chunk of the playbook. Plays where there to be made in the passing game though... just didn't hit 'em.

Vols had a couple of really good one on one tackles and a couple of shoestring type tackles that saved them in some key situations.

That half ass field storming better result in a full ass check made out to Alabama.

I haven't read the board yet, so not sure if it's on here... already seeing it on social media though... but if I see anyone talking about firing DeBoer, just know I'll file you away under, "not a serious person".
👍

Good - we didn’t get blown out. Nico missed a couple of wide-open touchdowns that score could’ve been a lot worse than it was.

Bad - Jalen scrambling and overthrowing receivers, it’s as though he has lost his accuracy while moving. Also to me it just seemed like he was completely checked out.

Ugly - ridiculous, penalties, defensive and offensive

Three ugly things.

Flags. 85 flags a game is gonna get you beat most of the time.

Our offensive play calling. I'll never understand why we won't run the ball inside the 10 yard line going in.

Finally. Milroe sucks. I'm sorry. I haven't understood the interest with his play. I know he was under pressure most of the game, but good god man. How many throws did he make that were over thrown on guys that were wide open. I've felt like this since last year and it was even more evident today. He's just not a good quarterback.

Ty Simpson must be awful to not even get a chance.

Three ugly things.

Flags. 85 flags a game is gonna get you beat most of the time.

Our offensive play calling. I'll never understand why we won't run the ball inside the 10 yard line going in.

Finally. Milroe sucks. I'm sorry. I haven't understood the interest with his play. I know he was under pressure most of the game, but good god man. How many throws did he make that were over thrown on guys that were wide open. I've felt like this since last year and it was even more evident today. He's just not a good quarterback.

Ty Simpson must be awful to not even get a chance.
Simpson isn't awful

There was tons of pressure from UT. Hence why he was running out of the pocket most of the game and throwing the ball into the next county. Anyway, doesn't matter. We lost and we aren't very good. At this point, I only feel confident in the Mercer game.

He was not under pressure much at all. He may have been running, but he had all day moat of the night. That's what made it even more nauseating was the fact he had time and then missed wide open receivers. Tennessee had three sacks, and onenof those was the terrible 3rd and 2 play call if I'm not mistaken. The tackles for loss were from the stupid called runs they sniffed out.

My good, bad and ugly will have a some emotional baggage behind it because I just flat out hate the Viles and losing to that bunch but here goes (short an simple)

Good- Nothing

Bad- everything

Ugly- Bama fans (many on this board) delusions that you can replace the GOAT and not miss a beat. Also the unrealistic belief that it does not take time to put in a new system. You guys know I have tempered my expectations from the start but this has been worse than what I expected especially on D. Anyone that thinks this D played well did not watch the game that I did. When you give up 200+ yards rushing, you did not play well. 400+ yards total D and 21 points in the 2nd half. That is not good D. Were there times they played well? Sure expecially in the first half. But so far that is the parttern, play decent 1st half and then fall apart in the 2nd half. The offense certainly did not help the D that is for sure.

Really Ugly - People calling for CKD's firing if that is occurring. I have been around long enough to pretty much know (even though I am avoiding social media for know) that there are Bama fans calling for CKD to be fired.

Last edited:
My good, bad and ugly will have a some emotional baggage behind it because I just flat out hate the Viles and losing to that bunch but here goes (short an simple)

Good- Nothing

Bad- everything

Ugly- Bama fans (many on this board) delusions that you can replace the GOAT and not miss a beat. Also the unrealistic belief that it does not take time to put in a new system. You guys know I have tempered my expectations from the start but this has been worse than what I expected especially on D. Anyone that thinks this D played well did not watch the game that I did. When you give up 200+ yards rushing, you did not play well. 400+ yards total D and 21 points in the 2nd half. That is not good D. Were there times they played well? Sure expecially in the first half. But so far that is the parttern, play decent 1st half and then fall apart in the 2nd half. The offense certainly did not help the D that is for sure.

Really Ugly - People calling for CKD's firing if that is occurring. I have been around long enough to pretty much know (even though I am avoiding social media for know) that there are Bama fans calling for CKD to be fired.
Along the lines of your Ugly, my brother told me our D was OK the 1st half but… UT both dropped some passes and the QB missed some wide open receivers. He said they helped our D.

Good...the game is over
Bad...we lost
Ugly....don't have enough ink to post.

This shit is about to get ugly. Real ugly.

Kalen is about to learn the difference between the great northwest and F Alabama when it comes to football. This is a complete clusterfuck and there are a lot of moving parts.

Sark pulled is QB while our coach continues to send out the D/A over and over. Then again both of Sarks QB's are white so no problem. We can't do something that might offend the team. Right?

F um.

Good - again, basketball season is almost here.

Bad - I'm watching some of the highlights. Milroe continually makes questionable decisions every single time. He's athletic enough to get out of them, but he just doesn't have it between the ears. But it's not all on Milroe either. Defense forced three turnovers and Alabama converted none of them into points.

Ugly - this isn't a well coached team. No I'm not saying we need to fire CKD or anything like that. But after the season, reflect on what went wrong and why. Adjust to it. This team has looked poorly coached in multiple games and that isn't a good sign for the future IMO.

Good- attended my Granddaughter’s first birthday party, so my undivided attention wasn’t on this shitshow!!

Bad- Well, where do you begin? How many fucking false starts did we have? Run blocking? Pass protection? Jalen getting gun shy and reverting back to the Jalen of last year or giving his impression of ‘16 Jalen Hurts. He took his eyes off the field and focused on rushers.

Ugly- this bunch has no discipline! None whatsoever!! Add to the fact the SEC officiating sucks donkey balls and we are on the road, we were lucky we didn’t shatter the ‘22 total of penalties.
A lot of entitlement being shown by some players and some fans.
The transfer portal and NIL are the college version of the NFL’s free agency! I hate the NFL and this shit is quickly turning things sour for me and the college game.

Along the lines of your Ugly, my brother told me our D was OK the 1st half but… UT both dropped some passes and the QB missed some wide open receivers. He said they helped our D.
They did miss some shots down the field (over throws). The D played well against the run in the 1st half. Not so much in the 2nd half. 1st half the D got 3 turnovers. Two were forced by our D. The other was a bad throw by their backup QB who had to come in because their starter went out due to a minor injury.

Back
Top Bottom