| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. USF

Good- It was a win.

Bad- everything else

Ugly-13+ penalties and ball security in the 2nd half. OL play (run and pass blocking) was horrendous, Play calling especially pass plays. Why wait to the 4th qtr to give Milroe easier throws - screens, out patterns? Defense has some missed tackles.

If 57 was healthy enough to play in the 4th qtr why not earlier based on how much 75 was struggling. Come on if he is healthy enough play the guy. No way he could have done any worse.

Some things gonna need to change and in a hurry. We can out athletic Wisconsin, not Georgia. If the offense plays like they did for 3 and 1/2 quarters against Georgia, they gonna hang 70 on us.

Ok, back to reality. Flags, fumbles, blown coverages, lots of things need work.

But. Might have been exactly what needed to happen. Humble and hungry.

Some things gonna need to change and in a hurry. We can out athletic Wisconsin, not Georgia. If the offense plays like they did for 3 and 1/2 quarters against Georgia, they gonna hang 70 on us.

Ok, back to reality. Flags, fumbles, blown coverages, lots of things need work.

But. Might have been exactly what needed to happen. Humble and hungry.
Few things to remember:

USF had same game plan that Michigan had. To Pressure and blitz. They knew Jalen struggles with that. Tonight showed that Jalen hasn't improved from that.

We also saw that we still have issues with running inside with Fromby. I suspect OL will get better once Proctor comes back.

What I'm trying to figure out is why we didn't call for quick passes/screen plays to counter their blitzes...

Finally, some of the calls tonight was little questionable.

Few things to remember:

USF had same game plan that Michigan had. To Pressure and blitz. They knew Jalen struggles with that. Tonight showed that Jalen hasn't improved from that.

We also saw that we still have issues with running inside with Fromby. I suspect OL will get better once Proctor comes back.

What I'm trying to figure out is why we didn't call for quick passes/screen plays to counter their blitzes...

Finally, some of the calls tonight was little questionable.
What that tells me is that Milroe doesn't have a short passing game. I saw one screen play and it went for 10-15 yards, but had a block in the back I believe.

Our offense is throwing it deep, hand it off up the middle, Milroe on a sweep or draw or Milroe run for your life right now. Gotta get the short to intermediate passing game going. Bottom line. That opens up everything else. No one is scared of getting beat on a short pass because Milroe can't make that throw. At least in my eyes.

What that tells me is that Milroe doesn't have a short passing game. I saw one screen play and it went for 10-15 yards, but had a block in the back I believe.

Our offense is throwing it deep, hand it off up the middle, Milroe on a sweep or draw or Milroe run for your life right now. Gotta get the short to intermediate passing game going. Bottom line. That opens up everything else. No one is scared of getting beat on a short pass because Milroe can't make that throw. At least in my eyes.
Too soon to say that. He does have short game. He did show that several times tonight.

Good: the offense didn’t give up despite a historically poor performance through 3 quarters.

Bad: fundamentals, OL depth.

Ugly: WHY THE FUCK DID SHERIDAN KEEP ASKING MILROE TO STAY IN THE POCKET FOR LONG DEVELOPING PASS ROUTES WITH PATHETIC PASS PROTECTION??? With USF putting so many defenders in the box, where was the screens to the RB, quick slants to WRs, quick outs to TEs, QB roll outs with run-pass options, etc. With poor run blocking inside, why not try toss sweeps?? Why did we run plays into the short side of the field so much???

Back
Top Bottom