| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. WKU

Bad - WTH was going on in warmup to get injured enough to loose a starting player for the game, maybe more? More than likely would have happened during the game anyway.
Freak injury. He fell awkwardly in warmups and ended up "getting rolled." From what I'm told the trainers went under the shoulder pads...as if they were checking on the shoulder or collar bone. (I'm thinking the later.)

I'll have to do the math. Not right now.

They had about 20 or so plays that ran directly through Jalen. It accounts for ... guessing, 270 or more in total offense. I didn't like the sack: never do. But, that's a breakdown. It happens.

I hope you jump in on the weekends this season...not to say, "told ya," but to watch Jalen progress. It's a different chapter in Bama history but one that mirrors Hurts.

It's week one. You can't over react. But, I'll react with this...

This Bama team in week one would have beaten Ohio State, Georgia, and a number of other programs. I say that with a degree of confidence because they didn't show anything yesterday. It was all, "plain Jane football." I didn't see any more motion on offense than I saw under a guy like O'Brien. I didn't see stunts on defense.

I hate the term, "vanilla." But.
..ummm. That UGA team. Second half... looked good.
Find out in a few weeks..

Dabo needs to adjust or move on....

Dabo needs to adjust or move on....
You realize. You are saying what I've been telling you for a few years.

I'm going to say it again. He isn't a good guy. We're seeing another example.

He had success under Watson. Who, is not and wasn't a good guy. This is similar to Jimbo at FSU with Winston. A good QB who wasn't a good guy.

We've seen the same thing at Bama. It just so happens, Dabo was on that staff.

..ummm. That UGA team. Second half... looked good.
They didn't do anything special in the second half. If you look at the game thread you'll see where I questioned why they weren't attacking the perimeter because Clemson didn't have the players there.

UGA dinked and dunked all night. They were wearing out Clemson on running east to west. It just showed up in the second half. It wasn't special. It was football.

A few weeks ago I mentioned how teams were going to go through stretches of three and four games where one is going to come up and bite them in the ass. UGA's offensive line was an example of that yesterday. It was a "we're trotting out" mentality. (Va Tech did that with Vandy.)

Good... It appears the book can be closed on the Nick Saban Seniority System
Good...Somebody told the DL they could raise their arms when rushing passer
Good..Team speed on both sides of the ball

Bad...Dislocated shoulder for 74

Ugly..nothing

This bunch has a chance. Beating Wisconsin has to happen.

Not sure category....Milroe is Milroe and it doesn't matter who the OC nor QB coach. He can beat your team or his.

I'll have to do the math. Not right now.

They had about 20 or so plays that ran directly through Jalen. It accounts for ... guessing, 270 or more in total offense. I didn't like the sack: never do. But, that's a breakdown. It happens.

I hope you jump in on the weekends this season...not to say, "told ya," but to watch Jalen progress. It's a different chapter in Bama history but one that mirrors Hurts.

It's week one. You can't over react. But, I'll react with this...

This Bama team in week one would have beaten Ohio State, Georgia, and a number of other programs. I say that with a degree of confidence because they didn't show anything yesterday. It was all, "plain Jane football." I didn't see any more motion on offense than I saw under a guy like O'Brien. I didn't see stunts on defense.

I hate the term, "vanilla." But.
I think it's pretty obvious the talent level was the main difference. Western K was overmatched at every position.

We can out athletic teams like that with Milroe, all day. I just hope we don't think we can out athletic Georgia, Oklahoma or even Auburn. Hopefully he will progress into a qb.

I'm just pessimistic. Roll tide

And you wanted Dabo. I took Georgia and the spread for big money yesterday because I knew he wouldn't have that Clemson team ready. His time has passed.
If we had not have have gotten CKD (Which I’m happy we did) .. I was actually hoping for Leopold..or Klieman from KSU.. both know how to build winning programs and culture, too..

I think it's pretty obvious the talent level was the main difference. Western K was overmatched at every position.

We can out athletic teams like that with Milroe, all day. I just hope we don't think we can out athletic Georgia, Oklahoma or even Auburn. Hopefully he will progress into a qb.

I'm just pessimistic. Roll tide
I believe I understand where you are coming from. I also believe you are off the mark on Jalen.

As an example...how can you judge a QB on a spring (when he's wearing black, and going to a new install) when we don't know what we're going to see in the fall?

We saw nine attempts last night. In my view, we don't have a sample size to judge.

Good - Ryan Williams is a special WR. I think the receiving corp as a whole is going to be pretty good this season.

Bad- Penalties

Ugly - The 2 guys calling the game. Targeting my ass. Malaki didnt even make contact with the WR, how the hell is it targeting if you don't physically touch the guy.

Good - Ryan Williams is a special WR. I think the receiving corp as a whole is going to be pretty good this season.

Bad- Penalties

Ugly - The 2 guys calling the game. Targeting my ass. Malaki didnt even make contact with the WR, how the hell is it targeting if you don't physically touch the guy.
Can you just imagine the amount of money that is going to be thrown at Williams, after the season ends..The Texans and Oklahomans may give him an oil well..

Good... It appears the book can be closed on the Nick Saban Seniority System
Good..Team speed on both sides of the ball

Bad...Dislocated shoulder for 74

Ugly..nothing

This bunch has a chance. Beating Wisconsin has to happen.

Not sure category....Milroe is Milroe and it doesn't matter who the OC nor QB coach. He can beat your team or his.

This^
Several batted passes from a 6’7” QB - impressive!

Good-Not leaving the starters in past the halfway 3rd quarter..I always thought it was BS to leave starters in too long, with a game well in hand..I still remember losing one of the best players I’ve ever seen, Tyrone Prothro, for no damn good reason..

If I recall correctly Bama also lost Brodie for the season when they were way up on Western Carolina in 2005. I know it’s important to get game reps but I’m not so sure that’s true when your third team defense is far better than your opponents starters. Of course, that’s why I’m sitting here watching and not coaching.

Back
Top Bottom