| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. WKU

All good! Really enjoyed seeing the depth on defense. A lot of really solid D Lineman in the mix and they all seemed to have an impact. Russaw was awesome (Reminded me of Courtney Upshaw). Was surprised how many freshman earned roles already, those guys are talented! Between the youth and gained experience week to week, this could be a team that really improves as the season progresses. Especially as guys start to understand the new schemes. Fun team! RTR

Wanted to add a little to this on the positives that we will see from the shift of this staff to rotating and playing more guys...

Obviously, it = more guys getting reps and experience... It also lowers the chance of injury to starters (simply by having them in for less plays, especially when tired)... It also builds a confidence in the younger guys that they'll play even more and have bigger roles down the road by actions and not words (which come portal season will be very valuable in some cases).

Somewhere, in some thread, I mentioned "sample size." I was talking about Jalen with @Krimson I think. I think.

Been watching bits and pieces of the game and the one thing that catches my eye is Jalen and progressions. IE: Ryan's TD's weren't on the first read. CKD mentions this in his presser...

Get this. I want to look at his incompletions. There were two. So, gotta go to the games' play by play recording to find out where, then go to the game tape to find it...

He went seven for nine. So, not a lot of motivation to find those two right now.

I believe I understand where you are coming from. I also believe you are off the mark on Jalen.

As an example...how can you judge a QB on a spring (when he's wearing black, and going to a new install) when we don't know what we're going to see in the fall?

We saw nine attempts last night. In my view, we don't have a sample size to judge.

Guess we will find out. I am spoiled from our previous qbs, clearly. I have not felt like I needed to hold my breath when the qb drops back since 2014 maybe? We have had some really good decision makers at qb for a while now.

Not that Milroe made bad choices this past week, I'm just not sold yet for some reason.

I didn't like the sack: never do.

Watched the replay from a coaches angle on that one, Pritchett sets his feet way short and the guy goes past him with a speed rush, he attempts to save it by diving and pushing him instead of moving his feet.

Was a blindside sack, hard to argue that was Milroe's fault, he accounted for the blockers and expected the 1 on 1 to be good on his blindside, it wasn't. Results in a sack, wasn't because he held the ball too long he was by my accounts on his 3rd and final read before either taking off or dumping it off elsewhere.

I think Murray did a good job in that thread you posted of breaking down his issues, there's small issues with footwork, and pre-determining targets instead of reading. Also a few pre-snap reads that he just missed on.

Back
Top Bottom