| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. USF

Good —- getting the win, pulling away in the fourth quarter, long plays (Milroe, Williams, Miller & Haynes), Saban Field dedication, all the beautiful ladies in shorts and skirts 🥰

Bad —- leading 14-13 at the end of the third quarter

Ugly —- penalties, horrid performance by the o-line most of the game, fumbling at the four yard line, fumbling the second half kickoff, busted coverage on several South Florida deep balls that were touchdowns if they were on the money

Good - The defense actually. Yes, the tackling was downright bad at times. Yes, they bent a little but didn't break, and they really could have with how many times they were put in bad positions by the offense. They didn't though. USF practically lived in BAMA territory tonight and only came away with 16 points to show for it.

Bad - The offense. All facets of it until that 4th quarter surge.

Ugly - #75 is a true freshman, so I will go easy. It was a very very very ugly performance to watch and I know he knows it. It's a process and he will hopefully respond well to tonight and improve. That was ugly tho. Also Adams' arm injury. Hate it for the kid.

You all covered G/B n U

what i saw. Offense standing around. No rhythm. Picked it up late and started wearing USF out. Then USF started faking injuries But just running play clock way down. Before play
Slow stagnant offense

There are a lot of players focused on...themselves

Receveirs giving up on routes. Dont come back n help QB

Oline ..... ones not holding arent blocking. Lots of waving as their man runs by them

O yeah. Tackle someone not grab them...and hope they fall

This Saban love is great. But ...my gosh....we love u nick. Time to move on ...

Agreed on the bad. I think we are overly optimistic about that WKU win.
I think many on here prematurely had us great even before we played the first play. Can we be? Sure but not from the start. Maybe not even this year but time will tell as I always say. Do not want to overeact to a win when we play well or poorly so lets see how they respond going forward. Get more samples under their belt.

What I'm trying to figure out is why we didn't call for quick passes/screen plays to counter their blitzes...
This is definetly a head scratcher. Seemed to always have plays called down the field, either that or Milroe was forcing the issue by going down the field. At least in this game I was not a fan of the new OC.

Good- I was pleased with how the team finished in the 4th quarter, on both sides of the ball. Sure, some of it was USF being worn to a nub, but still... with little going right all night, to flip the switch and turn it on, even if late, was pleasing to see. Ryan Williams... kid is bonafide. Overall, I thought the defense did a pretty good job... offense put them in a couple of shitty situations and Byrum Brown is not an easy assignment by any stretch... though Bama certainly benefited from his inaccuracy tonight.

Bad- Turnovers. Only 2 games in, so it may not be fair to say this yet... but this team doesn't value the football as much as they should. On QB play, Milroe seemed to lose confidence as the issues and penalties piled up... really looked to me like it impacted his play, down to the fundamentals at times. A lot was asked of the OL tonight with the changes on the left side and early I thought they looked ok, but then Formby started having his issues... I did not see that coming. At least Pritchett showed a little something, coming in on a hurt ankle and giving what looked like some quality reps. Lastly, I don't think Sheridan did Milroe too many favors tonight... reminded me of some gameplans under O'Brien where we just kept hitting the same buttons and expected them to eventually work. And, eventually they did, but it felt like they wanted to soften up the defense up the middle and stretch the field vertically... maybe the penalties derailed it a bit, but I think there was much more on the table in the mid range game. I do believe they are trying to keep the screen game in their pocket until UGA week, and they showed it some tonight, but I would have liked to have seen a bit more of it plus some quick hitter stuff.

Ugly- The penalited have got to get cleaned up. Not seeing it on TV, it was hard to tell how many were ticky-tack, I think a couple were, but regardless, they have to get that fixed no later than the bye week. Penalty issues were one of the (very few) concerns that came with DeBoer from Washington. A good coaching staff should be able to fix those things... Overall, this a good staff, but they are going to have to focus on it a bit more. Also, USF players laying around on the field like dead cattle every time they got hurt. you can tell Golesh is from the Heupel tree of dipshits... I can't stand that shit. Unless you need an ambulance, get the fuck off the field. The greatest thing Saban ever did was win all those titles. The 2nd best thing he did was instill a toughness into the program where guys rarely laid on the turf like a green haired low-T soccer player from Peru... if they did, you knew it was serious.

After I go back and watch, I'm sure more will hit me... but for now, on to Wisconsin...

Good - The defense actually. Yes, the tackling was downright bad at times. Yes, they bent a little but didn't break, and they really could have with how many times they were put in bad positions by the offense. They didn't though. USF practically lived in BAMA territory tonight and only came away with 16 points to show for it.

Bad - The offense. All facets of it until that 4th quarter surge.

Ugly - #75 is a true freshman, so I will go easy. It was a very very very ugly performance to watch and I know he knows it. It's a process and he will hopefully respond well to tonight and improve. That was ugly tho. Also Adams' arm injury. Hate it for the kid.

Minor correction... he's a redshirt freshman, but your statement still holds water.

Good- It was a win.

Bad- everything else

Ugly-13+ penalties and ball security in the 2nd half. OL play (run and pass blocking) was horrendous, Play calling especially pass plays. Why wait to the 4th qtr to give Milroe easier throws - screens, out patterns? Defense has some missed tackles.

If 57 was healthy enough to play in the 4th qtr why not earlier based on how much 75 was struggling. Come on if he is healthy enough play the guy. No way he could have done any worse.

They wanted to get past this game to give him more time to heal up and not risk re-injury heading into Wisconsin.

Great: Nothing with Bama. Cal beating the wee bitty tiggers. Goodman crying alligator tears over the loss.

Good: Not Much with Bama. The cow patty u fans watching their war buzzards lose to Cal

Bad: A lot with Bama … me thinking Milroe was better than he actually is.

Ugly: OL play, turnovers, penalties and play calling. Me thinking Bama was better than they actually are.

Good- The 4th qt S&C program.. We “out-staminized” South Florida..
Bad- OL coaching? Our O-line was not designed to block like it is now.... We had to wait until SF got gassed to score.. but south Florida may be one of those very very good Cinderella teams this year (in the playoffs?)…So it may not be as bad as we think..
Ugly.. VOODOO SATURDAY!..A lot of humble pie served to a lot of anointed football programs, including us..The BIASED OFFICIALS!

Last edited:
200w.gif
Ugly: Listening to Tess and Jess. Where is Beth Mowins when you need her?

Good-Directv customer here, so I didn't watch. That was good thing as I didn't get to watch the fiasco of the first three and a half quarters. That being said, I still felt that Bama would win if they just quit f'n up. Sure enough, they came around and played as we know they can. ROLL TIDE!

Bad-I have SiriusXM on boom box at home, so I did get to listen to the fiasco.

Ugly-My mind returning to games past where this same kind of performance left me wondering...wtf?

ROLL TIDE!

I don't think Sheridan did Milroe too many favors tonight...
100% agree with this. Playing behind the chains with the 13+ penalties did not help. It still seemed like he kept calling the same shot plays and it was just not working. Hard to tell from the TV footage but was trying to see if it was just Milroe not taking what the D was giving him. When I was able to see the full field it appeared all of the routes were down the field so there was no dump down option.

Back
Top Bottom