| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. Jawga

Good- That 1st quarter was a thing of beauty. UGA was shell-shocked. They regrouped and made it a game, but that was fun to watch in the 1st half.

I may say it every week, but: RYAN WILLIAMS. His hands. His body control. Ridiculous.

Milroe extends his 2+ rushing TD’s and 2+ passing TD’s in a game streak to 4. 374 yards passing. 82% on completions. 117 rushing. Stud.

You guys notice an expansion in the playbook on both offense and defense tonight? I sure as hell hope so. If you’d been paying attention, it wasn’t a shock.

Averaged 9.1 yards per play in the 1st half. I’m not even gonna try to look it up, but I wonder when the last time UGA’s defense allowed that high of average in a half? 2020 Bama maybe was the closest? (Bama finished with 8.4 YPP)

OL pass protection... gave up 0 sacks and just 1 QB hurry. I don't care if they're playing Tarleton State, that's impressive. But against UGA? You just can not ask for more.

Attacking the edges to neutralize and wear out the middle of UGA’s defense was a really, really, solid plan. Credit to UGA for adjusting and taking a lot of it away after the half. Most teams would have quit at that point. The use of the TE's in the pass game... [chef's kiss]

Bama held UGA to just 3 of 15 on 3rd downs. Now, 4th down tries will be touched on later, but that's a sporty 3rd down % that has been a staple of this defense through 4 games. For the season, the Bama defense has a cartoonish 17% conversion rate. That'll translate to a lot of good things on most days.

Bad- DL has to win more matchups. Still way too inconsistent based on their level of talent. Getting pressure without having to bring extra numbers unlocks the final level of the overall abilities of this defense.

Way too cute with a couple of the trick plays on offense tonight considering the Tide was on their throat. Save those for Mercer. Or the spring game.

Said this after week 2, but Bama needs some different looks/plays in the red zone. Relying on Milroe’s legs too much there and good defenses like UGA won’t be fooled over and over by it. Still need Milroe involved, but that opens up more options as well.

Alabama had no interest in running clock in the 4th. No idea what the thinking there was. If they had been moving the ball, I get it. But they were getting nothing at the time while UGA was fire hot. A bad miscalculation which could have been a killer.

Ugly- UGA going 5 for 5 on 4th downs... Ouch. Beck played like Tom Brady when there was a 4 on the down maker, but Bama has got to get some of those stops next time. Bama had already given up 5 of 9 4th down tries coming into tonight. As good as the 3rd down stop % is, that's a problem.

10 penalties for 90 yards... too much.

Bama has got to keep the foot on the accelerator next time... that should be a learning opportunity for DeBoer... the SEC ain't the PAC-12 and UGA ain't USC. Some teams would have given up at half, but most of these SEC teams are built different. A lot of credit goes to UGA for forcing the issue, but the Tide staff needs to dissect that one well and see where they could have kept UGA on the mat.

A couple of notes:

Zabien Brown grew up a little tonight. That was some trial by fire shit and he walked it off.

Good to see Russaw back out there, and what a huge play he made on the strip of Beck.

Tonight, we saw glimpses of the potential of both of those football teams.

That game was like the ‘08 Blackout, but Part 2. The game followed a very similar script. Hopefully, the Alabama football machine will follow up with a similar 15 year run! LOL

Killed UGA's regular season win streak. All those wins going back to 2020, and Bama beat them 3 times during the ride.

DeBoer is a big game hunter who dishes out kill shots.

I close with a DeBoer quote: "Winners win because that's what winners do."

Good: We won & grew up some tonight.
Ask the barn, ole miss, or uga if they would rather switch with us.
This will probably pay off better down the road than it blow out would have,

An identity has been slowly forming over the last 2 games... you can see it coming together. If they keep cleaning up some of the mistakes, the young guys keep growing into their roles, and they continue to sharpen the edge on what they're already good at... this team will be a force to be reckoned with come December/January.

The good - Williams and Milroe … wow! Bama won. I can’t even begin to imagine how painful a loss in that situation would have been for this program. ESPN would have replayed the game a half dozen times a year infinitum.

The bad - not Williams or Milroe nor the o-line play nor Lawson.

The ugly - too much to list here … but giving up 5 4th down conversions, piss poor halftime adjustments and poor d-line play would all make the top of the list. And one other that I almost never mention - officiating. Typically if it’s bad it’s bad for both teams. Not so tonight. So, if someone like me thinks it bad it must have been really one sided bad.

Good: Milroe’s efficiency, accuracy. OL pass blocking. The offense utilizing, featuring even, Milroe’s running ability. Williams.

Bad: penalties, emotional composure, Milroe’s passing inside the red zone, lack of adjustments for the second game (USF was the first), OL run blocking, Law’s injury (he’s important IMO). That 3rd & 4 play when Haynes caught the ball and stopped his forward momentum to hit the defender rather than keep running toward the 1st down marker!

Ugly: @TerryP ’s overconfidence. 😛

63728D9E-B4BA-4E92-90D1-B269BE4B655B.jpeg

Good - the win, Milroe’s accuracy and recognition, and a raucous crowd.
Bad - the bad calls, horrendous non-calls, and us having the safety walked up while UGA is murdering us on deep balls.
Ugly- the puppies are 1-9 against Bama over their last ten games, and we account for their only three losses over their last 48 games. I’m not sure we’re living rent-free in their heads, but it’s clearly subsidized housing.

Good - 1st Quarter and 3/4 of the second quarter. Defense in the first half, and then 40 seconds left in the game. True freshmen grew up tonight. Grit from everyone. Ryan Williams, the guy I have talked about since his commitment. Unreal. Just spent $175 on his gear with athlete thread in the second quarter.

Bad - play calling with four minutes left in the first half and all of the second half, same for the last 3 minutes. Game was over and we played like fools. We played not to lose and Georgia played to win in the second half. Coaching staff has to learn to sever their hearts early and give them zero hope. We got cute and it almost costed us.

Ugly - luckily the officiating was bad on both sides and it did not cost us, but was fair. I do like them letting the defensive backs play and be physical. Us not getting called for not turning around on a few passes was huge.

In the end, so dawgone happy we won. Gah lee, I wanted this badly. Can't wait for thr kids to walk a little taller into school Monday. We gave out Rama Jama cups this week to all the shit talking teachers at the primary and middle school here in Madison. Giving it to all our travel teams tonight in the comments. Man, just gives us so much room. I sent them this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240929_000146_GroupMe.jpg
    Screenshot_20240929_000146_GroupMe.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 18
Good: Milroe’s efficiency, accuracy. OL pass blocking. The offense utilizing, featuring even, Milroe’s running ability. Williams.

Bad: penalties, emotional composure, Milroe’s passing inside the red zone, lack of adjustments for the second game (USF was the first), OL run blocking, Law’s injury (he’s important IMO). That 3rd & 4 play when Haynes caught the ball and stopped his forward momentum to hit the defender rather than keep running toward the 1st down marker!

Ugly: @TerryP ’s overconfidence. 😛

View attachment 29016
Let me make one comment here.

W.

I've been saying it for months.

Good - The first 18 minutes of the game for the offense. Defense played really well in the first half.

Bad - The next 40+ minutes of the game for the offense with the exception of 2 catches by the 17 year old.

Ugly - 4th down conversions by Georgia. Running Backs with a combined 11 carries and Milroe with 16. Wasted a scoring opportunity with an unsuccessful "trick" play

Exceptional - Ryan Williams....

We really got to give props to Bryant-Denny. That was the loudest I've heard it from start to finish and it seemed like everyone was having a blast.
I won’t be able to talk for days. It’s been a while since I left a game with nothing left in the tank. It’s so much easier to take with a W though. If Bama had lost that game, it’s all I would have heard about for years. Since I live in Georgia I’d much rather my throat hurts than my ears!

I mistakenly took two puppy fans with us and they’re not happy campers. In fact, they’re still holed up in their room! If they don’t hurry they may have to Uber back to Georgia. I only wish I had some obnoxious Bama flags on my car. Hearing those things flapping in the wind for the 2-1/2 drive would cause my friend’s eyes to twitch like Chief Inspector Dreyfus. It’s all in good fun … right?

Good - A huge win for our young team. Man! So proud for those guys and our coaching staff.

Bad - Ms. Terry choosing black to wear during her Guest Picker spot.

Ugly - Carson Beck. He could easily play a Nazi in a WW2 movie.

Roll Tide!
make him a little more "cock-eyed" & tell me that Bamabww isn't spot on!

Attachments

• beck.jpeg
    beck.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom