| FOOD Best BBQ in Alabama?

Last edited:
View attachment 5684

Thanks to a recommendation (and directions) from @bama alum & @psychojoe we tried this Alabaster BBQ today and it was delicious. No slaw on the sandwiches, which I thought was odd, but the BBQ with a thick red sauce, was very good. I'd gladly visit again if in the area and will try the ribs next time. Thanks guys for the recommendation.

Anyone eating at Buddy's is required to dine with @psychojoe . Major lapse in protocol.

Anyone eating at Buddy's is required to dine with @psychojoe . Major lapse in protocol.

In the interest of peace all is forgiven this time. In the future however, you now are fully aware of this requirement.

To err is human, to forgive divine..... Fair enough, I'll know better next time.

Believe me, I would have enjoyed it very much. While we were eating on the table outside, enjoying the beautiful scenery, two guys pulled up in separate cars Bama shirts and I actually thought it might be @psychojoe & @bama alum.

I should have come here and found a good place to eat Bar-B-Q in Mobile. But, when we got to Mobile the sky open up. But I saw a billboard going down about good bar-B-Q, called Dick Russell B-B-Q. Well, let me tell you, I had the B-B-Q pork plate it was sliced with the side, was cole slaw, B-B-Q beans and biscuits. The biscuits were the only thing that was good on the plate. The sauce wasn't the best I have tasted, out of the bottle would have been better. The cole slaw the same, the beans same too. The sauce left a very bad taste in my mouth. As we left the restaurant I told my wife, I think I would have a better taste if I lick the parking lot. Have anyone else been to this place and enjoy it? I would like to know if I was on a bad day?

I should have come here and found a good place to eat Bar-B-Q in Mobile. But, when we got to Mobile the sky open up. But I saw a billboard going down about good bar-B-Q, called Dick Russell B-B-Q. Well, let me tell you, I had the B-B-Q pork plate it was sliced with the side, was cole slaw, B-B-Q beans and biscuits. The biscuits were the only thing that was good on the plate. The sauce wasn't the best I have tasted, out of the bottle would have been better. The cole slaw the same, the beans same too. The sauce left a very bad taste in my mouth. As we left the restaurant I told my wife, I think I would have a better taste if I lick the parking lot. Have anyone else been to this place and enjoy it? I would like to know if I was on a bad day?

Maybe we need to do a guide for BBQ places in Alabama.

I've transitioned into a season the meat with salt & pepper guy with no sauce on my BBQ and use a good quality meat.

I'll try different places sauces just to see how they taste, sauce hides too much of the flavors I really care about.

I think Dreamlands sauce is second to none. I absolutely love the BBQ sauce. But in terms of ribs, Archibald is simply better. Awesome sandwich too.
Well, I got to try Archibald out the one at Greensboro Ave. I had the pull pork it was very good. I would go back and I will when I go back in June.

IMG_1743.jpg IMG_1744.jpg I know the title of this thread in Best BBQ in Alabama but I'll throw this joint in from Franklin, TN. We were headed to the Cool Springs Mall, just south of Nashville, and she Googled "Best BBQ in Franklin and this place came up. About 6 miles off I-65 but well worth the trip. The BBQ was delicious and they offered a white or red sauce with your sandwich. Besides the BBQ they have a smoked bologna sandwich too and, please forgive me, I liked it better than the BBQ. I had almost eaten it up when I thought to take a picture of it. Man, it was good.

Have another BBQ joint to recommend. There are several really good ones in the north Alabama quad cities area but we've visited this one several times and have never been disappointed. They have a hot dog with a mustard slaw that is really good. They put the mustard slaw on their BBQ sandwiches as well. Very nice. We buy the slaw to use on ham sandwiches as well.

IMG_4194.JPG

Back
Top Bottom