| FOOD Best menu item at each major fast food restaurant...

It does. This week.
The stupid things in life.

It's about three miles to the nearest "public" Chic-Fil-A. But, there's one tucked into the cafeteria section of Charleston Southern. That's about a half of a mile from the house. Now, There's a catch.

You have to tell the gate guards you are going to the library. Not to eat. I've tried both. Only the first one worked. And I'm alum.

On that note...I'll have to pull up my accounts to see what CSU charges in their cafeteria. I think it's $5.99. It's an endless buffet. Think about this. A Southern Baptist college cafeteria. Uh, yeah.

The stupid things in life.

It's about three miles to the nearest "public" Chic-Fil-A. But, there's one tucked into the cafeteria section of Charleston Southern. That's about a half of a mile from the house. Now, There's a catch.

You have to tell the gate guards you are going to the library. Not to eat. I've tried both. Only the first one worked. And I'm alum.

On that note...I'll have to pull up my accounts to see what CSU charges in their cafeteria. I think it's $5.99. It's an endless buffet. Think about this. A Southern Baptist college cafeteria. Uh, yeah.

The Covered Dish Cafe?

I don't know if this is true or not. I had someone tell me this morning you could get a chicken sandwich from McD's in 2019 for less than $2...it's now almost $5.

Still. $7+ for a sandwich? I'll bet I can buy a chicken and a maple tree for $7.
We are into duplicating at home. Made knock offs of the basic chik sand with breast & thighs. Use the knock off sauce from Walmart. The one from de-boned thigh was better. Plan ahead & marinate chicken over night in buttermilk, dill pickle juice.

I have found the pork chop biscuits to have just enough pork chop to tick someone off. Usually tough & dry to boot. Guess that I’m a breakfast snob as I generally don’t eat gravy unless I make it.

If the biscuit is good, I don't have an issue with that. But if it's a bad biscuit day... I really need more porkchop. Back in the 80's... the best fast food biscuit was the country ham biscuit at Hardees... and that ham was usually the size of a saltine cracker... but those old ladies made the biscuits so good, it didn't matter. While the ham was good, it was a compliment. Their butter biscuit was even a HR back in the day... with a little grape or strawberry jelly to go with it.

If the biscuit is good, I don't have an issue with that. But if it's a bad biscuit day... I really need more porkchop. Back in the 80's... the best fast food biscuit was the country ham biscuit at Hardees... and that ham was usually the size of a saltine cracker... but those old ladies made the biscuits so good, it didn't matter. While the ham was good, it was a compliment. Their butter biscuit was even a HR back in the day... with a little grape or strawberry jelly to go with it.
The last really good biscuit that I had from Jack's was in Muscle Shoals. I was told the morning crew had been there a couple of decades. They moved it from near the Lowes to the new bridge road. It was still good but not as good. Hardee's is a coin toss. Seems the more the asses show & the longer the nails get on the employees, the crappier food & service gets. Sausage & egg biscuit is my go to.

The last really good biscuit that I had from Jack's was in Muscle Shoals. I was told the morning crew had been there a couple of decades. They moved it from near the Lowes to the new bridge road. It was still good but not as good. Hardee's is a coin toss. Seems the more the asses show & the longer the nails get on the employees, the crappier food & service gets. Sausage & egg biscuit is my go to.

I've stopped going to Hardees unless I'm with someone that wants their food. I used to go to the one on 15th St. sometimes before an early class or on a Sat before a game for breakfast... they got so bad with the quality and service that I just quit going to any of them. Mostly, the biscuits at the Jacks locations near me are pretty decent. Bojangles is hit or miss, but their biscuit ceiling is higher and their floor is lower. At some point over the last 5-10 years, Chick-fil-A has improved on theirs.. a lot. They are much less dry than they used to be, and they are very consistent, but still not as good as they should be for a restaurant based out of Atlanta...

Back
Top Bottom