| FOOD Best menu item at each major fast food restaurant...

I'll have to drive into Goose Creek to see if it is still open. I am pretty sure it is, but not at the same prices.

Alex's in Goose Creek, SC. The had a 4X4X4. It was $4, whatever. Two links of sausage and two pieces of bacon? 4. Two slices or toast? Half of four.

There was a place on Remount going into the Navy base called 'Pappy's." $2.99 breakfast with the meats. It was like the the old City Cafe.

Every time I order the spicy deluxe sammich, the cheese is never melted. Ever.
I've never had one. I'll make it a point.

It wasn't a joke about the baby oil. When I was a kid I watched my dad do the same thing for images for Steak & Shake, DQ, Arby's, and several more than were under the Sybra umbrella.

BTW, spell Sybra backwards and you get ...

I'd say that there's a better chance of the cheese being melted if it were to sit in the chute under a heat lamp, over the sandwich being just made with cheese that's fresh out of a refrigerator and handed right to you.

Don't disagree with that at all. If the meat were a little bit hotter, the cheese would melt a little. When I see that though, I know it was just made and not sitting under a heat lamp.

While it wasn’t planned, I was right by Chick-fil-A a bit ago and it was close enough to supper I stopped by. Went ahead and tried the new sandwich. Gotta say, it was better than I was expecting. Much better, actually. Now, I did opt for the fried chicken instead of grilled (which also knocked off almost $1 for some reason). Total though for the sandwich was $7.25.

Also, perhaps one reason it was good, I was blessed with a tremendously generous sized piece of chicken.

Awkward in truck photo:

IMG_0717.jpeg

While it wasn’t planned, I was right by Chick-fil-A a bit ago and it was close enough to supper I stopped by. Went ahead and tried the new sandwich. Gotta say, it was better than I was expecting. Much better, actually. Now, I did opt for the fried chicken instead of grilled (which also knocked off almost $1 for some reason). Total though for the sandwich was $7.25.

Also, perhaps one reason it was good, I was blessed with a tremendously generous sized piece of chicken.

Awkward in truck photo:

View attachment 28003St
Still. $7+ for a sandwich? I'll bet I can buy a chicken and a maple tree for $7.

Half price quarter pound cheeseburger at Sonic Wednesday. I think it's a buck fifty plus tax. Seven dollar sandwichs...nope. Not gonna do it.

This is like going to Five Guys, having a burger, and getting a bag of fries.

And yes, I will go buy one to see what it taste like...and I might ask for an orgy.

Back
Top Bottom