| FOOD Best BBQ in Alabama?

Best BBQ IMO is a shed on the side of the road between Calera and Jemison. Tin Top BBQ. It is exactly 4 miles south of the old Calera High school on Highway 31. Community called Minooka. Really good ribs and I hear his half a smoke chicken is legit as well.......He is always out of chicken when I get there.

A few weeks ago on PBS on the Alabama station did best of B-B-Q in Alabama. Some very good information about it too. Did you all know that Dreamland almost became a gravel yard? I didn't. First off I want to go to any B-B-Q place in Alabama to find the best place that I think is good eat. Awhile back someone posted about Bob Sykes and I got one of cards from them. Some of the places I have tried in Bama: Jim & Nick Good, Full Moon Good, Golden Rule it was in Oxford at the time. Good.**( A side note about Full Moon last Friday I had to go to Montgomery to the VA. So coming back, I ask my granddaughter where would she like to eat at. She told me she didn't care. So I pick Full Moon in Opelika, Al. Just before we order five guys ahead of us were ordering,I really didn't pay any attend to them. But, after we eat, I saw the manages coming over to their table, with Full Moon fan and to take pictures. That's when I saw who was sitting at the table I didn't know who the four young men were, but the old coot, I know by the voice. If I told you who it was I would be kick off here! I can tell you this he once coach at Alabama. That all I'm going to say!)

Tried Bob Sykes for the first time on Saturday, it was good but not great. Pulled pork was decent but far from the best I've had. Since I've been in Birmingham Golden Rule has become my go to. Saw's is a close second. Hard for anyone to beat Brook's from back in my hometown in the Shoals though. Only one that has so far is the original Archibald's.

Big Bag Wolves

46a257d6bc482beac1304d4d47a3afd6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom