| RECRUIT ALABAMA'S 2020 Signing Class - Wednesday opens final signing days

Javion Cohen. A name to watch, closely.

247's page isn't close to being accurate here.
Tim Watts saying Javion Cohen is currently a Bama lean
Personally, I'd call it more than a lean. I can understand Tim being cautious with his wording. Unless something unexpected happens he's flipping and from what I'm led to understand they've (AU) have been expecting it for a month or so now.

I quoted the earlier post referring to 247's site. When I glanced at that Monday, Alabama wasn't on the board. It was all Auburn (80 something percent) and a fraction for UofSC. Today, Bama's on the board. I mention this because there's one hidden Crystal Ball, and it's from an Auburn reporter picking Bama. His pick came in yesterday.

Both of these I find interesting ...
Jordan Burch - Burch's in-home with Coach Saban went very well and he has his mother's blessing to go to Bama if he decides to... As of right now, it's expected he'll decide between South Carolina, Bama and UGA

"insider" talk
He's one of those that attended the cookout.

Seeing these three I wonder where "they" have Clemson. I'm not suggesting they're leading, but I do have the impression he's going to be hard to pull out of state. It's been my impression Bama has been behind UofSC and Clemson as well as UGA.
Arian Smith @ArianSmith2 · 4h
I will be signing this December!

Coach Banks visited Arian today. Ive heard Arian has legitimate Ruggs speed.
Recruiting pitch from Kirbs ... "we don't have the talent at WR we need." If you saw his press conference following the LSU game that was his "line" about why UGA struggled in that game. "We had four NFL receivers last year and we don't have that this season." {sic} I'm not going to go look for the video. If I run across it this morning I'll post it here. It's arguable it was a "throwing receivers under the bus" kind of tone which led me to thing "where's the development." 🤷‍♂️

I'm left with the impression whomever is leading is trying to lock him down, quickly. Back in the summer and early fall he was all about signing in February. I'm also wondering where Florida is in all of this.

I don't have a lot of confidence Bama is in this one.

Contrast the reasons why statement... Doesn't that say everything you need to know about the difference in these two programs? Dad likes him ($$$), versus they get your ready for life. What moron if they have a choice would choose the barn over bama?

quote:
Auburn and Alabama are locked in a close race to land the Oxford (MS) standout. “It’s tied right now. They’re both telling me how they can use me attached and off and use me as a QB when it’s 4th and 1.”

Why might Pegues pick the Tigers? “Just because everybody always talks about how good they are, not just the football team, but how great it is to be there at Auburn. Just knowing that Coach Porter (tight ends) coached my dad and I know that he liked him.”

The Tide also is in his thoughts a lot. “Just because I know they get you mentally and physically prepared. They try to help you have a successful life after football, just teach you ways to do the right things.

Not Bama recruiting news but it does contain info about a couple of recruits Bama is after.

LSU “insider”

Since we're a week away... here's who I expect to be processed... Not something I normally like to do but I feel fairly confident on these and some are pretty obvious.

Johnson - already opened things back up
Camron- Greyshirt or no dice
Clowney- Just didnt keep developing

Possibly one or two more depending on how some things swing. I'll let yall know them if the situation arises, too.

On Evans, who the hell knows anymore. He has committed already, but he's still doing shite behind our backs so either he signs or he don't...

Webb and Dumervil, both Tigers.

Burch, I'll let you know after the week, but gun to my head and have to pick I'm starting to lean he stays closer to home even though LSU is where he said he wants to be.

Just like when we beat Bama, the phones are blowing up like crazy. If we don't get Evans we won't skip a beat in getting an elite RB.

Recruiting pitch from Kirbs ... "we don't have the talent at WR we need." If you saw his press conference following the LSU game that was his "line" about why UGA struggled in that game. "We had four NFL receivers last year and we don't have that this season." {sic} I'm not going to go look for the video. If I run across it this morning I'll post it here. It's arguable it was a "throwing receivers under the bus" kind of tone which led me to thing "where's the development." 🤷‍♂️

Here is something that was posted by a Georgia guy that supports your thinking. A breakdown of the recruiting rankings of Georgia vs LSU wide receivers.

”#13 Robertson, #24 Pickens, #36 Blaylock, #130 Jackson, #196 Bush, #196 Tongue, #324 Blount, #346 Cager, #383 Simmons,

#13 Marshall, #84 Chase, #112 Palmer, #126 Sullivan, #166 Dillon, #166 Lee, #448 Jenkins, #608 McMath, #2164 Jefferson

Yet LSU's receivers look like world beaters and apparently our receivers can't run proper route patterns or catch the damn ball.

Give me a break on blaming receiving depth. Blame the damn coaching. Looking at you Cortez Hankton.“

Alright fellas.... Getting caught up on some of these cats.

I need to know where we are planning on playing this Drew Sanders cat? I remember watching some tape when he flipped to us... I just watched some more and this M'fer is absolutely freakish. I personally would love to see him at OLB, mostly because we have so many weapons on O that TE or H Back would seem like to small of a role. That dude is scary athletic, mean, and smart for his size. Also is he enrolling early? Hope so....

RTR

Demouy Kennedy. I have no idea if he will be able to handle if all mentally, but physically he looks like everything we need at ILB. Legit speed... Hits like a wild man...And has the longer/leaner frame to cover ground but isn't built like a bean pole. Really excited about him... RTR

Alright fellas.... Getting caught up on some of these cats.

I need to know where we are planning on playing this Drew Sanders cat? I remember watching some tape when he flipped to us... I just watched some more and this M'fer is absolutely freakish. I personally would love to see him at OLB, mostly because we have so many weapons on O that TE or H Back would seem like to small of a role. That dude is scary athletic, mean, and smart for his size. Also is he enrolling early? Hope so....

RTR

It was my understanding he'd play outside linebacker from the conversations.

Thing that stuck out with me was this:

Cohen said he started leaning toward Alabama over Auburn when he felt the situation with the Crimson Tide would be better than potentially playing early at Auburn. He said his dream is to play in the NFL, and he felt playing for the Crimson Tide could make that happen.

Good to see kids thinking less about playing right away and more about the long term.

I personally would love to see him at OLB, mostly because we have so many weapons on O that TE
Good lord do they need a good TE ... but we'll leave that alone.
I need to know where we are planning on playing this Drew Sanders cat? I
It was my understanding he'd play outside linebacker from the conversations.
Casey is bat with a dinger!

His is one of the recruiting stories I like to hear. As an OU commit he was going to play tight end. That's what he wanted to do and that's how the OU staff pitched him.

Enter Saban and Bama and they're recruiting him as a linebacker. As his high school coach was discussing Drew he mentioned how much he wanted to play TE but following that by mentioning how Drew's father (on his sons's team's staff) and Drew begin to look at the future; the bigger picture if you will.

Call me an old sap if you like ... it's these types of stories in recruiting that keep my attention each season. To me, I see coachability, ya know?

Back
Top Bottom