| RECRUIT In-state 2024 3-star TE Jay Lindsey commits to Alabama

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
In-state 2024 3-star TE Jay Lindsey commits to Alabama

1693330227387.png
3-star Jay Lindsey (Butler, AL) is commit No. 19 for Alabama's 2024 class. The in-state tight end picked the Crimson Tide after decommitting from Mississippi State last Saturday.

The 6-foot-6, 235-pounder is the No. 46 TE and No. 37 prospect in Alabama, per the 247Sports Composite Rankings. He is the second commit at the position joining 4-star Caleb Odom (Carrollton, GA).

"It's the just development that the coaches and staff are willing to put into you," Lindsey said. "I don't think you will get developed anywhere else better than Alabama. You go there to play for the best and against the best."

Lindsey had been committed to the Bulldogs since April, but picked up an offer from the Crimson Tide on June 15 following camp. He has been on campus two times since the offer.

"It's a dream," Lindsey told Bama247 about picking up the offer. "I grew up and Alabama fan, grew up watching them and it's very special. It was really cool."

Tight ends coach Joe Cox led the charge on Lindsey's recruitment. The two talked "nearly every day" and Lindsey tells Bama247 he sees himself playing under Cox and offensive coordinator Tommy Rees' scheme.

"They run a lot of 12 personnel which is two tight ends and that's huge," he told Bama247.

He "fell in love" with Alabama. The Lindsey family is all Crimson Tide fans and he grew up watching Alabama and going to Tuscaloosa for games.

"I want(ed) to go somewhere I feel like the coaching staff is going to develop me to my full potential," Lindsey told Bama247 earlier. "I want(ed) to be somewhere where I have a good relationship with my position coach too."

Lindsey will be in Tuscaloosa for the Texas game on September 9. We are tracking a long list of expected visitors that weekend HERE.

Alabama has a top-five class for the 2024 cycle with 18 commitments including 5-stars Jaylen Mbakwe (CB) and Julian Sayin (QB). The class has 4-stars Zabien Brown (CB), Caleb Odom (TE), Jeremiah Beaman (DL), Casey Poe (IOL), Peyton Woodyard (S), Cayden Jones (LB), Sterling Dixon (EDGE), Jameer Grimsley (CB), Rico Scott (WR). 3-stars Justin Okoronkwo (LB), Amari Jefferson (WR), Rydarrius Morgan (S), Isaia Faga (DL), Joseph Ionata (IOL), Dre Kirkpatrick Jr. (S), William Sanders (IOL) and Jay Lindsey (TE) round out the current class.

Back
Top Bottom