| RECRUIT ALABAMA'S 2020 Signing Class - Wednesday opens final signing days

Coming off Alabama OV, Webb focusing on three schools
9556872.jpg

Alabama got four-star LB Phillip Webb on campus for what is likely the last official visit of his recruitment. “It was really good. I kind of got to see the coaches in a different way. It was just good spending a lot of time down there.”

Webb's hosts were Shane Lee and Patrick Surtain II. “They told me they really enjoy it. They said you can come in and get some good playing time as a true freshman. I feel like we have kind of the same personality, so that’s what I really enjoyed. ”Webb also spent time with fellow official visitors Javion Cohen and Alabama pledge Timothy Smith.

“Probably the highlight moment was going to (Nick) Saban’s house and going to the lake,” Webb said. Saban used his in-home last Wednesday evening. Bama will be back this week, but Webb isn’t sure which day. “It was really cool,” he said of having Saban at his house.

With no visit plans for next weekend, Webb will now focus on making his decision. “I’ve still got two more in-home visits and I’ll see from there. I’m just focusing on Bama, Florida, and LSU. It’s really close with them. This Bama visit really gave me a lot to think about.”

4-star LB Phillip Webb 6-3.5/224 GA hudl

Sounds like LSU may have a slight edge for Webb

Cohen breaks down Alabama OV, what will go into final decision
9122145.png

Auburn OT commit Javion Cohen took what was likely the last visit of his recruitment to Bama this weekend. “It was real nice. I learned a lot about the program and everything, about the coaching staff, everybody was very respectful towards me and my parents. It was a real eye-opener.”

It was a combination of spending time with host Evan Neal and OL coach Kyle Flood that Cohen says were the highlight moments. "We just sat down and talked about Bama football, giving me insight on what to expect when I get there. Also, sitting with Coach Flood in that meeting room, watching film. I loved that."

Cohen also spent time with the Tide commits on their official visits this weekend. “Jamil (Burroughs), Malachi (Moore), Jah-Marien (Latham), Kristian (Story)... Plus, my boy Phillip (Webb) came. They're good guys, all of them."

What was Nick Saban’s message? "The many things I’d have there to help build young men. Winning just comes along with how well they do that. That was his most important thing — me becoming a young man, graduating in three years and developing into a good person. That really stuck out to me and my parents.”

How will Cohen go about deciding whether he wants to go to Alabama or Auburn? “I believe in just leaving it up to God. I know the answer will come to me through prayer."

4-star OL Javion Cohen 6-5/295 AL hudl

12/18-12/20 - Early Signing Period

02/02-02/02 - Quiet Period - No off-campus.

02/03-02/29 - Dead Period - No face-to-face.

02/05-04/01 - National Signing Day / Period

Under 10 days till Early Signing Day !

5* TE Darnell Washington 6-7.5/261 NV hudl

Few hints behind the pay wall that Bama has closed the gap on uga for Washington. Surge from SECR who is pretty plugged in thinks Tinos tweet from Dec 4 could have been hinting that Bama will land Washington in the early signing period.

Hopefully we get him. His tape is unbelievable. Preferred Gilbert due to behavioral issues with Washington, but hoping for his own future we can get him and help him out. We need a pass catching tight end big time.

Coming off Alabama OV, Webb focusing on three schools
9556872.jpg

Alabama got four-star LB Phillip Webb on campus for what is likely the last official visit of his recruitment. “It was really good. I kind of got to see the coaches in a different way. It was just good spending a lot of time down there.”

Webb's hosts were Shane Lee and Patrick Surtain II. “They told me they really enjoy it. They said you can come in and get some good playing time as a true freshman. I feel like we have kind of the same personality, so that’s what I really enjoyed. ”Webb also spent time with fellow official visitors Javion Cohen and Alabama pledge Timothy Smith.

“Probably the highlight moment was going to (Nick) Saban’s house and going to the lake,” Webb said. Saban used his in-home last Wednesday evening. Bama will be back this week, but Webb isn’t sure which day. “It was really cool,” he said of having Saban at his house.

With no visit plans for next weekend, Webb will now focus on making his decision. “I’ve still got two more in-home visits and I’ll see from there. I’m just focusing on Bama, Florida, and LSU. It’s really close with them. This Bama visit really gave me a lot to think about.”

4-star LB Phillip Webb 6-3.5/224 GA hudl

Sounds like LSU may have a slight edge for Webb

He's been a heavy Auburn lean for a while, but I know his LSU visit went a long ways with him. We have a solid chance I feel, even though on 247 they have Crystal Balls for him to LSU. Maybe we can steal one from them like they did with Gilbert from us.

He's been a heavy Auburn lean for a while, but I know his LSU visit went a long ways with him. We have a solid chance I feel, even though on 247 they have Crystal Balls for him to LSU. Maybe we can steal one from them like they did with Gilbert from us.
Where are you getting "heavy Auburn lean?" While he has one official visit left, he canceled his official with Auburn for this past weekend.

A few weeks ago I would have said "LSU all the way." After his official visit to Alabama I'd say the Tide are definitely in the picture. As these things go, reports are he and his mom had a good visit to Tuscaloosa. I'd have to go count to be sure here. I'm thinking that makes the fourth time he's been in Tuscaloosa this season: Junior Day camp, two unofficials and an official visit.

Who makes the decision is the question in my view. Is it mom's influence or does Webb make his own?

Thanks! A lot of time and effort used here.

I brought the model over that TidalSurge built elsewhere. Surge was the mod over at Tidesprotz way back before the paywall went up. He, much like TerryP here is one of the best Bama posters on the internet. (Terry and Surge are the GOAT Bama posters I've ever come across in my online Bama travels)

Surge also was key in building the recruiting forum at the old Woolly that TideStalker, BIH, CC, Bam, and myself worked on for several years that was top notch.

I know he has been fed up with some of the asshats at the other site, and I think he would much prefer this site, and its much superior format/software. I hope he finds this place one day once he finally gets fed up and starts posting here.

Anyhow this site is really nice, and the info in this thread will help some of the recruiting folk here.

Where are you getting "heavy Auburn lean?" While he has one official visit left, he canceled his official with Auburn for this past weekend.

A few weeks ago I would have said "LSU all the way." After his official visit to Alabama I'd say the Tide are definitely in the picture. As these things go, reports are he and his mom had a good visit to Tuscaloosa. I'd have to go count to be sure here. I'm thinking that makes the fourth time he's been in Tuscaloosa this season: Junior Day camp, two unofficials and an official visit.

Who makes the decision is the question in my view. Is it mom's influence or does Webb make his own?

Excuse me, for a bulk of his recruitment it was Auburn. Like I said, until he went to LSU. He's a quiet dude, but Auburn was after him big time for s while and he was big on them.

Excuse me, for a bulk of his recruitment it was Auburn. Like I said, until he went to LSU. He's a quiet dude, but Auburn was after him big time for s while and he was big on them.
I don't pay a lot of attention to these guys until camps. As of June of this year and his attendance Auburn has been in the mix, but no one that I "listen to" has labeled him as an Auburn lean. It's not a big deal either way. I'm curious and asked "where were you getting that from." Simple question, Casey.

He really became more than a blip on the radar in July: coincidentally due to a conversation I had on my birthday about what had happened with his visit to Tuscaloosa during one of the Champions cookouts.

We all look at kids and their recruitment differently. I still look for two things: one the visits. And, as you well know, when we see a kid invited to one of the cookouts you know it's a major target.

FWIW, as I recall, about a month ago was his first visit to Auburn and that was roughly a year after his offer. I know he's been to UT more than he's been to Auburn and they aren't in the picture. You see, it doesn't click with me to see "major interest in Auburn" and he's not been visiting there when given the opportunities.

Any chance you're getting Tigers confused? Clemson for Auburn, maybe?

Again, not a big deal...you're just saying things I've not seen nor heard.

I don't pay a lot of attention to these guys until camps. As of June of this year and his attendance Auburn has been in the mix, but no one that I "listen to" has labeled him as an Auburn lean. It's not a big deal either way. I'm curious and asked "where were you getting that from." Simple question, Casey.

He really became more than a blip on the radar in July: coincidentally due to a conversation I had on my birthday about what had happened with his visit to Tuscaloosa during one of the Champions cookouts.

We all look at kids and their recruitment differently. I still look for two things: one the visits. And, as you well know, when we see a kid invited to one of the cookouts you know it's a major target.

FWIW, as I recall, about a month ago was his first visit to Auburn and that was roughly a year after his offer. I know he's been to UT more than he's been to Auburn and they aren't in the picture. You see, it doesn't click with me to see "major interest in Auburn" and he's not been visiting there when given the opportunities.

Any chance you're getting Tigers confused? Clemson for Auburn, maybe?

Again, not a big deal...you're just saying things I've not seen nor heard.

I didn't mean any of that in a negative way. I was meaning to stand with you that he has been high on LSU for a month or two since his visit. Sorry if you took that as me getting feisty. I had heard that from a buddy of mine that is in that community of Sugar Hill and what he was hearing, as well as what Rivals and 247 were saying on top of it. I follow Georgia recruits a little deeper than others because I live here, so he's been on the scene for a while and a guy we have been tracking as best as casual observers can.

Back
Top Bottom