| RECRUIT Bama Football Recruiting

Ranking the Top 50 Early CFB Recruiting Signees

quote:
46. JoJo Earle, Aledo, Texas (Aledo HS) Wide Receiver

Height/Weight: 5'9½", 170 pounds

1 Thing to Know: One of the most explosive dynamos in the nation pulled a fast one on LSU when he flipped from the Bayou Bengals to hated rival Alabama on the first day of the early signing period, giving the Crimson Tide a huge weapon. Somebody must have shown him Jaylen Waddle's highlight tape.

quote:
38. Jacorey Brooks, Bradenton, Florida (IMG Academy) Wide Receiver

Height/Weight: 6'3", 185 pounds

1 Thing to Know: Brooks hopes to follow in the footsteps of Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy and others in Bama's fraternity of Florida receivers. Brooks played at two high school powerhouses, finishing his senior season at IMG Academy with 16 catches for 305 yards and five touchdowns in five games. As a junior, he eclipsed 1,000 receiving yards while helping Miami's Booker T. Washington to a state title.

quote:
21. Ga'Quincy McKinstry, Pinson, Alabama (Pinson Valley HS) Cornerback

Height/Weight: 6'0½", 180 pounds

1 Thing to Know: The elite cornerback, nicknamed "Kool-Aid," played with Auburn quarterback Bo Nix at Pinson Valley High School and is a dynamic athlete. The mid-term enrollee has already suited up for the Crimson Tide after being in Tuscaloosa for mere weeks, but not for Nick Saban. He is playing hoops for Nate Oats' upstart basketball team.

15. Damon Payne, Alabama

Belleville, Michigan (Belleville HS) Defensive Tackle

Height/Weight: 6'3½", 297 pounds

What to Know:

Belleville defensive tackle Damon Payne will go down as someone who got away from Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh. Rather than stay in-state, he's heading to Tuscaloosa to join head coach Nick Saban.

Saban can go anywhere in the country, flash the script A and his national championship rings and get a prospect's attention. Payne could be one of the next in a long line of star defensive linemen for a group that is stacked in the 2021 class.

Payne's high school team entered the season ranked first in the state, but it lost in the semifinals to Donovan Edwards' West Bloomfield team that eventually won the state title. It probably still hurts for Payne, but he will put it behind him and could get on the field right away as a true freshman in Tuscaloosa.

9. Tommy Brockermeyer, Alabama

Fort Worth, Texas (All Saints Episcopal HS) Offensive Tackle

Height/Weight: 6'6¼", 283 pounds

What to Know:

There's no question Tommy Brockermeyer comes from a football family, and it's one that was dyed in the wool burnt orange until this year.

His father, Blake, played on the offensive line for the Longhorns before heading to the NFL. His brother, Luke, is a linebacker for Texas as well. But Tommy and his brother, top-ranked center James, are heading to Tuscaloosa to play for the national champions.

Brockermeyer will team with JC Latham to provide a formidable duo anchoring the future of the Crimson Tide's offensive line.

It could be a while before Brockermeyer lives up to his massive expectations. A torn labrum cost him his entire junior season, and the COVID-19 pandemic kept him out of the spring before his senior season started. Getting in a strength and conditioning program like the one at Alabama will be huge.

quote:
7. Dallas Turner, Alabama

Fort Lauderdale, Florida (Saint Thomas Aquinas HS) Weak-Side Defensive End

Height/Weight: 6'4", 245 pounds

What to Know:

There is no bigger powerhouse in the state of Florida than St. Thomas Aquinas High School, and that includes IMG Academy.

Dallas Turner is the latest in a long line of superstars to come out of the school, and he led them to a record 12th state title this year. They beat Orlando Edgewater and Turner's future teammate at Alabama, Christian Leary, back in December.

It's going to be fun to watch Turner develop under the top defensive-minded coach in all of college football. Players largely go to 'Bama these days because it's an NFL pipeline, but battling for the national title every year is a nice byproduct, too.

Turner is an aggressive playmaker on defense, and he could play defensive end or outside linebacker for the Crimson Tide. He likely projects as a rangy, pass-rushing linebacker much like Will Anderson Jr. was in 2020 as a standout freshman. Turner could be next.

quote:
2. JC Latham, Alabama

Bradenton, Florida (IMG Academy) Offensive Tackle

Height/Weight: 6'6", 305 pounds

What to Know

A few years ago, JC Latham expected to be a hot college prospect as a defensive lineman. But after a few of his teammates on the offensive line suffered injuries, he flipped to that side, according to Bama Insider's Andrew Bone.

Two years later, Latham is one of the best players in the nation.

As a sophomore, Latham helped lead Catholic Memorial (in Waukesha, Wisconsin) to a Division 3 State Championship. Then he transferred to IMG, where he switched positions and developed into a future can't-miss NFL star.

He will develop as well as anybody at Alabama, and it isn't out of the question for him to start as a freshman. He's going to be one of the best prospects in the nation.

Elite QB Ty Simpson sets decision date (BOL)

9969242.jpeg

As a junior Bob amassed 31 solo tackles, 23 assists, 9 tackles for a loss and 9 sacks, two force fumbles, 11 hurries, and blocked two blocked kicks in only half a season's work due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Trying to get caught up on some of these cats...

-Kaine Williams' is an imposing looking DB! He runs fast, hits hard. HS tape isn't the best quality unfortunately but the physicality, speed, and LA routes kind of bring me back to Hootie Jones.

-Devanta Smith - He's a fun little player! Scouts had him at 6'0, don't know how realistic that is, but he covers a ton of ground. Not physically imposing but looks like great instincts and so quick to the ball. Looks like he's got explosive WR type of speed as a DB. Could be next in line of those smaller DB's that are sticky and always around the ball... Like Moore & Branch this year.

-Anquin Barnes - Just too big & athletic to pass up! He looks powerful and pretty explosive for his size. Every year I'm amazed at his impressive these DL's we sign are, and he's no different. What I really like about him is he looks like he could play that 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT... And if the staff sees fit, put on some lbs and grow into a nose guard. And if there's no room for him on the DL, he doesn't look bad on the OL either! The ranking is a little surprising after watching him play, but hopefully he comes in with an edge & ready to prove himself.

Question on 2021 commit Walter Bob... First off, I love the name. Secondly, what position is he going to fit into at UA? In his film he's playing 4-3 DT and some 3-4 DE.... He's listed at 6-4 245 lbs... So I'm guessing he bulks up and plays DE, as opposed to squeezing him into the OLB/Edge rusher role?

Good looking player! I like the idea of a lighter but still strong pass rushing DE. Would be nice to have those options on the roster... Just interesting to see a guy like him in the class, he doesn't fit into the normal profile of dudes that CNS recruits. RTR

Question on 2021 commit Walter Bob... First off, I love the name. Secondly, what position is he going to fit into at UA? In his film he's playing 4-3 DT and some 3-4 DE.... He's listed at 6-4 245 lbs... So I'm guessing he bulks up and plays DE, as opposed to squeezing him into the OLB/Edge rusher role?

Good looking player! I like the idea of a lighter but still strong pass rushing DE. Would be nice to have those options on the roster... Just interesting to see a guy like him in the class, he doesn't fit into the normal profile of dudes that CNS recruits. RTR

@TerryP.... Bat-Signal.jpg

Other than three or four I expect to commit soon I've not paid a lot of attention to the 2022 class (hell, good chance they're not done with '21.)

I've seen him projected as a tight end as well but I don't expect him on that side of the ball. Lafayette-Acadiana plays a defense that's similar to Saban's and he's playing end now.

6'4", 250lbs as a junior could easily be 6'6" 290lbs in December. That size and he'll be able to slide inside to give the defense that four man front look as well.

Was one of the managers for that MJ team in 68. Don’t remember BB being particularly adept as a QB, but overall he was a good all around athlete. Certainly good enough to play vs our competition of the day though.

Back
Top Bottom