| RECRUIT ALABAMA'S 2020 Signing Class - Wednesday opens final signing days

Young confirmed USC was the biggest competition to Alabama which comes as no surprise. He mentioned other schools did its best to try and get Bryce on campus for an official visit. One school in particular, Georgia, asked the Youngs to come in for an official visit the weekend prior to signing day. Georgia mentioned keeping the visit quiet. The Young family decided it was best not to take even a 'quiet' visit to Athens. "Nothing is quiet in recruiting," his father said.

Kirby Freeze everybody

And there u have it... snake in grass. Also sick of the "well he learned from saban" bs. I'm pretty confident in saying CNS doesn't pull shit like that. Reinforces the integrity that the Young family has.

Young confirmed USC was the biggest competition to Alabama which comes as no surprise. He mentioned other schools did its best to try and get Bryce on campus for an official visit. One school in particular, Georgia, asked the Youngs to come in for an official visit the weekend prior to signing day. Georgia mentioned keeping the visit quiet. The Young family decided it was best not to take even a 'quiet' visit to Athens. "Nothing is quiet in recruiting," his father said.

Kirby Freeze everybody
Continuing with the "all's fair in love, war, and recruiting..."

Let's not forget that Kirby pulled a similar stunt last season with an A&M commitment. It was enough to where Jimbo called out Smart and said he was feeding a kid (Zach Calzada) a "load of bull."

The way he's handling recruits, along with rostered players, looks to me like a mix of Dubosian practices with Lance Thompson.

The question of the day. What does Carson Beck think about all of this?

Kirby Smart is turning out to be one of the biggest weasel dicks in modern college football. The moment that little fucker went to UGA, he instituted a scorched earth policy and started burning bridges.

That little asshole had probably been plotting his shenanigans before UGA even offered him a job, he was just waiting for the right opportunity.

Hijack for a minute for a quick story.

Andrew Bone reported a few days ago that a highly recruited running back called UA asking for a last minute visit. The reports pointed to Kendall Milton. That's Bone's report which is one I couldn't care less about.

I do find this "fan analysis" quite comical considering, as you will see, "his speed is spectacular!." He's around a 4.8 guy. For reference, Jase has a 4.55 40 and Drew has a better time in the 40 as well.

A few thoughts on this class and how it closes out.

I believe we'll see George (OL,) Baker (WR,) and Burroughs (DL) stick with the class and sign in February. Can Jones qualify and if so is there room? If they sign these three that'll leave (my calculations) two spots open.

Is Brandon Frazier the guy we see them focus on for the tight end role? We'll see. Is McKinnley Jackson another DL we see sign? Again, we'll see. For those last two spots I'm of the opinion these are two to watch closely.

Hijack for a minute for a quick story.

Andrew Bone reported a few days ago that a highly recruited running back called UA asking for a last minute visit. The reports pointed to Kendall Milton. That's Bone's report which is one I couldn't care less about.

I do find this "fan analysis" quite comical considering, as you will see, "his speed is spectacular!." He's around a 4.8 guy. For reference, Jase has a 4.55 40 and Drew has a better time in the 40 as well.

Never tweet at players...

A few thoughts on this class and how it closes out.

I believe we'll see George (OL,) Baker (WR,) and Burroughs (DL) stick with the class and sign in February. Can Jones qualify and if so is there room? If they sign these three that'll leave (my calculations) two spots open.

Is Brandon Frazier the guy we see them focus on for the tight end role? We'll see. Is McKinnley Jackson another DL we see sign? Again, we'll see. For those last two spots I'm of the opinion these are two to watch closely.

Is the huge kid at tight end - for some reason I'm blanking on the name - a no go?

Like Coach Bryant, Coach Saban does a great job of recruiting the parents, here specifically the moms.

Alabama makes final cut for 2021 five-star DL (BamaOnLine)
quote:
9416210.jpg

Five-star DL Tunmise Adeleye, the No. 26 overall player in the 2021 class per the 247Sports Composite Rankings released his "final 6" (via Twitter) on Christmas Eve. Making the cut in no particular order are: Alabama, Florida, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M. The Katy (TX) Tompkins product announced on Monday that a decision will be made on Aug 1, 2020.

It's the Tide that led for Adeleye back in the summer following an unofficial visit to Tuscaloosa. “At the very top,” Adeleye said of Bama in June. “Alabama’s been at the top for a while, but after the visit yesterday I don’t see them going anywhere for the foreseeable future. They solidified themselves at the top.”

A few months later, Adeleye said the Buckeyes and Tide were tied in the one-spot for him, reaffirming that stance after a return visit to the Capstone for the LSU game. “Alabama is a place where they have an atmosphere of excellence. Everything there, everybody there wants to be excellent,” Adeleye said of UA.

“From the nutritionist, to the academic staff, to Coach (Nick) Saban, the coaches, the players, everyone there embodies excellence. From the classroom, to the weightlifting program, to the field, everyone wants to be excellent. I want to be at a place where people embody that and they want not just the football player to succeed, but the person and the man to succeed.”

Tide tight end target names final schools (BamaOnLine)
quote:
9251987.jpg

Alabama TE target Brandon Frazier is down to four programs, he announced on Thursday. The schools making the cut are Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, and Texas Tech. This lines up with what the McKinney (TX) North product told BOL earlier this month. The only program no longer in the mix is Iowa State.

The 6-foot-7, 247-pounder hosted Tide TE coach Jeff Banks on an in-home visit earlier this month and is now looking at potential official visit dates. One date of note now set is an Auburn official visit on Jan. 17-19. The former Razorbacks commit has already taken official visits to Arkansas and Texas Tech. The Tide would have two open dates to get him on campus, Jan. 24-26 or Jan. 31-Feb. 2 before February's National Signing Day.

“Knowing that they’ll win,” Frazier said of what has him interested in the Tide. “Also just seeing potential player I could become at Bama. They use the tight end pretty often. They put some tight ends in the league. It’s cool envisioning myself playing there, especially for a big-time program like that.”

The Tide is working to add another tight end in its 2020 class and Frazier is a name to track down the stretch. The Lone Star State standout says he's been in regular communication with Alabama in recent weeks. On the year Frazier had 33 catches for 751 yards and seven touchdowns.

Primer: Five-stars headline 2020 All-American Bowl

quote:
Bryce Young -The Alabama commit was the Gatorade Player of the Year in California after throwing for 4,528 yards and 58 touchdowns with another 10 rushing scores for Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei, who finished No. 2 in the MaxPreps XCellent Top25. Young is the No. 6 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite and top-ranked dual-threat passer. Signed with the Crimson Tide over USC and Oklahoma. Led Mater Dei to a National Championship as a junior.

Back
Top Bottom