| RECRUIT ALABAMA'S 2020 Signing Class - Wednesday opens final signing days

Mobile Christian 4-star LB Deontae Lawson commits to Alabama (AL.com | segments)
quote:
6OD2RDP4UZHLDOESDTSQ3G2NBE.JPG

Lawson (8) returns blocked punt for TD.

2021 4-star linebacker Deontae Lawson committed to Alabama late Friday afternoon over SEC rivals Auburn, LSU, Geaorgia and Tennessee. “It’s crazy,” Lawson told AL.com. “I felt the time was right. I can’t wait to fit into that program and be a part of what Coach Saban has built. I was just ready to do it. It feels awesome.”

The 6-foot-3, 214-pound Lawson led Mobile Christian to the Class 3A championship game earlier this month. He was a first-team ASWA Class 3A All-State selection and a first-team AL.com All-Coastal Alabama selection.

Lawson finished the 2019 season with 101 tackles solo tackles and 33 assists. He also had a sack and four tackles for a loss. He played an increasing role on offense, rushing for 10 touchdowns out of the Wildcat for the Leopards.

Lawson could end up playing inside or outside LB for the Tide. “I think it’s going to be wherever I feel more comfortable and they feel more comfortable putting me,” Lawson said. “If I grow more, I could play outside. If I stay the same height, I will probably stay inside. I’m fine wherever.”

Mobile Christian HC Ronnie Cottrell described Lawson as "a complete player, quite simply, a winner. He is a guy who is extremely competitive. He shows up. When the game is at the highest point, he plays. What is remarkable is I think he has a very high ceiling. He’ll have a lot of development that will occur over the next couple of years, and I know he wanted to go to a program that would help him with that.”

Mobile Christian DC Gus Smith compared Lawson to another player he coached – former Daphne High and Alabama standout Ryan Anderson. “When Ryan got there (to Alabama), it took him a few years to get going and find his place,” Smith said. “That could happen to Deontae. It’s hard to go to Alabama and play right away."

"He’s such a likeable kid and a hard worker. I moved him to inside linebacker this year. I’m not sure he couldn’t play that at Alabama and be a C.J. Mosley-type kid. With him and (Theodore LB and Alabama signee) Demouy (Kennedy) on the same side of the ball up there, it will be great to watch.”

Live Updates — Under Armour All-America Check-in (247Sports)

Drew Sanders and Demouy Kennedy won't be participating due to injuries.

Jayson Jones will take an official visit to Baylor on Jan. 17 and then he will be at Oregon on Jan. 24 for another official visit. He remains committed to Alabama, but said that his recruitment is "open" right now. Georgia Tech is trying to get him on campus for an unofficial visit. FSU also recently reached out to his trainer.

Marcus Henderson one of the few uncommitted unsigned kids here. He said that he will take an official visit to Alabama on Jan. 24 and then he will probably get to either Oregon or Tennessee before National Signing Day. FSU and Mike Norvell also trying to get him on campus. Henderson took an official visit to Arkansas right before the dead period. He has also been to Missouri.

quote:
Darnell Washington said he signed Dec. 18 and has kept it really quiet. He will announce at the game and said Georgia, Tennessee, Miami, Florida and Alabama are his finalists.
"I already signed," he said. "I am locked in. It came down to the vibe of the school, vibe of the coaches."

quote:
Chris Braswell, the Alabama signee said he is due in Tuscaloosa on Jan. 4. He said he is going there to play the Jack position, but not to be surprised if he puts his hand on the ground as a traditional defensive end at times. He also said he thinks people underestimate his strength coming off the edge.

The Boz latest notes.....I know I know but

Tidbits I am hearing today:

Tua got the approved insurance policy for around 4M

Tua is leaning more to coming back now than before

Mckinney and Smith both depend on Tua but Smith is more in the stay camp.

Mckinney Told staff like Moses he will make his decision by the end of the week. I am guessing Tua is doing the same. A lot of the guys have said that exact phrase.

Moses, Leatherwood, and Ruggs are staying.

Mckinney Told staff like Moses he will make his decision by the end of the week. I am guessing Tua is doing the same. A lot of the guys have said that exact phrase.

Would be insane, in a good way. As I've said earlier in the forum,this would set us up for another ten years.

#13 needs to return to Bama and get healthy. There is no need to rush anything even if it means he is behind come August. If he wants top dollar then he will have to prove he can last a complete season in college ball because his injury history isn't in his favor.

Yep he could do all the above and get hurt again.

Boz is like the Alabama version of QANON

Top performers from Day 1 of the 2020 Under Armour AA practice (247Sports | segments)
quote:
9589208.jpg

Sunday evening marked the first day of practices for the Under Armour All-America Game. Close to one hundred of the nation's top football prospects were at Disney's Wide World of Sports for the event's initial practice session.

The roster is divided into two teams – Team Savage and Team Pressure. Both squads had a simultaneous non-padded practice on adjacent fields. While contact was limited, we were able to get an extensive first look at the prospects on hand in drills, 1-on-1, 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 situations.

Here are our top performers for the day...

Alabama signee Thaiu Jones-Bell would’ve been our next pick for top receiver after Mims. The South Florida product got behind the defense and turned in a strong 1-on-1 session...

The Team Savage defensive front looks quite strong... Chris Braswell is a lean edge rusher and showed a nice first step in drills. In 11-on-11, Braswell was able to create some disruption off the edge and had at least one would-be sack...

UA All-America Game Week: Awards from Day 1 of practice (rivals | segments)
quote:
The first practice of Under Armour All-America Week 2020 is in the books. And while prospects worked out sans pads, there were still some things to be gleaned from the opening session. Below, Rivals.com hands out some awards based on Sunday night’s light workout...

QUARTERBACK NIGHTMARE

wuhfevjjjhtbxsif89w8

Chris Braswell, 5-star OLB -- It was easy to see why Alabama coveted Braswell as an edge rusher. He was good in drills, flashing athleticism and quickness, but when it got into team session, he took off. Braswell was one of the quickest off the ball and he was in the backfield on a regular basis. It was only shorts and t-shirts, so it was not too physical, but Braswell was difficult to touch at times. He closed quickly and got his hands in passing lanes making it difficult for quarterbacks to throw clean passes.

5-star LB Chris Braswell 6-3/220 MD hudl *

Back
Top Bottom