| RECRUIT ALABAMA'S 2020 Signing Class - Wednesday opens final signing days

Phillip Webb

The chatter for months was that Auburn could be the team to beat for Webb, but then in recent weeks it became an Alabama/LSU battle. There are two sides to this one as some still believe the Crimson Tide can pull this out while many others think LSU has the high four-star linebacker all but locked up.

Jase McClellan

Alabama is still attempting to flip the Oklahoma commit and the rumor is that the Crimson Tide are hopeful it will happen while there still seems to be a healthy amount of skepticism that he will actually make the move. The high four-star running back has been committed to the Sooners since July 2017.

Kayshon Boutte

There have been ongoing rumors for a long time that Alabama was going to flip the LSU receiver commit but as we get closer to the early signing period, those whispers have actually died down. The New Iberia (La.) Westgate receiver is now expected to stick with the Tigers.

Timothy Smith

It’s no surprise Smith made this list because the four-star defensive tackle is seriously considering flipping to Florida. The rumor is both Alabama and the Gators like their chances with Smith but that a flip to Florida could be more than likely.

McKinnley Jackson

The four-star defensive tackle is not expected to sign until February but the rumors are that Georgia could get his last official visit especially since former Ole Miss coach Matt Luke, who had a close relationship with Jackson, is now on staff. New Rebels coach Lane Kiffin is also trying to stay in the mix with Jackson, who has Alabama, LSU and others still pursuing. That last visit could be very telling.

Pro-Player Comparisons for the Top 10 2020 Recruits

quote:
6. QB Bryce Young

Height/Weight: 5'11", 183 lbs

School: Mater Dei HS (Santa Ana, CA)

Pro Comparison: Kyler Murray

The comparisons to Russell Wilson are inevitable for an undersized, dual-threat quarterback.

However, it's easy to forget that Wilson was just a 3-star recruit who ranked as the No. 1,102 player in the 2007 recruiting class.

On the other hand, the similarly undersized Kyler Murray was a 5-star recruit and one of the most dynamic players in high school football history.

Young belongs in that conversation as well after starring at powerhouse Mater Dei High School where he threw for 4,528 yards and 58 touchdowns during his senior season while adding another 357 yards and 10 touchdowns on the ground.

Strong pocket presence and a high football IQ should help Young make a smooth transition to the collegiate level, where he will be facing lofty expectations as the presumptive future signal-caller for the Crimson Tide.

From AU board:

quote:
Jeff Lee has a war room article up. He says Bama is now the front runner for Pegues.

Lee's War Room

- Auburn was the favorite since early on
  • Alabama waiting to hear on Darnell Washington, but he is likely going elsewhere, and that gives Pegues the green light for Bama
  • Auburn still working on him but has lost confidence, not looking good for Auburn

Darnell Washington not expected to sign on Wednesday (BamaOnLine)
quote:
9420998.jpg

Five-star athlete and coveted tight end target Darnell Washington has elected not to sign a letter of intent on Wednesday, the first day of the Early Signing Period. The Las Vegas (Nev.) Desert Pines product took to Twitter to announce his decision. Washington, who is considering Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee, among others, had originally planned to sign on Wednesday and reveal his decision at the Under Armour All-America Game.

“Every school’s got a great education, great facilities, great coaches, but at the end of the day it’s going to come down to the trust, and me trusting them to develop me to become that first round pick or whatever round I’m in,” Washington said of Alabama recently following an in-home visit with Nick Saban. “And I just trust them to make me a better person on and off the field, not just as a player.” .

Here's a guy that is supposed to sign this week but doesn't want his choice made public until his announcement in January ... All-Star game announcement, right?

I wonder if and how that's going to work. There's a lot of mouths to keep quiet for a good little stretch.
Sounds like Darnell Washington is not signing tomorrow
There's "writing on the wall." Ya know?

It's supposed to be a secret where he signs

Are we in play for him? Everything I see says done deal to GA.
Tennessee having him in for an official this past weekend leads me to think he's not as "done of a deal" as what you've seen. UGA has been considered the team to beat for his signature. That's the shared opinion I've seen across the 'net.

Jeff Banks is Bama primary and he's been talked about in reference to "turning it up a bit" with Washington's recruitment. I'm of the opinion the coaching staff's at UGA and UT don't think Bama is out of the race.

Sounds like there's a stud TE still on the market named Darnell Washington. Other than that I'm in as in the dark as you are.... RTR
I noticed Bone has mentioned it's his belief Washington hasn't signed. @#80 mentioned he'd heard it was a done deal to UGA. It's definitely what I'd call a heavy lean to UGA. It should come as no surprise kids like more than one school.

Personally, I don't think Bama is within a strikers chance - .333.

Sounds like there's a stud TE still on the market named Darnell Washington. Other than that I'm in as in the dark as you are.... RTR

Washington has signed. With whom?? We won't know until 2 Jan.

Already signed? 5-star tight end Darnell Washington shares latest update on his recruitment
Michael Wayne Bratton | 3 hours ago
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/sha...as-vegas-5-star-tight-end-recruit-2020-class/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?ur...ngton+shares+latest+update+on+his+recruitment

Darnell Washington has made his decision.

That’s what the five-star tight end said on Friday night during an appearance on ESPNU. Not only has Washington made up his mind, but he’s also already signed with the school of his choice.

According to 247Sports Composite Rankings, the 6-foot-7, 261-pound Las Vegas native is the No. 1 tight end prospect in the nation and the No. 10 overall recruit in the 2020 recruiting cycle. He was considering Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Miami by the end of his senior high school season but it would appear his recruitment is over.

Friday night, the Las Vegas native shared the news that he has already signed but is holding off making a final decision until his appearance in the upcoming Under Armour All-American Game.

“Well, I put the pen to the paper, too. But just I didn’t announce,” Washington said during an appearance on ESPNU, according to 247Sports. “Just January 2nd — that’s when it’s going to come out.”

The Early Signing Period ended on Friday but some elite prospects have been known to sign their paperwork and not announce their decision publicly until a later date.

For what it’s worth, Nick Saban mentioned Alabama has signed at least one unnamed prospect but is waiting for that recruit to announce their decision before releasing that information.

One look at his senior season highlight reel and you’ll see why every program in the nation would love to have Washington on their side next fall:

(video in the link)

Back
Top Bottom