| RECRUIT ALABAMA'S 2020 Signing Class - Wednesday opens final signing days

Tim Watts nuggets:

- Jamil Burroughs, Javon Baker and Jayson Jones are not signing on Wednesday. Burroughs and Baker have grade issues. Jones is a potential blue shirt candidate- he's deadset on Alabama, but they want him at OL not DL.

- Surprised if Phillip Webb didn't sign with LSU.

- Bama still in it for Jase McClellan.

- It's too early to call regarding Tim Smith's eventual signing. Sources say Alabama, but everyone is waiting for more separation from his Florida visit before making final predictions.

- Too early to call for Arian Smith between Bama-Georgia.

- Tennessee might be the dark horse for Darnell Washington. A source on him says he is even more confused than ever, but he will sign with someone on Wednesday. (With Bamas success developing TE's how does Pruitt continue to be a thorn in the side at Tenn ? SMH)

- Rakim Jarrett can sign early, but he can not enroll early. If he doesn't sign on Wednesday then it is good news for us.

- Auburn for Pegues.

- Kayshon Boutte to LSU.

- No clue on Jordan Burch.

- Late NSD prospects to follow are McKinnley Jackson, Alfred Collins, Brandon Frazier and Jahmyr Gibbs.

TE Brandon Frazier: The former Arkansas commit opened back up his recruitment after Chad Morris was dismissed and Texas Tech was his first official visit after that. He likes Tech, his family has West Texas ties and the Red Raiders are in it, but he will not be signing until February and he has many suitors. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Alabama or back at Arkansas.

2. A BIG NAME PROSPECT WILL FLIP

Well duh, right? I write this every year and every year it’s true but this year it could be many players. Will defensive tackle Timothy Smith chose the Gators or stick with Alabama? Offensive lineman Chris Morris is rumored to be looking at an Ole Miss flip and quarterback Chubba Purdy could flip from Louisville to Florida State. I could name about a dozen more on flip watch and you can bet there will be a lot of excitement this week in that regard.

4. JORDAN BURCH WILL END UP AT GEORGIA

I don't have inside knowledge on Burch's recruitment, and anyone who says they do is probably trying to be a big shot. Burch’s mother has been in control of this process from the start and I think it’s clear he’ll be staying close to home. So why Georgia over Clemson? I feel he would have committed to Clemson by now if that was home for him and Kirby Smart getting the last visit is always dangerous.

5. FLORIDA WILL SIGN THE BEST CLASS IN THE SUNSHINE STATE

Donnell Harris is another one of those flip names to watch and I think he ends at Florida. I also think the Gators pull Smith from Alabama. Florida State will get a few good ones, but Mike Norvell hasn’t had time to put together a big-time class yet. Miami seems to be trying to hang on to what it has. The Gators will close strong and win the state, at least during the early portion, with ease.

(Well, I hope not. The staff is very high on Smith)

"Insiders" seem to be waffling on TE D. Washington. I believe Washington is in the wind at the moment, and he could land anywhere. Honestly thats probably accurate for most of the unsigned at this point. lol

RECRUITING: T. Watts & TR on Monday (free)
9196758.jpg

With the start of the early signing period less than 48 hours away, BOL publisher Tim Watts and senior analyst Travis Reier took to the Built By BamaOnLine Podcast Monday morning to riff on recruiting. Among the items they went in-depth on:

* How the early period has only added to the anticipation of the February date.

* Importance of recent commitments from CB Ronald Williams and OL Javion Cohen.

* Tim's annual pep talk.

* Versatility once again the centerpiece of a Crimson Tide recruiting class.

Early Signing Times: UA Commits, Targets
Subject to change... obviously lol

Targets:
Jeremiah Pegues — Wed. 8 a.m.
Phillip Webb — Wed. 11 a.m.
Arian Smith — Wed. 12:05 p.m. on ESPN
Jase McClellan — TBD
Darnell Washington — TBD
Rakim Jarrett — TBD
Kayshon Boutte — TBD
Jordan Burch — Thursday

Bama Commits: