| FTBL What's your opinion on how Brian Kelly will do at LSU?

I think ultimately it'll be recruiting. He's not off to that great of a start. If they land everyone projected they'll end up with half of the top 20 in the state of Louisiana: two of the top five.

I don't know what to think about this year. I can see an eight win team as quickly as I can see a 10 win team.

Is he on the same level, coaching wise, as Miles?

Can’t judge him on this year alone to be honest. With so much turnover, they could easily win 9-10 games or win only 5-6. Question ultimately will be, is he a “good fit” for the Corndogs in the long run?

Kelly had an interview where he was talking about Saban mentioning how the program is operated and how CNS did things the right way.

In that interview he also talked about the Notre Dame losses to Alabama. While it fit for the 2020 playoff game, his attention was focused on what happened in the title game talking about how ND didn't have the offense to keep up with Bama. He still looks at that game in Miami as their offense being the issue. They couldn't tackle.

If we look at 2020 he's right in a sense. Their offense couldn't keep up. The problem for the Irish that day? They couldn't cover.

It's my belief he's going to focus on LSU team on scoring. "The way to beat Bama is outscore them."

Matt House did a good job rebuilding the defense at Kentucky. As I recall his first season there their scoring defense was in the bottom quarter of the SEC. There were four or five teams allowing 31.X points per game—I think they were 12th or 13th.. When he left they finished #2 in the conference and had cut that number in two.

OC Denbrook (sp?) came from Cincy. He did a good job there.

LSU vs FSU...LSU -3 with a point total of 51-52. LSU and points, over.

IMO, he will do well at LSU. He has been a winner at every stop of his career; Assumption, Grand Valley St., Central Michigan, Cincinnati and nd. He and his staff are going to need a full year of recruiting to build a base. To determine how he will do or not do this year is not fair because of the late start he got in the recruiting circles of the SEC and in state particular.

I'm going to have to disagree with the general sentiment so far. I don't think he will do well and I think it will be primarily for two reasons. First, I don't think he is a good fit down there - he kind of reminds me of Bryan Harsin at Auburn from the standpoint that they just don't seem to fit the culture. The second reason is that I think he is overrated. At a school like Notre Dame with the football heritage and the fact that they don't regularly schedule SEC opponents, he should have had better results. Here are some examples. At ND he was 5-6 in bowl games including trips to the Camping World Bowl, The Pinstripe Bowl, The Champs Sports Bowl, and Sun Bowl. He had 5 seasons with 9 or fewer wins. He is 1-6 against top five teams with his first win against Clemson in 2020. He is 3-10 against top 10 teams with 5 of the 10 losses by 14 points or more.

I predict he will not do great at LSU and his tenure will be fairly short.

Recruiting is most everything in CF.

Knowing LA people And their lack of trust in non-LA ( even non South LA ) people ( yankees particularly )
....his success will be built of recruiting out of state.....
If he can do that...he will be ok
He hasnt seen the culture of recruits he will have to deal with...and how different they are than the ND recruits...

Reminds me of Florida and their recruiting and coaching hires...

I think Kelly is a good coach, but also a cry baby. Notre Dame inflated his ego even more with their false sense of superiority. I personally don't think he will mesh well in the South. People will not trust him, and his sorry attempts at mimicking us will piss a lot of people off. He's fake and it shows he's only out for his gain, much like Hillary stating she always carries a bottle of hot sauce in her purse. My ass. He'll get a pass based off of past experiences, he'll recruit some talent being in Louisiana, and having Texas and Mississippi right there, but I do not see him winning a Natty. For that matter I never see Lincoln Riley winning one either, but I could be wrong about both. LSU hired the best they could at that moment I do believe, so they did their job.

He did well with Mayfield and Murray, he struggled with Williams and Rattler.

Which duo did he recruit?
Did well with Hurts...to
Why you think Hurts chose OK....

Recruiting ...ha!

Its development once you get em....recruiting is gonna take a back seat to transfer....especially more...if ncaa goes with unlimited transfer without sitting out a year...instead of a one time shot

Southern CA...( its a different world)
Reputation of QBs
USCw traditions
NIL possibilities
His reputation

A lot going for USCw

Did well with Hurts...to
Why you think Hurts chose OK....

Recruiting ...ha!

Its development once you get em....recruiting is gonna take a back seat to transfer....especially more...if ncaa goes with unlimited transfer without sitting out a year...instead of a one time shot

Southern CA...( its a different world)
Reputation of QBs
USCw traditions
NIL possibilities
His reputation

A lot going for USCw

Hurts was more organic growth than Riley teaching him. He clearly got better over the years. Riley adopted a veteran winner, he didn't develop him.

I'm going to have to disagree with the general sentiment so far. I don't think he will do well and I think it will be primarily for two reasons. First, I don't think he is a good fit down there - he kind of reminds me of Bryan Harsin at Auburn from the standpoint that they just don't seem to fit the culture. The second reason is that I think he is overrated. At a school like Notre Dame with the football heritage and the fact that they don't regularly schedule SEC opponents, he should have had better results. Here are some examples. At ND he was 5-6 in bowl games including trips to the Camping World Bowl, The Pinstripe Bowl, The Champs Sports Bowl, and Sun Bowl. He had 5 seasons with 9 or fewer wins. He is 1-6 against top five teams with his first win against Clemson in 2020. He is 3-10 against top 10 teams with 5 of the 10 losses by 14 points or more.

I predict he will not do great at LSU and his tenure will be fairly short.
I don’t think they can afford $$ not to keep him around. Anything I’ve seen has lead me to think LSU Athletics is shaky financially. Granted it is from a disgruntled fanbase.

Back
Top Bottom