| FTBL Your final thoughts on the 2023 Football squad?

Dayum. My sister re-posted it on her timeline. I was duped by proxy! SMDH

There’s a lot of folks duped by it. There’s a fake Bryce Young one too that I see all the time. Folks running them likely aren’t even Bama fans. The dope(s) doing the Milroe one are just luring people into buying their knockoff LANK merchandise which is taking money from the players.

There’s a lot of folks duped by it. There’s a fake Bryce Young one too that I see all the time. Folks running them likely aren’t even Bama fans. The dope(s) doing the Milroe one are just luring people into buying their knockoff LANK merchandise which is taking money from the players.
When Coker was a player at Bama someone had a false Twitter account in his name. He said, that that account had more followers than he had.

Back to the thread subject, the teams floor was much lower than we expected to start the season. They improved significantly but still were up and down even during the same game.

In the UM game it was a jekyl and hyde on both sides just like it had been all season. The offense was horrendous in the first half. The play calling and strategy was bad. Seemed to want to push the ball down the field but UM was blitzing and cutting down on the time Milroe had to throw. They should have adjusted the play calling in the first half to the short passing game to give Milroe easier throws but they waited to do that to the 2nd half. Also, they went with the freshman RB who seemed to bring more power. Not sure what that was about but was good to see him in the game and running hard like he did.

On the D side they played ok in the first half and kept the score close but they gave up 200 yards against an average offense. In the 2nd half before the UM drive that tied the game they had completely shut down UM. I think they had something like 23 yards at that point. That is a dominating D performance against anyone. The D just could not sustain it after UM converted the 4th and 2 got got some energy back.

By the time they got into OT, UM had gotten the momentum back and Bama could not recover unfortunatley

Back to the thread subject, the teams floor was much lower than we expected to start the season. They improved significantly but still were up and down even during the same game.

In the UM game it was a jekyl and hyde on both sides just like it had been all season. The offense was horrendous in the first half. The play calling and strategy was bad. Seemed to want to push the ball down the field but UM was blitzing and cutting down on the time Milroe had to throw. They should have adjusted the play calling in the first half to the short passing game to give Milroe easier throws but they waited to do that to the 2nd half. Also, they went with the freshman RB who seemed to bring more power. Not sure what that was about but was good to see him in the game and running hard like he did.

On the D side they played ok in the first half and kept the score close but they gave up 200 yards against an average offense. In the 2nd half before the UM drive that tied the game they had completely shut down UM. I think they had something like 23 yards at that point. That is a dominating D performance against anyone. The D just could not sustain it after UM converted the 4th and 2 got got some energy back.

By the time they got into OT, UM had gotten the momentum back and Bama could not recover unfortunatley

One thing not mentioned very much too is, this 4 team playoff was the most stacked playoff in terms of the quality of the teams that we've ever seen. I expected Bama to win in a close game last night, but UM winning wasn't at all shocking. They were favored, lest we forget. While this was far from Saban's best Bama team, it was the best Texas team in a LONG time. Washington? Their stars certainly aligned this time around. And for Michigan, so far, this has been their version of 2019 LSU. And it took overtime for them to put Bama away. Winning it all is really, really hard... Saban just made it look easy for a while...

One thing not mentioned very much too is, this 4 team playoff was the most stacked playoff in terms of the quality of the teams that we've ever seen. I expected Bama to win in a close game last night, but UM winning wasn't at all shocking. They were favored, lest we forget. While this was far from Saban's best Bama team, it was the best Texas team in a LONG time. Washington? Their stars certainly aligned this time around. And for Michigan, so far, this has been their version of 2019 LSU. And it took overtime for them to put Bama away. Winning it all is really, really hard... Saban just made it look easy for a while...

Exactly my point I've tried making to folks. It took the #1 team to knock off the #4 team in Overtime. Washington wiped the floor with Texas, but Texas made it look better at the end with a nice charge. Two of the better games in Playoff history as there was no total destruction in either game, so it lets you know the committee did their job. Both undefeated teams in the Natty, so it shows #1 and #2 were properly ranked. Job well done.

Exactly my point I've tried making to folks. It took the #1 team to knock off the #4 team in Overtime. Washington wiped the floor with Texas, but Texas made it look better at the end with a nice charge. Two of the better games in Playoff history as there was no total destruction in either game, so it lets you know the committee did their job. Both undefeated teams in the Natty, so it shows #1 and #2 were properly ranked. Job well done.

And IMO, UGA would have gone toe to toe with each of the teams too. Just one of those seasons...

You know...i thought this michigan team was like bamas 2009 team...
RB ...tough. Hard to bring down
QB...steady..not spectacular
D...tough..playmakers

Etc

For me, this team has always been about doing the basic things well. And I do mean basic... under center & behind center. When the basic things are not mastered, you get the schizophrenic results we've had all season. Good & Bad.

And when exposed against a fantastic DL, well, the old self tends to show up. This Leprachan troll popped up in the most high pressure situations & then in some, it didn't. Beyond baffling.

As bad as a UM's special teams were, they were able to overcome it with SOLID line play. The Bear always said the game is won & lost at the line of scrimmage. One team handled it flawlessly, the other didn't.

The Center to QB exchange is the most critical motion in football. And for this team to get this far to lose in OT, ironically, with this issue still lingering is utterly inconcievable.

Lastly, UM did a hell of job in game film. They completely knew this was the weekest link in this team. And they blew it up from the beginning. I think their DL #55 should have had the MVP.

My take on the 2023 Bama football team. I don't do negative Sorry! But not sorry! But if I do here is a few things I saw. Milroe doesn't see the whole field, He stands in the pocket too long at a time. The Rose Bowl lose can't be blamed just for him, Defense plays good till that last driver. I think the center let the defense player got into his head! Maybe talking to him as he about to hike the ball back to the QB.
The thing is we are a bunch of winner that doesn't like losing to anyone! I know next year, just like this year and before some of you will say Bama record will be 9-3,10-2,11-2.
ROLL TIDE!!

I always thought there might have been some division on the team after the south Florida game. Idk the team at times seemed off. But all in all great season. Beat Auburn and Georgia. Saban is still the coach, so Roll Tide!

I always thought there might have been some division on the team after the south Florida game. Idk the team at times seemed off. But all in all great season. Beat Auburn and Georgia. Saban is still the coach, so Roll Tide!
CNS continued to say he really liked this team but something in this area and all the NIL LANK stuff never sat well with me. Seemed like the coaches did not fully buy into Milroe but the team did so CNS deferred to them. Hard to believe this but we all saw the USF game. It was Shula bad.

Back
Top Bottom