| FTBL The new CFP rankings, 2 more weekends of games, and where things stand from my view...

Someone will appreciate this. I walk into my in-laws house last night. Within 2 minutes, my FIL starts on about Bama’s chances for the playoffs and how the committee is going to screw them. He asks what I think about it. I spend 10 minutes explaining him that if Bama wins out, everything will probably be ok, but that there’s no grand conspiracy to keep the Tide from the top 4. He begrudgingly agrees.

Tonight, we stop back by. Within 2 minutes, he says he’s worried about Alabama getting screwed by the committee and getting left out of the top 4. He asks what I think. I told him I agreed 100%, Bama is screwed.
You aren't lying, either way.

It's a weird season. There's never been a team ranked #8 this week and make it to the playoffs. And then again, guys like Feldman and Mandel are saying Bama winning out puts them at #2.

Someone will appreciate this. I walk into my in-laws house last night. Within 2 minutes, my FIL starts on about Bama’s chances for the playoffs and how the committee is going to screw them. He asks what I think about it. I spend 10 minutes explaining him that if Bama wins out, everything will probably be ok, but that there’s no grand conspiracy to keep the Tide from the top 4. He begrudgingly agrees.

Tonight, we stop back by. Within 2 minutes, he says he’s worried about Alabama getting screwed by the committee and getting left out of the top 4. He asks what I think. I told him I agreed 100%, Bama is screwed.
Consistency goes a long way

You aren't lying, either way.

It's a weird season. There's never been a team ranked #8 this week and make it to the playoffs. And then again, guys like Feldman and Mandel are saying Bama winning out puts them at #2.

I think the rational of... how can we hold the Texas loss against Alabama, yet not count an Alabama win over UGA the same way... is starting to drill it's way though some thick skulls... Wonder if Sankey (or someone in the SEC office) is manning the drill...

I think the rational of... how can we hold the Texas loss against Alabama, yet not count an Alabama win over UGA the same way... is starting to drill it's way though some thick skulls... Wonder if Sankey (or someone in the SEC office) is manning the drill...

Hopefully...these 2 weekends will really screw committee up...rivalry games...we know how they turn out sometimes....

I’m a big Gators fan tonight.

Texas has a huge win @ Bama. They’re next biggest? A 3 point win at home against Kansas State.

FSU same way. Beat LSU early in the season, but has only played one (currently) ranked team since - #24 Clemson.

The SOS gap between Bama and Texas/FSU is wide.

I’m a big Gators fan tonight.

Texas has a huge win @ Bama. They’re next biggest? A 3 point win at home against Kansas State.

FSU same way. Beat LSU early in the season, but has only played one (currently) ranked team since - #24 Clemson.

The SOS gap between Bama and Texas/FSU is wide.
Aint gonna matter.
Plus our wins aint all that much.
Ole ms and ??????

For however the early 201X s worked out for us. Haven't been as fortunate lately. Plus injuries. Dropped passes. Crap coordinating
Missed FGs.

Aint gonna matter.
Plus our wins aint all that much.
Ole ms and ??????

For however the early 201X s worked out for us. Haven't been as fortunate lately. Plus injuries. Dropped passes. Crap coordinating
Missed FGs.
We’ll, aren’t you just a little ray of sunshine.
Just kidding my friend.
I just don’t see any scenario where we’re in.

The top 4 will probably stay the same as last week. In no particular order.
Georgia, Michigan, Ohio St., and Washington. I will be surprised if they leave out Ohio St. even after the loss.
If Ohio State stays in the top 4, it's rigged and conference championships mean nothing. How can you stay in the top 4 when you aren't even playing for your conference championship?

Back
Top Bottom