| BSB/SB đźĄŽWCWS: Alabama is eliminated from WCWS with 6-4 loss to Florida

I did not see the error, but what did the error in left field look like for us early in the game that likely costed us one run?

It was in RF... Johnson booted a ball when she took her eye off of it too look at the runners. The 1 run would have scored regardless, but the error gave another baserunner an extra base (3rd). They got out of the inning, so it didn't end up mattering.

Tough break for Bama. Happy to see they played good enough to win but it just didn't go their way today. So incredibly difficult to make it far in this setup after losing game 1. UCLA is hot right now and they got the hit today and we didn't. We have faced 2 elimination games this year and did quite well so hopefully we can keep that up one more time.

OU just has a different breed of players. Not a couple of them, but a dugout full.
Last year, OU had the starting catchers of this year's #2 seed, #3 seed, and #4 seed on their roster. The #4 seed catcher (Florida's Jocelyn Erickson) was the 2024 SEC player of the year.

An OU catcher commit that lives close to us and hits with the same hitting coach as my daughter is a freak. She is a 2025 grad. In the state playoffs last year, she was intentionally walked with the bases loaded and 2 outs when her team was down by 3 runs. The girl miss hits balls 250 feet. I tried to convince her to come to Bama but it didn't work.

An OU catcher commit that lives close to us and hits with the same hitting coach as my daughter is a freak. She is a 2025 grad. In the state playoffs last year, she was intentionally walked with the bases loaded and 2 outs when her team was down by 3 runs. The girl miss hits balls 250 feet. I tried to convince her to come to Bama but it didn't work.

Wow! What school does she play for?

I wish people looked at sports decisions under the same lens as academic decisions. Georgia Tech is a good school for engineers. If you want to major in cow shit, Auburn ranks right up there with A&M.

Back
Top Bottom