| BSB/SB 🥎🏆 : Alabama Softball’s Season Ends in Friday Loss to Stanford at Women’s College World Series

OKLAHOMA CITY – No. 5 seed Alabama makes its 14th appearance at the Women's College World Series this weekend, opening play on Thursday, June 1 at 11 a.m. CT against No. 4 Tennessee at 11 a.m. CT on ESPN. The winner of that game advances to play Saturday, while the loser plays in an elimination game on Friday.

This Week: 2023 Women's College World Series​

• No. 5 Alabama (45-20) vs. No. 4 Tennessee (49-8)
  • Thursday, June 1 – 11 a.m. CT winner advances to play Saturday, loser plays in Friday elimination game
  • Oklahoma City, Okla. – USA Softball Hall of Fame Stadium
  • TV: ESPN
  • Radio: The Crimson Tide Sports Network at 97.5 FM in Tuscaloosa | nick975.com | Varsity App

I would say that any other AD would do that but not Byrne. The softball program has been in decline for the past 3-4 years and he hasn’t done anything. Not to mention women’s basketball. He’s watched a 10 year coach completely destroy that program.
I definitely think Byrne is going to talk with Murphy. He hasn't been one to really sit around, like Battle.

Women's basketball was a train wreck long before Curry and has actually made some decent strides. Not saying I am content with where they are or think Curry is the best we can do either. But that program is arguably the worst on campus.

I definitely think Byrne is going to talk with Murphy. He hasn't been one to really sit around, like Battle.

Women's basketball was a train wreck long before Curry and has actually made some decent strides. Not saying I am content with where they are or think Curry is the best we can do either. But that program is arguably the worst on campus.

@bamanc50 I'm going with 321 here because there is so much of a public eye on softball than women's basketball. 321, the women's team may be the worst program on campus, but Curry did produce a 20-game winner. And... hardly anyone cares. There's no real fan base there, like volleyball. There's more excitement about the club hockey team than there is about women's basketball. Just my.02.

After tonight's loss, the Bama softball Twitter page lit up. Over and over, people tweeted the same kinds of comments we have about the anemic offense. You think the women's basketball page has a popular super fan like Emily Pitek, Fluff, or the two ild men who always had the Tide detergent and toilet paper rolls at every football game they attended (that was every game, right?) or generates as much traffic? Seriously, I don't know; I've never visited it.

Byrne's doesn't like being uncomfortable. Fans are about to make him feel very uncomfortable.

From what I understand Byrne could give 2 flips about the women’s sports. He does understand that softball actually pays for itself. Until the stands sit empty, he won’t touch it. Just have to hope the “nuclear stubbornness” (as someone said on here a few days ago) of coach Murphy recedes and he makes changes. I doubt he will but that’s our only hope for the program. If another exodus of contributing players happens, he may wake up.

Also a large portion of the current players are at BAMA for one reason. To play with Fouts, she’s an icon of the game. Espn showed an Oklahoma game earlier in the year, and most of the little girls in attendance had on Fouts jerseys!!!!! Not OU gear…. That’s the impact she had on the sport. It’s got to be disheartening for her and several players and parents for her to go out like that. The offensive philosophy let her down for several years. She’s a freakin rock star and kept BAMA relevant the last couple years.

Back
Top Bottom