| BSB/SB đźĄŽđźŹ† : Alabama Softball’s Season Ends in Friday Loss to Stanford at Women’s College World Series

OKLAHOMA CITY – No. 5 seed Alabama makes its 14th appearance at the Women's College World Series this weekend, opening play on Thursday, June 1 at 11 a.m. CT against No. 4 Tennessee at 11 a.m. CT on ESPN. The winner of that game advances to play Saturday, while the loser plays in an elimination game on Friday.

This Week: 2023 Women's College World Series​

• No. 5 Alabama (45-20) vs. No. 4 Tennessee (49-8)
  • Thursday, June 1 – 11 a.m. CT winner advances to play Saturday, loser plays in Friday elimination game
  • Oklahoma City, Okla. – USA Softball Hall of Fame Stadium
  • TV: ESPN
  • Radio: The Crimson Tide Sports Network at 97.5 FM in Tuscaloosa | nick975.com | Varsity App

This will probably wrap up the season tonight against Stanford. I don't have a lot of confidence in that the Bama offense is going to make a quick turn around and put about 6-8 runs on the board. I might be wrong and hope but it's very doubtful. Next it will be interesting to see which players hit the transfer portal next week. I'm thinking a mass exodus like last year. RTR

Pitchers with a change up really challenge our players to be successful consistently and have for a few years now. From what if read on the web and heard during the game vs Boomer , all Stanford’s playable pitchers have that pitch.

If Bailey Hemphill could’ve figured out that pitch , there’s no telling what her numbers could’ve been.

This will probably wrap up the season tonight against Stanford. I don't have a lot of confidence in that the Bama offense is going to make a quick turn around and put about 6-8 runs on the board. I might be wrong and hope but it's very doubtful. Next it will be interesting to see which players hit the transfer portal next week. I'm thinking a mass exodus like last year. RTR
I can see 3 Jrs. and maybe 1 soph. transfering. Their playing time has been nearly non existant, Gidley, Haney, Grill and possibly Barnhart.

I can see 3 Jrs. and maybe 1 soph. transfering. Their playing time has been nearly non existant, Gidley, Haney, Grill and possibly Barnhart.

Don't disagree with you here. Hate that for Grill. Otoh, if this is really one of Murphy's least-talented teams, and those players can't find their way onto the field or even a PH spot, then perhaps a change in venue is in order.

Thanks to Stanford not working its game plan, Fouts has had it really easy the last two innings. 1 - 2 - 3 on just seven pitches. Good to see it's not just Prange hitting those first-pitch outs.

Watching this game and the season it’s very obvious Patrick Murphy and the coaching staff doesn’t put a lot of emphasis on batting. Watch strike after strike go by them and then swing at balls in the dirt. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Back
Top Bottom