| BSB/SB ⚾ Baseball Regional: Alabama gets eliminated by Stetson with 4-0 loss. Season = Over

Vaughn better know how to recruit and hire a good pitching coach. The SEC isn't forgiving at all.

That said, we've had some really good wins for a coach in his first year with the program. It's obvious we need better arms to compete. Way too many games blown because of questionable decisions by the pitching staff and not having quality arms.

Our pitching has taken a big step back! Farrow K’s the first two and then proceeds to not be able to hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle on the next two, and thus the shitshow began!! Vaughn needs to be looking for a pitching coach, NOW!!!

Today's game is delayed until at least noon because of rain.

As far as last night, just a frustrating game from the start. If I remember right, Farone walked 3. All 3 scored. Then in the later innings, Bama walked the leadoff guy in nearly every inning. Just inexcusable stuff. This team has been cursed on opening night/day games this year, but they've also been their worst enemy in those games. ADII has got to get his control fixed this summer... he's wasting too much ability and talent right now. His release point is all over the place, and he's not effectively wild, he's dangerously wild. The good was Lebron continues to exceed any realistic expectations... the kid is just special. Flipping the page to today, it sucks that we have to burn Hess now, but hard to argue against it. If Bama is going to win the regional at this point, there's going to have to be a couple of pitchers step up that either haven't yet this year, or haven't had the opportunity to... sometimes, the latter happens in the postseason, so maybe there's some hope there. But in terms of pitching, Bama is not in a great spot at this point... the offense really needs to find a way to keep the pressure off the arms and score early and often...

As far as last night, just a frustrating game from the start. If I remember right, Farone walked 3. All 3 scored. Then in the later innings, Bama walked the leadoff guy in nearly every inning. Just inexcusable stuff. This team has been cursed on opening night/day games this year, but they've also been their worst enemy in those games. ADII has got to get his control fixed this summer... he's wasting too much ability and talent right now. His release point is all over the place, and he's not effectively wild, he's dangerously wild. The good was Lebron continues to exceed any realistic expectations... the kid is just special. Flipping the page to today, it sucks that we have to burn Hess now, but hard to argue against it. If Bama is going to win the regional at this point, there's going to have to be a couple of pitchers step up that either haven't yet this year, or haven't had the opportunity to... sometimes, the latter happens in the postseason, so maybe there's some hope there. But in terms of pitching, Bama is not in a great spot at this point... the offense really needs to find a way to keep the pressure off the arms and score early and often...
I'm worried Lebron is going to get a good NIL offer and transfer. Going to big uphill battle for Vaughn to get this program rolling.

I'm worried Lebron is going to get a good NIL offer and transfer. Going to big uphill battle for Vaughn to get this program rolling.

I'm not too worried about Lebron leaving, if it happens it happens, but he's got a little different makeup about him and support system than some do... in a good way. But, it was always going to be an uphill battle in some ways for whoever is in charge... the changes going on in college athletics should be more positive than negative for Bama in that regard though, IMO. When the 11.7 rule gets trashed, hopefully very soon, that will be a key to a big pair of handcuffs that Bama has had to wear.

Pitching at all stages ( starters, mid relief, to closers) has been disappointing this year. When we have needed a shutdown inning, we’ve often failed, like yesterday. Focus, or a lack thereof, has been so frustrating to watch! Farrone starts the game with back to back K’s and then he can’t find the strike zone on the next two batters and then grooves a pitch for a 2 run double putting us in an immediate hole! Offense gets us back and Farrone immediately goes out and gives the lead back. As you said, AD’s control issues have got to be fixed!!! Release point all over the place and never seems to be in the same spot consecutively! FOCUS!!! As far as someone stepping up, that’s what it is going to take if we are to potentially win this regional. We’re forced to burn Hess now in this do or die situation. AD likely done for today, because JJ insists on running him out there so damn early!
You got at least 2 hours fellas to get your minds right!!! Win and survive or lose and put the gear away until fall ball!

I understand Drew’s frustration and point, BUT the issue for 1-5 isn’t the lineup at the plate or defense, it’s ON THE BUMP!!

One big thing this team misses is a true leadoff hitter... it would nice and beneficial to be able to move Miller in the 2 or 3 hole where he'd have more chances to drive in runs. He's a really good hitter... Would be awesome if McCants could handle the bat better and not strike out so much and draw more walks. Having him leadoff with some combo of Lebron, Petrutz, and Miller to follow sure would be nice.

I'm not too worried about Lebron leaving, if it happens it happens, but he's got a little different makeup about him and support system than some do... in a good way. But, it was always going to be an uphill battle in some ways for whoever is in charge... the changes going on in college athletics should be more positive than negative for Bama in that regard though, IMO. When the 11.7 rule gets trashed, hopefully very soon, that will be a key to a big pair of handcuffs that Bama has had to wear.
I really hope the 11.7 rule gets eliminated quickly. It's such bull shit the NCAA stands there and says they're all for the student-athletes while having Title IX. Knowing it would create an unfair playing field. But then again, we're talking about a multi-billion dollar organization that allows the Wild Wild West when it comes to NIL and tampering.

It's just hard to get truly invested into a program when good players will just get a ludicrous NIL offer to transfer to other programs more invested than us. We probably won't throw money around such as the likes of LSU, Texas, Arkansas, and more recently Tennessee. But then again, if we sustained any success, I imagine we would. But the bitch of it is that it's hard to sustain that type of success when all your talent leaves.

I think Vaugh is just the guy we need to succeed. His analytical approach to the game is very Oats-esque. But I just worry with our limitations, it's such a massive hill to climb.

Maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic as always.

I really hope the 11.7 rule gets eliminated quickly. It's such bull shit the NCAA stands there and says they're all for the student-athletes while having Title IX. Knowing it would create an unfair playing field. But then again, we're talking about a multi-billion dollar organization that allows the Wild Wild West when it comes to NIL and tampering.

It's just hard to get truly invested into a program when good players will just get a ludicrous NIL offer to transfer to other programs more invested than us. We probably won't throw money around such as the likes of LSU, Texas, Arkansas, and more recently Tennessee. But then again, if we sustained any success, I imagine we would. But the bitch of it is that it's hard to sustain that type of success when all your talent leaves.

I think Vaugh is just the guy we need to succeed. His analytical approach to the game is very Oats-esque. But I just worry with our limitations, it's such a massive hill to climb.

Maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic as always.

The NIL and collective stuff is certainly an issue... Only so much money to go around and Bama doesn't have the level of baseball specific boosters compared to places like LSU and Arkansas. Just like places like Mississippi State and Kentucky don't have the level of football specific boosters like Bama does. Vaughn has talked about how important it is for him and the staff to build strong relationship with the players he recruits so they they build a strong trust with each other... the players will still get a fair amount of $, but I think the hope is that the trust built will outweigh the money chasers that Bama will not always be able afford. All easier said than done, I think he's the type that can do it pretty well. We'll see. I will say that the handful of the players that he's already brought it... in my limited personal experiences with them... they are of very high character, and it ain't hard to see. That is the first step.

Back
Top Bottom