| BSB/SB đźĄŽ Alabama Advances to the Super Regionals hosting #12 seed Northwestern

That's what I meant. If he sat behind the dugout, it wouldn't be nearly as bad.
I agree with you, but we want a solid program for years, not a single year where we get handed an easy regional based on name (not my words, but others on this forum), and then continue to slide. We're one of those teams because of one pitcher. The issue is where we go without her and looking forward as far as the program is concerned. For this season though, yeah, we somehow got here without much offense, and we should be happy where we are at considering that.
My words too. I agree100%.

IMO the criticism of Murph has been warranted. Sure I’m as happy as any Bama fan that this softball team has made it this far and hopefully will make it all the way to OKC. With that being said, this program has been on the decline past 3-4 years. There is no reason Alabama softball should not be on the consistency level with Oklahoma. Murph has the facilities and resources to be there. It’s obvious Gasso works daily to make the Oklahoma program what it is. It’s going to be interesting to watch the transfer portal after this season. Not who Murph gets in the portal but what current Alabama players hit the portal. RTR
Really. Thats like saying tennessee football should be at bamas level...just because they have the resources...

The ok dynasty is one of greatest in sports history...along with unconn womens bball...

A lot of the "resources" at this point is NIL money. I don't know for sure where Alabama softball sits in the NIL "ranking" with the rest of the SEC... but I feel comfortable saying they trail OU.... significantly. It's sort of like baseball... Byrne can go out and make a 10/10 hire... and the program would be better off for it in many ways... but to compete with Vandy, LSU, and the big boys in the SEC year in and year out, they are going to have to have an influx on NIL cash to boost the talent numbers. Otherwise, the ceiling won't be as high as it could be.

A lot of the "resources" at this point is NIL money. I don't know for sure where Alabama softball sits in the NIL "ranking" with the rest of the SEC... but I feel comfortable saying they trail OU.... significantly. It's sort of like baseball... Byrne can go out and make a 10/10 hire... and the program would be better off for it in many ways... but to compete with Vandy, LSU, and the big boys in the SEC year in and year out, they are going to have to have an influx on NIL cash to boost the talent numbers. Otherwise, the ceiling won't be as high as it could be.

I think a lot of the thinking that these Thletes have to be given a set number or wowed just to get them to a school, bjt a well thought out incentive plan may go further. Year 2, Year 3, and Year 4 could be safety net funds for these women athletes instead of getting a smaller lump sum up front. Pretty sure Oklahoma does not have more money than us or a better NIL setup. They put a lot into football and gymnastics as well. I would say Alabama is probabky football, basketball, and then softball as far as priority. Am I wrong there?

Facing a 5th year lefty that could handle two back to back days. She's no joke.
Ok, I’ve done some “scouting”. This young lady can put than “change of pace/change up” in a teacup!!!! It also “runs” into righty’s and away from lefty’s!!!! Plus she throws that pitch anywhere from the upper 40’s to mid 50’s. She is going to make it tough, for sure. I didn’t realize how much better she is this year than last. Also she doesn’t “work hard” in the circle. Which means she can throw all three games, plus. Still think it’s one of the better draws for our girls.

I think a lot of the thinking that these Thletes have to be given a set number or wowed just to get them to a school, bjt a well thought out incentive plan may go further. Year 2, Year 3, and Year 4 could be safety net funds for these women athletes instead of getting a smaller lump sum up front. Pretty sure Oklahoma does not have more money than us or a better NIL setup. They put a lot into football and gymnastics as well. I would say Alabama is probabky football, basketball, and then softball as far as priority. Am I wrong there?

IMO, set guidelines for everyone and a better overall plan would have been the best route.... stuff like you mentioned. Or athletes who earn a degree from the school they sign with get a set amount upon graduation, like an incentive bonus. I think one misunderstanding many fans have though is... The money has to is supposed to flow in from fans/boosters, it can't be University funds. Right now, Alabama is lagging behind many others in the giving. If you give to the UA collective, say buy a subscription to Yea Alabama or merchandise from there... that's great, but the money is filtered down through football and every other sport down to Men's Tennis and Women's Rowing. If you want money to go directly to the softball program, or to the baseball program for example, you have to give to that specific program with that stipulation. Not sure what the going rates are in softball... Fouts is a money machine, but she's an outlier. She the most popular player in Alabama history, has a huge social media presence, and a personality that fits into all of it perfectly. On the baseball side though? You've got teams in the SEC paying 6 figures a year for top talent. LSU pays better players a fortune, again, thanks to their fan/booster support.

Not sure if true or not, but I have heard that the female sports at BAMA, are behind several other universities in NIL money. Not really a priority, again not sure if true. Just what I’ve heard, 2nd, 3rd hand info. From a friend/acquaintance of a few of the female athletes at BAMA, and Georgia (they’re in the same boat)

Really. Thats like saying tennessee football should be at bamas level...just because they have the resources...

The ok dynasty is one of greatest in sports history...along with unconn womens bball...
I did mention facilities and resources. I also
mentioned after that the consistent success of the Oklahoma program due to the hard work of their HC. IMO the difference between the 2 programs is, Gasso is the Nick Saban of softball.

Not sure if true or not, but I have heard that the female sports at BAMA, are behind several other universities in NIL money. Not really a priority, again not sure if true. Just what I’ve heard, 2nd, 3rd hand info. From a friend/acquaintance of a few of the female athletes at BAMA, and Georgia (they’re in the same boat)

Not just limited to the female sports.

And a commitment that is more that a flash...see bama bball
While some of hires seem strong....thae overall committement really isnt there...see coleman cattle barn

Ok seems pretty high on football ladder....and is one of top programs throughout history...

Ok seems pretty high on football ladder....and is one of top programs throughout history...

With as much as The Rhoads Family gave, you would think money within the softball program would not be lacking. Softball is always sold out and has a big following for a woman's sport. Shocking to hear we are suffering financially as far as NIL goes. Gotta be businesses around town wanting to advertise women.

With as much as The Rhoads Family gave, you would think money within the softball program would not be lacking. Softball is always sold out and has a big following for a woman's sport. Shocking to hear we are suffering financially as far as NIL goes. Gotta be businesses around town wanting to advertise women.
And ....softball is getting a lot of press....tv time....
But there is only so much money people are willing to spend....
And...
To donate money to UofA to give to kids...just give.....some how...doesn't sit well with me...as the whole NIL doesnt...

Maybe the rich...dont care...but i aint in that catagory

The LSU superfan is Deangelo Sanchez. He is actually one of the nicest people you would ever meet despite going to Auburn. I believe it was his sister who played softball for LSU a few years back which is when he started his superfan role. He will show up to some big travel ball tournaments and take pictures and talk to the players. Yes he can be extremely distracting to have right behind home plate on TV but he is a really good dude and he loves the sport and the SEC.

In other softball news, Auburn had a bad day yesterday. Four players jumped into the transfer portal (Jessie Blaine, Carlee McCondichie, Lindsay Garcia, and Bri Ellis). Ellis broke Auburn's freshman homerun record last year hitting 20 HRs. That is a combined 208 starts this year among those 4.

I still think Murph should hire a true “hitting coach” and designate himself to more of a dugout role except when we are at bat. I actually like seeing him in the 3rd base box. He definitely gets animated with the windmill!!!
As for NIL, I can see where we are lacking. While the Rhoads’ family pumped money into the program, I imagine that most has gone into the facilities to make them top notch. Problem is finding others willing to funnel money into the program that isn’t already dumping funds into football. Just like HS, football is the King and as they say in the Rant, the FoGs only see one sport.

Back
Top Bottom