| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. WKU

Good- 63-0. Team got better as the game went on. Milroe was not as sharp as hoped but he still had almost 300 yards total offense. He will be fine. We also have a great backup QB option. Oh and played a ton of players many true freshmen.

Bad- Early penatlies but I guess with it being the first game maybe it should not be a surprise. Proctor getting hurt in warm ups what is up with that? Hearing he may be out a few games pending MRI.

Ugly- Get off the field on 3rd down on that one drive. Some tackling issues at times.

Last edited:
Good- we rotated A LOT of guys on defense, instead of waiting until the final 2-3 minutes of the game! Played 3 QBs by choice! Defense attacking play after play after play! Tackling was on point!

Bad- 1st half penalties! 6 for 51!!!

Ugly- TJ Finley! To be as big as he is, he isn’t a very good QB! Reminds me of a DJ U 2.0!

Good - Very pleased with our team's overall performance and the less tense sideline from a coaching standpoint

Bad - WTH was going on in warmup to get injured enough to loose a starting player for the game, maybe more? More than likely would have happened during the game anyway.

Ugly - We missed attending Coach DeBoer first game. We've been to the first game of each new coach since Coach Bryant retired. Glad we didn't jinx the new staff with our absence. Thanks to anyone who filled in for us.

Good-Not leaving the starters in past the halfway 3rd quarter..I always thought it was BS to leave starters in too long, with a game well in hand..I still remember losing one of the best players I’ve ever seen, Tyrone Prothro, for no damn good reason..
And the team “looseness”..They seemed to be having fun out there..
Bad-It was Western Kentucky..So the verdict is still to come.. even though they are supposed to have a high-powered offense..
Ugly-Very little..

GOOD - To me, the team played looser and with more “fun” than previous teams. I’m not sure if that is good or not but they seems to be having fun and not “at work”. I thought the defense played less tight than previous years and the secondary was better than I expected (consider the opponent).

BAD- offense seemed a bit out of sync early on ( first game though) and penalties.

UGLY - Proctor’s injury

Good - Very pleased with our team's overall performance and the less tense sideline from a coaching standpoint

Bad - WTH was going on in warmup to get injured enough to loose a starting player for the game, maybe more? More than likely would have happened during the game anyway.

Ugly - We missed attending Coach DeBoer first game. We've been to the first game of each new coach since Coach Bryant retired. Glad we didn't jinx the new staff with our absence. Thanks to anyone who filled in for us.
I tore my tricep one time, curling a 10 gallon water cooler (full of ice and water) with both arms…The angle was awkward..So you can get injured in very unexpected ways..strange injuries usually happens to heavy lifters the easiest..

Last edited:
Good- 2 pics early. I thought defense did a good job. Playing 3 qbs.

Bad- 3rd down opportunities to get off the field and a little poor tackling. Penalties early and, I thought phantom penalties.

Ugly- someone thinking Simpson was better than Milroe. Long drives by WKU.

Savor the win… but.. This was Western Kentucky, a big scrimmage game.. We will see soon how good we really are..
South Florida will be a bigger test..

Last edited:
I still think we are in trouble at qb. To me, Simpson moves the offense better.
I'll have to do the math. Not right now.

They had about 20 or so plays that ran directly through Jalen. It accounts for ... guessing, 270 or more in total offense. I didn't like the sack: never do. But, that's a breakdown. It happens.

I hope you jump in on the weekends this season...not to say, "told ya," but to watch Jalen progress. It's a different chapter in Bama history but one that mirrors Hurts.

It's week one. You can't over react. But, I'll react with this...

This Bama team in week one would have beaten Ohio State, Georgia, and a number of other programs. I say that with a degree of confidence because they didn't show anything yesterday. It was all, "plain Jane football." I didn't see any more motion on offense than I saw under a guy like O'Brien. I didn't see stunts on defense.

I hate the term, "vanilla." But.

Back
Top Bottom